Better late than never. Sour diesel autos

tescoturnip

Sorry if this is to late and not allowed, pleae say and I will remove.

First off, hello to everyone on here. I'm a new member and have been following all of your grows on this thread like a hawk for the most of the summer, thinking I should really get involved considering I've just got myself some dinafem sour diesel autos. But never did and now I've got something to show for it I just really wanted to share my efforts with someone! This isn't my first time attempting attempting to grow, but the first time I've got further than killing a plant at 2weeks old and spent a bit more time giving it a proper chance.

Right so I start had 5 seeds and started 2 of them first week of June thinking I'll start the other a bit later incase if weather etc. Started in jiffy thingys just one the windowsill. Worked a treat expect one died, think I let it dry out to much. The other grew really well however and moved to a 5" pot. 

Soil mix is 60% johns innes, 20% perlite, 20% cannacoco. 

4th july: 

large.IMG-20190704-WA0005_compress17.jpg

Also got some copper tape which is wonderful stuff, since the sunflowers I had planted nearby were hit very hard by slugs and this lovely was left to do her thing.

Few days after thought I should start my other seeds off before started getting to late in the season. Also realising my older plant was really out growing her pot. 

Got myself some 5gal fabric pots and upgraded her home. Starting to massively Like the outside of the pot was worried she might struggle with the change it after 24hrs she was looking happy and growing again. Also starting feeding a little canna coco A+B just to give her a boost.

Moving down the line a week or so the 3 seeds had germinated and given my first attempt thought I've take out some risk and put them straight into final pots. Expect for one which grew two shoots ouf of the seed, so put into smaller pot so givd it a chance. Although i was worried this may cause other issues with over watering and root development by putting into big pits straight off.

16th july:

large.IMG-20190714-WA0007_compress49.jpglarge.IMG-20190714-WA0006_compress18.jpg

Didn't do much for plants for a while including take pictures as it kept raining and just been generally crap weather. So let mothernature do her thing and hoped for the best. 

Trying to feed to odd bit of canna A+B inbetween when pots were dry enough.

Moving forward...3rd August 

Little ones have started to become big ones and my other more mature plant hasn't grown much in height but hasn't disappointed on bud growth. 

Also that scrappy thing I said about earlier with two stems is still alive just letting it do it's own thing.

large.IMG-20190802-WA0000_compress77.jpglarge.IMG-20190802-WA0001_compress26.jpglarge.IMG-20190805-WA0004_compress56.jpglarge.IMG-20190802-WA0003_compress75.jpg

Decided to bring the budding plant home just with heavy showers etc. Have to choice of putting inside porch over night if heavy rain due and can keep an eye out for budrot. Which has been a big problem this year it seems!

16th August:

My two younger plants have grown to double the size of first one! Based on all the small crappy bud growth on lower plant of mature one(Which I havn't pruned anything off and let it grow how it likes). Decided to the down some of the branches on smaller of younger plants to she if can encourage better, more even growth. Only one as the other is a lot more space out plant due to stretching a little earlier on. Also some bud sites starting to progress.

large.20190815_184613_compress49.jpglarge.20190819_210308_compress41.jpglarge.20190819_210321_compress63.jpglarge.20190815_185103_compress25.jpglarge.20190821_085519_compress37.jpglarge.20190822_073643_compress92.jpg

Also at this stage took a branch or two from under canopy which were never going to amount to anything and hopefully help the rest of the plant. Pinned down one or two branches just to let a little more light into the middle aswell.

Processing onto the 25th August: 

Oldest plant started flushing 8ish days ago and is coming on nicely starting to use up her stores.

large.20190824_092255_compress24.jpg

And younger plants are having a ball looking like they'll be some lovely plants if weather stays nice through September 

large.20190825_085730_compress51.jpglarge.20190825_085745_compress27.jpglarge.20190825_085719_compress66.jpg

Bringing me I today have stopped watering my eldest as first signs of trichomes, and personally want all cloudy for more uplifting high . Will give her the chop in few days and what field we got.

That's all from me so far. Thanks to anyone who has got this far in reading this all. Cheers for looking. Really do hope this is allowed on this thread and took me bloody ages to write up! Just wanted to share my story with you all.

Any questions/suggestions or more info on anything you want please do ask. Know I've left some big gaps in diary. 

