Seed type advice needed

Disco Paul

Hello all,

I know that there are a number of very comprehesive strain guides about but to be honest, everytime I try to read them I dont get much further than the 'a's.

I would like a recommendation for my first crop. Preferably available as female seeds, not too bothered about a massive yield (Im a fairly moderate smoker...cant get my life together if I toke too much :P )

I like a crisp energetic high, absolutly not a heavy headed one. I like to kinda buzz about doing things when Im stoned, having a chin wag with Mr Brown from over the street/doing a bit of DIY/examining how well or badly designed things are/how pretty things are etc. Probably a milder high than some skunk vareties too is my preferance.

Does anyone have a particular recomendation?

OldPink: "your looking for a more Sativa than indica."

Some form of Thai, Juicy fruit, Jack Herer

In general Sativas are head highs and Indicas couchlocks.

I like a stone at the end of the day when I can just chill out and contemplate before crawling to bed. As a relative newcomer having only done bagseed before i went for a skunk and an NL#5 cross.

AFIAK when you harvest also affects the stone, so you could get a modest up aswell as a severe mong inducer, depending on the THC/CBN/CBD ratio (feel free to correct me on this anyone)

If your indoors then look for a sativa/indica cross to give you the high of a sat with the reduced height of an indica. Thats if you havent got 5-6ft of roof space or aren't Scrogging.

Also, if its your 1st grow then something cheap is best.....dont want to throw £60 of sprouts on the compost bin if things mess up eh?!

Sativas generally take longer to flower than indicas (~60 days), so its all a question of balance...

Check out http://cannagenetics.com and take your pick!

Just dont spend too long thinking about it :P

Hi cookaloid

You could try Durban Poison as it seems to fit your requirements exactly.

It is relatively easy to grow (although i had a nightmare with the last lot i grew for what ever reason) a pure sativa with a lovely up high that can have you in bits laffin' your ass off or chatting away till your hearts content. It always makes me feel like being cheeky, :P.

It only takes 8 weeks to flower, and has a relatively good harvest. It has a lovely aroma that isnt as overpwering as skunk strains, and subsequently, odour control isnt too difficult whilst its flowering.

It is a strain that apparently many growers hold in high regard.

Chip

I just finished some Thai a few days ago. Took it a little early because I overpollenated and was cutting my losses spacewise, but it was still very resinous and fragrant. The high definitely qualifies for what you're looking for, cookaloid, but it really is a light yielder. Beautiful plant, though, and a wonderfully earthy, lightly floral taste.

I've never had the pleasure of Durban, but it does enjoy a good reputation.

If I was looking for a bargain strain, I would consider KC Brains' Leda Uno. If money was no object, I would be very tempted by The Flying Dutchmen's Swazi Safari (which likely has some Durban in it).

Guest bc pete

durban most definatly causes a head high, spins your compass!! and takes a few minutes, well a little more than that to regain your bearings

funny that this is my favourite yet i am not growing it?

also being a medi user, it really helps with the pain, best of both worlds

good luck,

bc pete :mellow: