Latecomer to the pot noodle party

Bad news, due to having a low prop lid and starting the original two beans in small pots for the first few days then having to repot the healthy one with two leaves has wilted away. 

Long story short on repotting there wasn’t enough starter soil in the top of the pot noodle container meaning the soil was too hot for the healthier one, the one leaf runt still seems to be alive and kicking however. 

The one I placed in soil the other day is split and will likely show it’s head today, will update after work with images. 

Kind of frustrated with with such a schoolboy error which never would have happened if I’d have just set up the tent and light using pot noodle containers, but you live and learn. 

Might aswell show an update of my just for fun Bubblicious cutting that is in flower (in the non king size pot). Images from a couple days ago:

large.1D5B35F4-F777-4D11-9B41-FD37C31E1F11.jpeg

Featuring near enough ripe chillis in a beer can^

large.B7789F17-899E-42C1-A618-23F521421937.jpeg

Close up of main cola^

ahh the hockey stick pheno ..ive had some of these and the only way ive managed to get them to do anything was to give root stimulus such as seaweed extract ..it wants to grow it just doesnt realise it yet ..you may get a swirl of leaf growth out of the stem but you may just end up with what you have now ..

king approved of course ,

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

ahh the hockey stick pheno ..ive had some of these and the only way ive managed to get them to do anything was to give root stimulus such as seaweed extract ..it wants to grow it just doesnt realise it yet ..you may get a swirl of leaf growth out of the stem but you may just end up with what you have now ..

king approved of course ,

Funnily enough had some seaweed and hesi supervit tonight in with water 

Fingers crossed 

The first time I’ve done a competition and am having no luck at all, third bean is still sat under the soil, will order a new pack tonight, start from zero and hopefully get on it properly. 

I don’t think it’s worth waiting for the old hockey stick, it’s not dead but it’s not producing new growth. 

:mellow:

On 07/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Hey GrandaddyJabba,

Don't give up on hockey stick pheno. Love the little battler. 

giphy.gif

My thought to buddy  :yep:

She's still got time to pull through but just in case she fails it looks like batch 2 has been ordered  :)

@GrandaddyJabba Nice selection of strain to go along with the OGKZ mate ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

My thought to buddy  :yep:

She's still got time to pull through but just in case she fails it looks like batch 2 has been ordered  :)

@GrandaddyJabba Nice selection of strain to go along with the OGKZ mate ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Cheers brother, my first cbd strain and will be the third HSO strain I’ve grown including that OGKZ and three Choc mint OG. 

They arrived next working day, 2 free beans stapled to the card too:

large.2F46699B-376C-42FF-8C50-B0F081AA4768.jpeg

She’s in already

large.73AE7994-AAF1-4E74-8AFA-4869D73C4A6D.jpeg

On 07/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

Hey GrandaddyJabba,

Don't give up on hockey stick pheno. Love the little battler. 

giphy.gif

Oh I haven’t gave up I’m hopeful too, but was determined to get one across the line by January 31st, couldn’t let down on my first competition haha. 

16 minutes ago, GrandaddyJabba said:

Cheers brother, my first cbd strain and will be the third HSO strain I’ve grown including that OGKZ and three Choc mint OG. 

Blue Dream CBD is a banger of a CBD strain mate ;)

Something I wrote a year or so ago if you want a read buddy  :yep:

https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/blog/blue-dream-cbd-smoke-report/

18 minutes ago, GrandaddyJabba said:

They arrived next working day, 2 free beans stapled to the card too:

Result  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

large.5AAB7757-8E46-4952-A537-97F78818DD6B.jpeg

Good old club foot still going strong :wallbash:

In better news the new OGKZ bean has split and has around a 1cm long taproot, so I reckon tommorow she’ll be above ground and ready strut her stuff. 

The replacement seed I ordered is alive and in the tent under the lights now. 

Had to give the shell a good squeeze and wiggle to remove from the seedling otherwise I’m 95% sure it wouldn’t have survived. It had been stuck for over a day, maybe it should have been sowed a little deeper. 

large.154026CF-E6EC-4A32-A458-29482F926F11.jpeg

Zoomed out a little:

large.582C947C-93F9-43D0-8C4D-2EB811FBCB6D.jpeg

This is where Replacement and hockey stick are now residing on 18 hour light with light around 20 inches above the plants:

large.A28F3099-7FBE-49FB-A332-0E7FC4D9998F.jpeg

Edited by GrandaddyJabba

hopefully more luck this time round ..hockey stick pheno looking good still though ..all to play for .

• Like 2

I'm happy the replacement is through but I'm super curious to see what the one leaf girl actually does ;)

I was expecting to see some actual growth from the centre but she just looks stuck, very interesting and will be cool to see if she ever does take off ;)

If not we have the replacement  :headbang:

Not looking to bad at all in here  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HSO-Mark said:

I'm happy the replacement is through but I'm super curious to see what the one leaf girl actually does ;)

I was expecting to see some actual growth from the centre but she just looks stuck, very interesting and will be cool to see if she ever does take off ;)

If not we have the replacement  :headbang:

Not looking to bad at all in here  :cheers:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Literally no movement from what would have been the centre/first node , but weirdly still alive. Maybe she’s just focusing on growing underground buds in mutant fashion. 

Kind of frustrating that it’s like this as my other grows have been pukka from day one, ah well, just the way the world works. 

My pot noodle Bubblicious is doing great, such a reliable strain for me:

large.DA2FB0ED-9B30-4B94-9235-74C583F4C610.jpeglarge.9B2D552D-FB81-44C4-9A52-18E930B95484.jpeg