No Harka Mectin available?

xerophyte

Anything ambermectin/ivermectine (sp) based will work , if you dont mind killing pests with chems (and going by your post you dont mind) then go for some Plant Vitality + theres a £30 & £100 bottle available...its transluminar in effect so direct contact is not needed and it leaches from the plant in 2 weeks.

I have the £100 bottle (more concentrated) for desperate measures.

What are you trying to eradicate ? 

Iirc @vince noir rock n roll star knows his stuff with this...there is a great thread by @Felix Dzerzhinsky on ambermectin based products :yep:

Farmer G 

52 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Ive just googled it and found a few????

Owd

So have I! Thanks. 

Most of the suppliers that pop up first in a search are saying 'Out of stock due to manufacturing issues'

Have now ordered some.

My local grow shop has an 'under the counter' bug killer that it calls Kazoom or Kaboom or something. Didn't want to use that as it could be absoultely anything.

dont breath it in whatever you do ..wear gloves ..farmer g has suggested plant vitality plus ,ive used this in the past and is super effective ,.just give enough time to flush the plants properly at the end of flowering to ensure you have removed most from the plant just to be sure .

• Like 2

PPE is a must indeed , full face mask if you can disposable overalls gloves and tape to tape the sleeves/wrist...

I remember using floramite years ago only using a pair of shades and a T wrapped round my face , i woke up in the morning looking like will smith from Hitch !!!

Farmer G 

• Like 1

FFS

PHARMAQ Ivermectin Drops 1% 5ml atl 22 quid is about 3 times as strong as Harka-Mectin and a good substitute.

Or for a cheap slightly lower dose under a fiver for a  4 x pipette Beaphar Anti-Parasite Spot On For Rabbit, Guinea Pigs, Ferrets and Rats,  a pippette full a bit stronger than a few drops of Harka-Mectin but more tricky to work out the ratio.

B.A.C. Plant Vitality Plus contains who knows what but its dilution rates make it a very dear buy. And should be avoided at all costs.

On the other hand plant vitality killermite is a good product containing abamectin 1.84% While it is really only really  supposed to be for professional use, It is available at amazon for anyone to buy at £46:94 for 250ml delivered, its enough to make up to 500 litres of spray for mites or half for thrips, if I was in the market for a mectin spray this is what I would purchase, if abamectin resistant  PHARMAQ Ivermectin Drops. Please give up to date relevant  information peeps.

• Like 3

I recently used the killermite old-timer mentioned and can confirm it's bloody good stuff :yep:

I usually use the permethrin bombs if in veg as I find they're like the AK-47 of mite killers. For when absolutely everything in the room MUST die (bar the plants obviously).

The killer mite works well though and doesn't burn/scorch the plants in anyway which PVP sometimes does..

• Like 2

@FARMER G

Do you know if Ivermectin Would be effective against Either Broad mites or Cyclamen mites ?

If not do you know of any UK available chems that would be effective?

US sites seem to use AVID and Forbid ,Pylon which doesn't look like its available over here.

Just want to try something as a diagnostic. 

17 hours ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

Broad mites or Cyclamen mites

Forbid ,Pylon which doesn't look like its available over here.

Ivermectin is effective if the mites were not imported  from resistant over treated strains on cuts from the usa.

Zephyr is a US version of  Abermectin similar to  killermite/dynamec.

The thing about abermectin is there is absolutely no evidence of any carcinogenic activity. Ivermectin is used to treat internal parasites in humans and both internal and external parasites in animals and birds systemically both are Avermectins originally brewed from Streptomyces avermitilis a bacterium species.  Considered by some as an organic product 

Both types are very toxic to aquatic life and bees, dispose of with care.

Pesticides containing chlorfenapyr such as Pylon have never been approved for use in the uk or eu countries, its never been properly tested in the US and not classified as a carcinogen, but bsaf are powerful and some evidence suggest its a possible human carcinogen. 

Forbid 4F ie spiromesifen again doubtful evaluation a Bayer product part of the bsaf/bayer/ monsanto multinational/cartel, all of these companies have interfered with testing funding for years, E.P.A. studies indicate strong suspicion that spiromesifen is carcinogenic to humans. Do you really want to use this or the likes of Pylon on a product you want to consume and inhale so it crosses the blood/brain barrier?

Personally I would avoid both Pylon and Forbid 4F but they are available on ebay very costly though.

I think spinosad may also kill your mites.

Hope this helps Ot1.

• Like 3

@oldtimer1.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on permethrin?

I always assumed it was pretty safe as it's used to kill bed bugs/moths and fumigation in houses etc

Isn't it used on scabies too?? Iirc anyways?

It was my go too bug killer before I bought the killermite.

@oldtimer1

In short I wouldn't use any of these types of miticide and then smoke/ Vape it to be honest.

I would only use to help diagnose if I have some sort Virus or one of the smaller mites.

and maybe to spray around grow room to kill eggs if it is indeed mites.

I've been unable to  definitely find any mites but apparently they are hard to find , I thought if I applied one of the miticides that definitely said to work and then watch for improvement I could rule out mites out  or not.

In the process of writing up new topic asking for advice on this ongoing issue I've been having.

I would greatly appreciate  if both yourself and farmer g Could have look once posted.

Maybe someone will have a better idea.