Dinafem low odour strain

Amazonka

Hi, I have not touched cannabis for some 40 odd years. In this time my health has been ruined by drug dealers (doctors prescribing medication).

My wife bought me some CBD oil and the world is now technicolor. It is like surfacing from a pit of quicksand. I exaggerate not. I have been in couch-lock from an irrational stress induced anxiety, which I now know was made worse by the medication I was prescribed, by GPs and 9 psychiatrists. No one helped me, only drugged me.

Now that my normal self is awakening, I want something I can trust. I don't need THC to induce paranoia, the doctors have fixed that one for me with their factory produced toxins. The trouble is Cannabis is frowned upon by the authorities, neighbours etc. So if I want something that I can trust I need to grow it. Probably in a tall patch of thistles I will cultivate for the purpose for stealth growth.

I chose Dinamed because here I found serious work done on strain development, and honest talk.So since my only option is guerrilla growing I would like to have a strain that is fairly odour free.

Can someone advise on which CBD strains have least odour outdoors while in late flowering? I was thinking of Dinamed CBD Autoflowering as a first try. The other Dinameds are big plants with more flowers, which I assume means more smell.

As the current state of research is so lousy, the only way to know what is best is to try myself. So some THC will be OK as long as there is more CBD than THC. It will be trial and (hopefully not) error. I will also be harvesting on the late side of flowering, when the THC is oxidizing to CBN

Any advice appreciated.

• Like 6

@Amazonka first up welcome to uk420. Your best bet is to have @Dinafem-Mark point you in the right direction for low odour CBD strains, they do have a good range of CBD strains. I have tagged mark so once he is online im sure he will respond, but it may be a few days as he aint always on here.

Take it easy Toke...

• Like 6

Hi @Amazonka  I'm a beginner and this was my first year of growing and have no experience of CBD strains but I totally agree with token roll as I also had some quite specific requirements for what I wanted to grow and went with recommendations of @Dinafem-Mark and his suggestions turned out to be spot on for my needs.

I like the logic in doubt autos for stealth and hiding them in thistles.  If it's your garden you may also have the advantage of planting some smelly plants to mask it a bit as I had quite a few autos in my garden this year and smell was fine and masked my tomatoes, sweet peas, lavender and such like though I picked up a tip on here that tobacco plants are very good at hiding cannabis plant smells.

Good luck with your dipping the toe in the growing water and hope you have as much fun as I have learning to grow 

• Like 3

On 02/10/2019 at 7:09 PM, Amazonka said:

My wife bought me some CBD oil and the world is now technicolor. It is like surfacing from a pit of quicksand. I exaggerate not. I have been in couch-lock from an irrational stress induced anxiety, which I now know was made worse by the medication I was prescribed, by GPs and 9 psychiatrists. No one helped me, only drugged me.

Been there my friend even got the t-shirt lol

Prescribed medication is not the best and most of the time can cause issue's it should be helping, I think it's called the boomerang effect  :)

Now onto a pure CBD strain with low odour  :yep:

To be honest I don't find the CBD strains smell like a normal "high THC strain" but they do still have an odour  ;)

I would say DinaMed CBD Kush Auto as your first try mate, she's an auto so will be seed to weed in 70 maybe 80 day's outdoor, stays low and produces some crazy looking flowers which go very deep purple colours almost black colours coming through prior to harvest  ;)

With this I would do DinaMed CBD mate, she's a photoperiod strain but aptly suited for the UK climate outdoors  :yep:

If you do autos and photos you'll get a fast harvest from the autos filling up your jars whilst the photoperiod strains are finishing up  ;)

Hope that helps my friend and welcome to the light side :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 5

On 10/4/2019 at 3:57 PM, Happyeccentric said:

I picked up a tip on here that tobacco plants are very good at hiding cannabis plant smells.

Thanks for the encouragement. This tobacco thing is a bit too much for me at the moment, but they should be great for hiding weed. I have peppermint and spearmint growing like weeds, so I'll try  a few pot as companion plants.

20 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

To be honest I don't find the CBD strains smell like a normal "high THC strain" but they do still have an odour

Thanks for the suggestions Mark. Odour is a subjective thing so I'll act on your suggestion and plan in a trial and error mode.

Back in South Africa I had neighbours who grew weed for a living. They grew a Durban Poison like plant, and dried the buds in a thatch roofed mud hut on stilts with a cane floor for ventilation. I never smelled anything passing their squatter settlement. Very low tech yet efficient.

In a year's time I might have a general idea of this, but just as a general rule of thumb, does a larger plant such as DinaMed CBD smell more than say 3 smaller DinaMed CBD Kush Autos?

I have 4 or 5 places on my property where I can hide a few plants, and I will grow in pots, so I can move any plant if need be. So there is no problem, just a matter of planning.

Thanks again for that advice.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, Amazonka said:

In a year's time I might have a general idea of this, but just as a general rule of thumb, does a larger plant such as DinaMed CBD smell more than say 3 smaller DinaMed CBD Kush Autos?

Not really mate, the photoperiod being bigger will have more flowers which will have more terpines so the smell maybe increased compared to an auto just based on size  ;)

I would still be vigilant and try to keep odour under control  :yep:

No smell, no tell and no sell :headbang:

Those 3 will serve you well :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

be vigilant and try to keep odour under control 

Thanks for the advice and wise words. The "tell" and "sell" part I have no problem with, it's the "smell" bit that I need to be careful about.

This is probably a trial and error exercise as I gain experience. I have a patch about 70 meters from a neighbour. If that is a problem I'll move the pots further away. Then there is a good hiding place, but it is about 20 meters from a neighbour's border. This is an overgrown jungle like corner of his property, but youngsters use it as a short cut between villages. Life has it's complications.

But thanks for your advice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...