Phenotypes

Addict

After a short break from the indoor gardens, i'v gone and ordered some Durban Poison, Top44 and White Widow from Gypsy (nirvana beans)

Has anyone grow out nirvavas WW and can help me choose the right phenotype for a keeper?

I heard it is a bit unstable and you get many pheno's, and with my closet going to be a little full this autumn i want to spot the keeper and dump the rest without growing out each pheno and keeping reports.

Any advice with this strain will help thanks.

I don't think that's a good idea....

Anyone who's done a few grows will have learnt from bitter experience that you can't judge any mother until you've grown her out, sampled the smoke after a good cure....

I have on many occasions, dutifully taken clones of all the plants...got rid of the males...watched the mothers and seen that a couple of them look a bit crap...dumped the clones...then been really disappointed to find that the mothers have packed on weight in the last week or two, smoke beautifully, and I've got no clones as I was so hasty....

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have made this mistake, but I now keep everything till it's had a proper grow/harvest/smoke cycle...

Mono....x

Got to agree with Mono here .... you are going to be pissed off with yourself at some stage if you dump some clones early ... unfortunately I've made that mistake before too.

Absolutely-dootly, Mono! Bang on advice!

Made that mistake mesen, its a bugga! :D

As to White Widow, I found that she really doesn't like too much feed. In fact, in soil, she preferred none at all. The more I fed, the more she stretched and the spindlier and more fluffy the buds. The less I fed, the reverse, min stretch and good chunky white budz :(

I reckon you need to sample a mother at least once. Personly I sample at least 4 times, testing various harvest points and growing techniques. Slow, arduous but rewarding.

{Old Grower, sadly missed!} :cool:

Cheers for the responses guys.

I know what your saying by being gutted if i dump the best 1, but space is going to be tight.

I think if i bonzai the ladies (from seed) i might have room to keep 5-6 and grow out a clone of each to give them a test, but its going to be tight :P

I might offer clones from the mums to be grown out by members in return for a taste, or i'll hold back on the durban for a couple of months.

Any takers on clones (midlands area) if i go that route?

thx again

BTW, whats the score on the free skunk#1's? anyone got a good flowering time in soil?