too much ? Is a 600 wt led to much for a 80 x 80 x 140 thanks

right guys as tittle suggest ive got a 600 wt cheapy flebay led an a 80 x 80 x 140 is the led going to be to much of a over kill re heat wise etc thanks in advance

Edited by bubbleguppie

16 minutes ago, bubbleguppie said:

right guys as tittle suggest ive got a 600 wt cheapy flebay led an a 80 x 80 x 140 is the led going to be to much of a over kill re heat wise etc thanks in advance

It's going to depend on exactly what the TRUE wattage is ...

Edited by cultivateur

Can you vouch that it is really 600w? Some of the cheap Chinese ones are also sold by liars.

There have been people here who thought they were getting 300w and they only get 90!

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply guys to e honest it's a eBay special it only draws 110 at at the mains lol I'm going to guess about a true 280 300 maybe 

It's 110 if that what's it's pulling ( from what I know which you could write on side of a stamp) but 110watt would work great in that size area. Does it have veg/flower settings an shit like that? Get 3.5-4oz pretty easy I think.

• Like 1

@michaeldbc thanks I've got 3 seed an white widow to run in her if all goes well once the tents surged her purpose for drying I will run some temp tests etc in there for a week first 

Have you got extraction and everything sorted? Should be pretty easy to maintain a nice environment in that size area.

Good luck 

Personally I don't think that light would cover your space.  I'd be going for 400 hps or 275 ish watt LED.  You'll get something, but its a lot of time and effort.  You could max out your space with a better light.  15oz in that space should be very achievable with a better source.

If it only draws 110 watt from the wall, how are you expecting it to put out more watts?  It will likely be putting out 100w ish.  No where near enough for your footprint.

Edited by FatBoy77

My first time round was with a £40 ebay special that drew 120W at the wall in a 60x80 with enough results to get me invested in growing my own. It will get you started, but you can use more light to get more results as it were :)

So approx 100 watts of LED light at the low efficiency end of the scale.

7 square feet ...only 4 foot 6 of headroom - minus the lamp.

To put in the appropriate amount of power - nearer 350 watts, you would want good ventilation.

That said I grew for several years with a single 250 watt HPS in a leaky  space approximately that size with no active ventilation.  :blushing::blushing:

I've personally never achieved the fabled 1 gramme per watt for a whole bunch of reasons - usually get half that... so with expert pruning or bending you might expect to get a couple of ounces ... but many of us started out very humbly indeed.

Definitely want to not use auto genetics because of the need to precisely control the flowering.

With more headroom it's a no-brainer - 600 watt HPS cheap as chips - like having the summer sun in your cupboard.

Edited by cultivateur