ninorc

Hi folks! I trust you are all doing well.

I'm here to let you know about Lezley's defence fund. As you may know, Lezley & Mark Gibson, formerly of THC4MS (see the archive in this forum) were busted again in January and have chosen to fight the prosecution in court. The police offered Mark the option of pleading guilty and they would drop the charges against his wife, but she has chosen to go to trial. Considering her multiple sclerosis is exacerbated by stress, this is a courageous decision, but one that is typical of this brave woman.

This case may be hugely significant as Lezley will be arguing that she needs cannabis to be well but cannot afford a private prescription. Now that the medicinal use of cannabis has been legally recognised, it is appropriate that Lezley's case should be the one to re-establish the defence of medical necessity in British courts since the last time she was prosecuted - in the THC4MS trial, a dozen years ago - was the occasion upon which the non-viability of that defence was confirmed after an Appeal Court ruling squashed it (the 'Quayle' decision). She is seeking to raise £5000, initially, to instruct a legal team, but has been told her eventual legal costs are likely be at least £30,000.

Lezley is currently using prescription cannabis imported from Holland at a cost of about a grand per month, which she obviously cannot afford. She and Mark could be growing her own medicine at negligible cost and must be allowed to do so. Please support this cause as generously as you can.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/lezleys-medical-cannabis-fight/

• Like 12

Guest Rex Mundi

I have been helping Lezley, in the only way I can, for some years now.

I love what they are doing, I wish them all the best.

Please help with what you can. :) 

I've some highly desirable seeds in the vault, going to tap up our sponsors for some desirable items too, and then hold some auctions with all proceeds going direct to Lezley and Mark, targetted and harassed by the poLICE for two decades,  they are both top people who deserve to be left in peace, UK420 family :hug:

• Like 25

i have a very dear close relative thats been suffering with progressive MS for 4 yr now...... she`s got to the point of 16 pills per day i cant get her to go canna  route..........even off the palm of my hand.........but if her doctor said swallow this daily she would  ( pills ) ............. im fuked with it tbh good on ewe ........as im watching her die slowly....... :furious:

• Like 2

Guest Rex Mundi
8 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

i have a very dear close relative thats been suffering with progressive MS for 4 yr now...... she`s got to the point of 16 pills per day i cant get her to go canna  route..........even off the palm of my hand.........but if her doctor said swallow this daily she would  ( pills ) ............. im fuked with it tbh good on ewe ........as im watching her die slowly....... :furious:

that is really sad... but does not surprise me at all.

Many many years ago, when I first moved to this village, I offered "medication" to an MS chap in my local pub... in the form of one bottle of sativex.

Some time later I asked him how he got on with it, and he told me that his wife had thrown it in the bin... it was cannabis.....

Seriously, the general public in UK really do believe that cannabis is dangerous.... I now never go in my local pub, I was thrown out long ago.

she`s fucked rex now in a wheelchair + zimmer frame all within 4 years of a perfect healthy woman cant no longer walk....  she`s now vvvv

the pills are mashing her :yep:   ah well lifes a bitch god bless her. :yinyang:

Edited by Owderb

Guest theokoles

Very brave of Lezley and Mark to fight back, it will be a long daunting stressful journey.. i'm sure brave folk like these can handle it though.

On 13/09/2019 at 7:12 AM, theokoles said:

i'm sure brave folk like these can handle it though.

I don't think I'd handle 20 years of police harassment very well, tbh. :no:  

• Like 4

i think a LOT  of folk have had it drummed into their heads for many MANY  years that  cannabis is addictive ... causes you to  do allsorts of crap made up stuff ... and    theres people who still believe it mate ....  you wont change their minds no matter  what you try .....

my season this year  has been shit  ... TOTAL shit again  and  what little i did get  i gave to the mam in law to   help with her cancer so she can do cakes etc ....

i asked her last week how it was going  and was told .....

i havent tried it yet as   shes getting bloods done and was scared it would show up !!!!!!

my opinion ( as i told her )    is simple ..... BETTER TO BE ILLEGALLY ALIVE .... THAN LEGALLY DEAD !!!

• Like 2

Lezley's fund has passed its initial target of £5K, so she's definitely going to court, and is now stretching for the full £35, which should cover all her legal bills.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far, but her appeal has three weeks to run, so don't stop spreading the word about Lezley's fight for justice!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi folks,

I expect you heard that the case against Lezley was dismissed in the first week of January as it received a fair amount of publicity, which highlights the iniquitous situation in which medicinal cannabis is legal, but practically unobtainable.

At the committal in December, Lezley produced receipts for the Bedrocan she had imported on prescription for three months, until she could no longer afford it. As her prescribed weed had run out before the hearing, the CPS argued that Lezley clearly didn't need cannabis as she had done without it for a couple of months, so they moved ahead with the case, which came to court on Jan. 6, but was summarily dismissed, as apparently there had been a change of heart for some reason.

Obviously, this comes as a great relief for Lezley as the prosecution has been hanging over her for a year, but there is a certain disappointment from the activists' POV that she did not get her day in court. It would have been sweet if the necessity defence was re-established in a case vs. the same defendant in the THC4MS trial, a dozen years ago, in which it was struck down.

Lezley's defence in a full trial might have cost £45; as it is, her legal expenses will come to about £5k. The fundraiser is still going, for another 24 days, and has topped £10K. Once legals are paid, remaining funds will continue to fund a possible challenge to the Department of Public Prosecutions.

Edited by ninorc
  • Like 7