meringue and mokums tulip, the search for the cake and gelato

smokie1 b c f c

hi everyone, well its time for me to get my next crop on the grow. as my jars are almost empty. i run a 400w hps last grow and lost allot of yield comparred to the 600w hps i normally use. 

so il be growing in my old darkroom 1.2 square rev2 tent, using a 600w hps duel spec bulb, and a 5 inch fan/ filter. and 2 lenths of 4 inch ducting as 2 passive air inlets. with a 4 inch clip on fan aimed at the hps bulb. 

the seeds im growing thanks to @DutchPassionTony are there new wedding cake cross called meringue. and mokums tulip that is a cross of gelato. 

here is the info on them

meringue

Meringue ®

Sweet, sweeter, sweetest. As cannabis enthusiasts often have a sweet tooth, the sweeter smelling and tasting strains gained huge popularity in the last decade. The cross we made between Wedding Cake and an Animal Cookies elite clone came out just the way we wanted and really hits the (sweet) spot.

This indica dominant THC rich hybrid feminized seed variety has a very large sativa-like main bloom along with a smooth smoke and a sweet aftertaste on the exhale. She has numerous side branches which grow heavily with resin crusted blooms full of compact buds. A euphoric high is accompanied by a rising, powerful sense of well being and relaxation.

The blissfully enjoyable effects last for a good 3 hours. When you consume a large amount in a short period of time you will be aware of a powerful, and deeply enjoyable, couch-lock body stone. When growing this strain indoors, consider UVB light supplementation during the last few weeks if possible and notice how the trichome production goes into overdrive.

mokums tulip 

Mokumâs Tulip®

Dutch Passion's Head of Genetics came across a very special pheno of Gelato on one of his travels. The plant had an amazing candy smell and some beautiful blue tones in the leaves. The sparkling buds were rock hard, the Head of Genetics was amazed by the rich taste which was exactly the same as the deliciously sweet and appealing aroma of the buds on the plant. He knew that this exceptional individual would be outstanding base material for another elite Dutch Passion cross.

This Gelato pheno arrived in “Mokum” (the old Hebrew/Yiddish word for Amsterdam) and was crossed with a vigorous Sherbet individual that also leans to the sweet side of the Cookie family.The Sherbet had a terpene-rich aroma, heavy yields and a particularly powerful effect.

Amsterdam became famous for tulips back in the day and the smell of this new creation reminded us of a very sweet smelling red tulip. The name “Mokum's Tulip” quickly came to mind.This XXL yielding strain is a must for your empty cookie jar

sound lovely they both do. im putting 4 of each to germ now in kitchen roll in a tub. il be growing them in small pots of soil, then into 6 to 11 liter pots, fed only seaweed extract and bio bizz grow/ bloom 

i will be fiming out the girls to get the maximum amount of tops possible before i flip them to flower. 

i give a long veg of about 8 weeks normally from seeds. so il be chucking a few auto seeds in for some early smoke.i normally do this with my photoperiod multistrain grows, so that by the time im about to flip the photo's to flower, the autos are ready to chop/ smoke. :oldtoker:

il be getting pics up as soon as there growing some green bits. lol 

lets hope for some big fat tasty buds. :yep:

wish me luck all , smokie1

• Like 7

dont know why the pics aint working in the links ?

peace :yinyang:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
  • Like 1

good to see a dutch passion grow back on here

seems this forum is a bit neglected bit strange as the genetics are bang on

good luck with this one bud 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all, ive been off the boards a while, but i have 2 meringue and 3 or 4 mokums tulips in veg now, about to pot them up to finals and then flip to 12/12 when rooted out the pots. 

i had a couple of mutated leafs on 2 of the meringues , but ive kept one and shes growing out of it now, the other merngue girl is a sativa looking pheno, real slim leafs, the mutated one has overlapping wide indica leafs, so deffo 2 diff ends of the spectrum. the mokums tulips arnt showing leaf mutations but there hungry girls 

i will get some pics took when i pot them up soon, so the diary is still on folks:yinyang:

• Like 2

I was looking at both these as my next seed adventure but with the price was hoping to see a few diarys

It's a shame @DutchPassionTony doesn't frequent these boards anymore he always seemed a good bloke in a somewhat difficult situation at times lol

Keep us updated @smokie1 b c f c

Regards

Stu

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@smokie1 b c f c keep us updated mate ive just put a tulips in flower.. also got a meringue and it's a mutant aswel I'm still going to flower her see what happens  must be genetic thing  il get some snaps at some point ..

