The Padawan

Hello everyone and welcome to my diary for the Dinafem / Intense nutrients competition

I was chuffed to bits when I got selected to take part in this contest, but I've been blown away by the generosity of both @Dinafem-Mark and @Intense Nutrients Matt. When the postie delivered me a box i could hardly carry I thought what the hell could this be? I wasn't expecting the range of nutrients that has been supplied so it was like christmas morning when i opened it. Many thanks to you both

In a previous Dinafem grow diary I posted a pic of a new groom I've been building in my loft. Mark very kindly offered me seeds to christen it in style. I choose Purps#1 and quick gorilla. When i got accepted to the comp he also sent me some blueberry cookies so Ill be growing the 3 strains. 2 quick gorilla, 1 blueberry cookies and 1 Purps#1.

I only hope i can do them justice. Now lets get this show on the road!

large.DSC_0517.jpg

large.DSC_0531.jpg

Propagation

large.DSC_0536.jpglarge.DSC_0539.jpglarge.DSC_0546.jpglarge.DSC_0548.jpglarge.DSC_0553.jpg

I started by soaking some root it sponges in water. Squeezed out any excess then popped the seeds in the hole, covering it up with a piece picked off from the bottom. Labelled them up then into my small prop wrapped in a towel and sat on top of my veg cab for warmth. Fingers crossed they'll all show their heads in the next few days.

I will keep them in the veg cab for the next few weeks and then they will be moved up into my new groom in the loft. Im very nearly finished and should hopefully have the equipment installed by next week. Heres how its going if you'd like to have a look.

My biggest DIY job to date, In fact I think its worthy of a feature in George Clarkes amazing spaces lol 

Thats all for now. Ill be back when they've popped. Best of luck to all taking part

:chef:

• Like 11

Always nice to see shiney new grow stuff being used and a dwc diary is always great to watch with the speed of growth. 

Thanks for getting your diary up and running mate and best of luck in the competition. 

All the best bro

Matt :skin_up:

• Like 4

Just a quick update to say all 4 girls have popped their heads up 

large.IMG_20191112_185159.jpg

I will start using the kick start and foundation now and get them into their net pots over the next few days. Ill be back with more then

:haveadab:

• Like 8

Day 4 

large.DSC_0554.jpg

All has been well in the veg cab over the last few days. The 2 quick gorillas are starting to stretch and they were showing some roots from the cubes so i decided it was time to get them into their net pots.

large.DSC_0563.jpglarge.DSC_0564.jpglarge.DSC_0568.jpglarge.DSC_0567.jpg

I put my clay pebbles into a sieve and gave them a real good wash with the shower. 

large.DSC_0583.jpg

Next i placed some pebbles into the base of the net pot. Around 1 or 2 inches worth. Into the middle with the cube and then filled in around the sides.

large.DSC_0587.jpglarge.DSC_0589.jpglarge.DSC_0591.jpglarge.DSC_0592.jpg

large.DSC_0596.jpg

I repeated the same process with the other 3.

Now they are in their new homes I thought it would be a good time to introduce them to the Intense Nutrient range

large.DSC_0613.jpg

Ive opted for a cautious approach and went around half the recommended dosage on the Hydro Feed Chart but ill let you all know how they are getting on over the weekend

large.DSC_0601.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 11

Tip top work mate  hoping for a loads of roots through the net pot very soon then they will start to fly 

Thanks for the update bro 

Matt :skin_up:

• Like 3

@The Padawan Nice to see you've got your Dinafem X Intense nutrients grow off up and running  :yep:

And off to a flying start  ;)

Let's see what you can do with our genetics and the Intense nutrient line up.

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

@Intense Nutrients Matt

@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. I hope its plain sailing lol

@jadenugs cheers mate. I'm hoping for no dramas this run.

Day 14

large.IMG_20191126_140239.jpg

75 Watts of cfl and the finest cocktail known to seedlings. Sure what more could you ask for. 

The Quick gorilla's are living up to their name and have always been that one step ahead of the rest in development. They are starting to spit out some nice roots. I think I may have sprayed number 1 when feeding. I noticed a few spots on her leaves but haven't seen it get any worse. 

large.IMG_20191126_140814.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140743.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140714.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140651.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140626.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140559.jpg

The blueberry cookies and the purps#1 are looking just as healthy but slightly behind the gorilla on root development. 

large.IMG_20191126_140524.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140449.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140422.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140344.jpglarge.IMG_20191126_140312.jpg

Forgot to get a root shot of the purps. I'm having to do all photos, editing and uploading on my phone. The storage on my computer is full and it's running like a sow. I have got an external hard drive so need to get it all moved onto it. It's so much easier on the computer. Although the camera on the phone isn't shabby either. 

That's us up to date for now. I think they may be ready for the bubblers come the weekend. 

Thanks for looking

• Like 5

looking great mate I agree the overspray will have caused the dotting on the quick gorilla 1 

thanks for the update and hope to see them in the bubblepots soon and watch the whole load start to take off there like rockets in dwc :yep: 

all the best

matt :skin_up: 

• Like 3