Greenhouse question

Naz007

For those who grow outside in the greenhouse. When you know that there's going to be a nice sunny day, do you physically move the plant out of the greenhouse and place it in direct sunlight and when sunset in the evening, bring back into the greenhouse?

• Like 1

Sometime. yep. But mostly not unless its overcrowded.

The warmth of the greenhouse is mostly beneficial so I just leave them be (photos)

Autos i will move outside if its nice enough and the g house is looking too crowded.

49 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

Sometime. yep. But mostly not unless its overcrowded.

The warmth of the greenhouse is mostly beneficial so I just leave them be (photos)

Autos i will move outside if its nice enough and the g house is looking too crowded.

Why would you also move the Autos outside? Does it need more direct sun light compared to photos? 

No not at all just 'cause autos in smaller pots. easier to move. but risk insect infestations in the garden from things like butterflys and moths that cant easily gain access to the g house.

might not seem like an issue but when tose catarpillas hatch you will be surprised at the damage they can do.

Photos are in bigger pots towards end of season and |I bury them in the soil in the g house for extra headroom. so not so easy to move.

Hope thats clarified things.

Yes you can put them out on nice days

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

No not at all just 'cause autos in smaller pots. easier to move. but risk insect infestations in the garden from things like butterflys and moths that cant easily gain access to the g house.

might not seem like an issue but when tose catarpillas hatch you will be surprised at the damage they can do.

Photos are in bigger pots towards end of season and |I bury them in the soil in the g house for extra headroom. so not so easy to move.

Hope thats clarified things.

Yes you can put them out on nice days

Thanks for the information, what do you to tackle the smell from neighbors? 

3 minutes ago, Kipper420 said:

It only gets really smelly in flower. And it smells more when distured so avoid that as much as poss

disturbed? you mean by touching it?

• Like 1

Just now, Kipper420 said:

touching, moving them, pruning.

Makes sense, I'll be aware of that.

I'm planning to grow autoflowers next year in my greenhouse,  as I'm a newbie. I've been told Northern lights is probably the best for the UK climate. Had any experiences of suggestions? 

First season for autos for me so I too am just learning.

I grew Dinafem Cheese xxl and fruit autos

Cheese was spot on, not xxl but think thats down to me.

Fruit is a very fast finish with terpenes to spare cracking smoke on both.

an auto amnesia and gsc both did well too.

I put autos out early and put them on shelving to maximise sunlight in early veg in the g house

Good luck @Naz007

1 minute ago, Kipper420 said:

First season for autos for me so I too am just learning.

I grew Dinafem Cheese xxl and fruit autos

Cheese was spot on, not xxl but think thats down to me.

Fruit is a very fast finish with terpenes to spare cracking smoke on both.

an auto amnesia and gsc both did well too.

I put autos out early and put them on shelving to maximise sunlight in early veg in the g house

Good luck @Naz007

I'm gonna do it early to, probably apri/may and then hopefully my Aug it will be time to harvest. 

I'm thinking of only doing 4 autos (2 in April/May and another 2 in Aug/Sep), see how it goes and if by aug, I can do another 2, do you think in Aug it will be too late before the the time to harvest. Oct is when cold and rain kicks in. 

• Like 1

April and may maybe june but august is too late to start imo. tried that. the intensity of the sun is really only suitable for flowering in august not for veg.

Stagger the seed starts by a few weeks or a month tops.

Start them inside on a window sill until nice days then give em as much sun and natural light as poss imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naz007 said:

I've been told Northern lights is probably the best for the UK climate.

A good choice if you're concerned about the stink.  They still smell but generally a little less if undisturbed as @Kipper420 says...:D

• Like 1