dinafems critical kush feminised

geoffo

Hi could you give me a few pointers on this strain please?

Whats its flowering time and is it stable overflowered or go to seed?

I sometimes add a few weeks on flowering times to pack on more weight but i know not all strains are suitable to do this with.

Thanks,

geoff

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, geoffo said:

Hi could you give me a few pointers on this strain please?

Whats its flowering time and is it stable overflowered or go to seed?

I sometimes add a few weeks on flowering times to pack on more weight but i know not all strains are suitable to do this with.

Thanks,

geoff

Hello mate ;)

Critical Kush has a flowering time of 60-65 day's, this could be pushed to 70 maybe 75 day's if needed but she's ripe and ready to harvest much earlier  ;)

On 31/10/2019 at 8:40 PM, geoffo said:

it stable overflowered or go to seed?

Do you mean. If you flower past the 65 day Mark will she hermi and produce male pollen to create seeds?

If so, no mate. The only advantage of flowering past peak window will be trichome colour and development. You'll get more Amber trichomes the longer you push the harvest window. Which maybe what you need?

More info on our Critical Kush can be found here my friend  :yep:

https://www.dinafem.org/en/critical-kush-dinafem/

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Cheers for the info. Ive got some late in flower at the minute.

They was sensitive to a ph swing very early on and hermied for a short time, luckily only preflowers was affected, i pulled them off no more appeared.

The bud to stalk ratio is good. Ph @ 6.5 soil feeding light-moderate maxed at @ 950ppm

They stretched but not too bad, mindyou i used triacontanol to reduce the stretch. Ive bent a couple of foot long main colas over that just wouldnt stop growing, they didnt mind been broken/bent.

theyll yield about 1kg per m2 if grown right, maybe even a little more.

I dont know whether to try these or chronic for a heavyweight tree style grow im planning on doing next how resistant are the big colas to stress/molding?

Thats my main issue when i go for big plants big yields is the main colas are really susceptable to molding inside, ive had to chop BIG plants down 2-3weeks early in the past, still yielded over a kg dried trimmed bud each time but im always wondering if i could push a plant all the way what potentially the yield could be?

• Like 1

On 23/01/2020 at 11:04 AM, geoffo said:

in the past, still yielded over a kg dried trimmed bud each time but im always wondering if i could push a plant all the way what potentially the yield could be?

Considering that the last 2-3 weeks is where the majority of the weight goes on I think pushing the girls those few extra week's could make a big difference yield wise  :yep:

Worth a try my friend  ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• 3 months later...

Well i did a last minute thing and threw a  critical kush mother into flower for a tree grow. Considering she wasnt trained its not looking bad, im short on a kg but not by loads. 600w hung vertical either side 60days flower.

Ive run out of feed due to covid and been unable to pickup more yet so ran a very basic nute schedule.

biobizz organic flower + organic bloom booster. Dash of nitrozyme late on to stretch out the buds a bit, molds a nightmare on big dense colas so i 'stretched n saved' this time.

I also added tricontanol 1-2ppm most feeds.

People ask if that tri reduces THC, in this strain at least definately NOT!

Il post a summary/diary with a few pics of the result.

Mark do you know of a pgr that induces early flowerset and another that promotes lateral growth in veg thats ok to use please?

I use both tricontanol and brassinolide as they occur naturally but not for the reasons in my  previous question, im trying to go back to a basic G M B 3 part formula and anything else i add myself instead of hidden in snakeoil overpriced additives.

Im after training a few for DWC tree grow next, thatll be interesting

• Like 1

On 25/04/2020 at 10:17 AM, geoffo said:

Mark do you know of a pgr that induces early flowerset and another that promotes lateral growth in veg thats ok to use please?

I don't have much to go with PGR,s mate :(

You might find this article useful :yep:

https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/blog/plant-growth-regulators-weed/

On 25/04/2020 at 10:17 AM, geoffo said:

post a summary/diary with a few pics of the result.

Will keep a look out for it mate  :yep:

Stay safe out there :cheers:

All the best :bong:

Mark..