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:47 PM, HEMPFRUIT said:

@smokie1 b c f c keep us updated mate ive just put a tulips in flower.. also got a meringue and it's a mutant aswel I'm still going to flower her see what happens  must be genetic thing  il get some snaps at some point ..

hi mate. yeah mine are about 2 weeks into 12/12, i have 3 x mokums tulips, all 3 look the same pheno, thin cookie looking leafs.

the meringue mutant i have is looking ok flower wise so far, no balls or nanna's. the 1 meringue i have thats not mutated is the thin leafed type, a little like the mokums tulips. 

i will get pics took in a couple of weeks when there's some buds. plus i have to lend a mates camera :yep: but i will get some pics uploaded soon as i get a camera. :yinyang:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

well the mutant meringue chucked out a load of full on balls at each branch. i chucked it. 

now the last meringue girl i have is looking good, no mutated leafs and is growing very tall, got a sweet smell to her at around 6 weeks 12/12. 

the 3 mokums tulips i am sampleing some tester buds of the 3 girls now, all 3 have a sativa look to them like most cookie hybrids do. but the smell and taste is just like the stardawg ive been seeing about the past few years, the stuff that the smell, reminds me of sage and onion stuffing, but the sage part tho, not onion. lol the buzz is very indica, but with a feel good vibe going on too, i suffer from depression and this mukums tulip hits the spot, the kind of weed that has you smiling at everything. things that normally bother me, dont. 

i am going to reveg the best 2 out of the mokums tulips and run them again in big pots. i will do a continue on in here with pics of my clone run. i may keep the meringue girl if she smokes good, but the yield is small, considering i topped her for 3 tops.

my clone run will be done correctly with pics in this diary. i also have a bubba island kush girl and a glueberry og to run with the mukums cuts. so should be a good show. 

ive grew the bubba island before, very slow grower just like bubba but the smoke is very morish. so looking for a cut of it if shes any good. 

if you like stardawg/ stardog you will like the mukums tulips. very much alike too the stuff ive had past few years. the meringue il report back how she smokes when done in a few weeks.:hippy:

will try and sort out some pics from another computor, as mines fooked for uploading:wallbash:

• Like 1

Nice one brummie brother. Mokum's Tulip sounds good, love it when weed has that smiley water-off-a-duck's-back effect. Looking forward to seeing a few pics. Good name imo too, a touch of class and intrigue to it... 

Love a whiff of sagey stuffing, but does none of the advertised sweetness come through?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

Nice one brummie brother. Mokum's Tulip sounds good, love it when weed has that smiley water-off-a-duck's-back effect. Looking forward to seeing a few pics. Good name imo too, a touch of class and intrigue to it... 

Love a whiff of sagey stuffing, but does none of the advertised sweetness come through?

hi bro,yeah its sweet and hashy. but with that sage funkiness just like the stardawg. 

the meringue im looking forward too, as she is the 1 advertised as the sweet smoke by dutch passion. being a wedding cake i have high hopes for her. i will try n get pics wen i chop them. thanks for looking in:smokin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well im smoking some mokums tulip buds after a few weeks cure,no nannas at all, and i have a great gelato leaning pheno, that hums of pure fruit jelly, with a fruity/ hashy flavor to die for,the buzz is very moreish, and a great warm body high from these girls. puts a smile on my face,so great for depression.i have to take diazepam daily for anxiety and this stuff makes me feel real good, just like uk blues does for me, or a good blueberry cheese from back in the early 2000's  this stuff aint gonna last long. lol 

so i have a stardawg leaning girl, and a gelato leaning girl. plus a nice sherberty girl scout cookie out of the 3 x mokums tulips. i am revegging the gelato and the sherberty cookies phenos for future mum's/ runs. for its easy to growness, and its top end product, full of flavors, i give it a 9 out of 10 for smoke/ growth/ buzz/ flavor. if only they yielded bigger buds, they would be a 10/10 then, i may cross them in the future to something bigger flowering.   :yep:

il run a diary on them once revegged in here. the remaining meringue girl is smelling very sweet, and has that cookie look to her, she is only a small girl, hope she smokes somthing like the wedding cake, from what ive seen the cake grows stacked calxs, real swollen like, and this girl is just starting to do that now shes at about week 8 of 12/12. she is the last to come down from this small, crappy grow, but il be back soon in this thread, with pics and a proper run of these tasty girls from dutch passion. :hippy:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

this meringue is smoking very nice, grows very sativa like, big long flowers of solid buds. the smell and taste really do tick the boxes/dank pungent comes to mind, the buzz is more cookie like, that's real strong. took 9 weeks to finish on 12/12 , the mokums were done in 8. i am revegging these 2 keepers, the gelato geno from the mokums is very nice. :smokin:

i will be running them again wen revegged, plus im going to germ the last seed of each i have left, i will continue the diary then with pics. :yep:

if your thinking of running these from dutch passion i cant recommend them enough for flavour/ buzz. watch out for mutants in the meringues tho, bin them if mutants. and take clones too, wish i had. lol