Auto Critical Amnesia & Auto Amnesia Male Feminised Plant...

DrProbes

Hi I had 3 Auto Amnesia and 3 Auto Critical Amnesia, I only got one auto critical to grow for a bit, two just didn't grow from the popped seed, 1 came out deformed, the leaves where three fat deformed fingered leaves and the plant died after growing about 5 fan leaves tall...the 3 auto amnesia grew fine but one suddenly shot up and turned male. 

I have ripped it up but was wondering why this would happen if its a feminised seed? They where germinated with paper towel method and grown under light for a few weeks before planting out. They haven't been stressed in anyway and other plants are fine?

Is this just bad luck...?

large.Male3.jpg

large.Male1.jpg

large.Male4.jpg 

The Male in foreground shot up twice the size of the one in front in a few weeks before being shorter.

Edited by DrProbes

Hi mate sorry to hear of this are you sure you have no other strains out you may of mixed up with these Fems?? Only being is there shouldn’t be any males in the feminised Seeds.. they do say there is like a 1/1000 feminised seed can be genetically confused and most big company feminised seed breeders would tell you it’s 1/300 seeds but it does happen from time to time it’s not uncommon, has happened to me a couple of times over the years growing feminised seed , 

So not making up excuses here I’m guessing you just got unlucky with that pack of seeds I’m glad you found an pulled it in time and can only apologise for the inconvenience Caused .. 

I will happily replace all the packs you brought for the inconvenience pm in coming..

Edited by panik

Many thanks Panik your a true Gent, Im totally happy with the two Amnesia autos as you can see from photo its doing what RGS said it would, and the other not in the photo is doing fine too, so one happy customer and putting it down to bad luck, may thanks for the PMs...

• Like 1

On 14/09/2019 at 8:25 AM, panik said:

Hi mate sorry to hear of this are you sure you have no other strains out you may of mixed up with these Fems?? Only being is there shouldn’t be any males in the feminised Seeds.. they do say there is like a 1/1000 feminised seed can be genetically confused and most big company feminised seed breeders would tell you it’s 1/300 seeds but it does happen from time to time it’s not uncommon, has happened to me a couple of times over the years growing feminised seed , 

So not making up excuses here I’m guessing you just got unlucky with that pack of seeds I’m glad you found an pulled it in time and can only apologise for the inconvenience Caused .. 

I will happily replace all the packs you brought for the inconvenience pm in coming..

Interesting. I wonder what the actual rate for males in feminised seeds?

I purchased a total of 35 odd seeds, all feminised, all from RGSC, a total of about 8 strains.

Only one didn’t pop so I was happy. Upon investigating I crack the bean open found and found the husk to be incredibly thick and hard, and hollow. This was a gorilla haze. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

Unfortunately one of my DFG also turned out to be male, which I pulled from the tent, And stuck in the garden to try and get some pollen. This later died through pure neglect and not watering.

It is interesting and we are dealing with Mother Nature so anything is possible.

this is not a negative review by any means, just a heads up I guess...All the other RGSC beans have been vigorous and very uniform all round and have produced some of the stinkiest dense buds I’ve grown to date, particularly the lemonade OG. Proper pukka!

• Like 2

I took that male and stripped the leaves around the flowers, left to dry and just rolled them up and I swear I have got a buzz from it, I thought male plats where useless other than breeding, however this seams to have some thc in it, I am a long term smoker 24/7 from 16 yrs to now being 51, smoked two neat feels like I've had a bit of hash, like I would if I smoked a one skinner tobacco with hash in, so would smoking the flowers be any good? might give it a try, obviously didn't taste that good being leafage but still...