X

• Like 8

On 29/08/2019 at 2:36 PM, tescoturnip said:

First off, hello to everyone on here. I'm a new member and have been following all of your grows on this thread like a hawk for the most of the summer, thinking I should really get involved considering I've just got myself some dinafem sour diesel autos.

Hello my friend and welcome to the Dinafem sub-forum on UK420  ;)

You are more than welcome to post your grow mate and it's a grow we would love to watch finish ;)

You looked to have done a smashing job so far and look not to far away from your first Dinafem outdoor harvest  :yep:

Again welcome to the Dinafem sub-forum and please keep us updated on your outdoor endeavour  ;)

All the best :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2

Thanks @Dinafem-Mark

So I cut down first plant days ago and haven't got any form of tent etc. But have a car dehumidifier and a small cupboard in well aired room  hoping this will do the trick to dry slowly. Happy with what got off her considering wasn't any bigger than 18inches

large.20190830_212429_compress23.jpg

Other two are grow on well both 

large.20190903_173617_compress86.jpglarge.20190903_173613_compress64.jpglarge.20190903_173557_compress21.jpglarge.20190903_173607_compress15.jpglarge.20190903_173604_compress41.jpg

Only thing that making me think atm is the way these two plants are growing so differently. And they've been growing side by side since day one. Wouldn't think there both from the same packet of seeds.

Is this something that normal when growing same strain side by side? Just different seeds picking up different genetics?

• Like 6

It's called phenotypes buddy, same genetics but environmental effects during growth bring out different traits within the genetics.They can affect health, flavour and hit in a myriad of ways but these days most are pretty stable. 

A while back I grew ten seeds of the same strain and pack and if you looked at them grown you'd almost think there were 2 maybe 3 different strains,but all normal. 

***I love Sour Diesel in flavour and hit, it just fits me but Ive never done the auto one. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 4

Ah okay, cheers for the info @2Fat2EatThat :yep: hopefully they'll both turn out good growers

Only got autos as wanted something quick and tough  to put up with unreliable British summers! Saying that leaving some of the autos later to plant may aswell of had some early photos in the garden. 

Havnt smoked any thing diesel in years so do look forward to it after a good cure:bong:

• Like 3

On 03/09/2019 at 6:43 PM, 2Fat2EatThat said:

It's called phenotypes buddy, same genetics but environmental effects during growth bring out different traits within the genetics.They can affect health, flavour and hit in a myriad of ways but these days most are pretty stable. 

Thanks for the assist mate  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all been a while since been here. 

Ended up with around 25g once dried of first plant and now leaving for a long cure. 

Had some rubbish weather and some good weather over last couple of weeks but girls are still going nicely. 

Had to do a quick change of location as the field of maize they were in was cut last week by the farmer! 

Then been away since so sort of had to leave them to do there own thing just gave them loads of water Thursday and hoped didn't fry out  much after some scorching days! Followed by some heavy thunderstorms! Was worried would turn up to find them completely ruined but was pleasantly surprised. No bud rot....yet but with this weeks weather of rain not sure weather to let them have more time and risk it or take a slightly early chop. Know these sour diesel autos are mould resistant, but surely a plant can only take so much! 

Anyway heres a few pictures: 

large.20190924_110917.jpglarge.20190924_110833_compress64.jpglarge.20190924_110815_compress64.jpglarge.20190924_110730_compress11.jpglarge.20190924_110716_compress62.jpglarge.20190924_110708_compress2.jpglarge.20190924_110657_compress22.jpglarge.20190924_110652_compress37.jpg

Oh also forgot the small plant I thought might die if not already dead managed to sprout some new shoots and might even yield a tiny baby nug!

:yinyang:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Medicalpain420 said:

Always wondered about outdoor growing how do they react to light cycles. I run inside at 18/6 in veg and outside would be probably 9 hours ish in the dark. Does this make a difference?

This is my first proper grow and never tried indoors so hard me to comment really. But I'm sure someone more experienced here should be able to answer :stoned:

3 hours ago, Medicalpain420 said:

bye the way plants look great!!

Thanks, I'm really pleased with how they've done so far..fingers crossed they'll finish off okay!

• Like 3

Hi @tescoturnip lovely to see your first successful outdoor grow.  You must be delighted and very proud of your first home grown nugs. 

I'm a learner also and done very well this year outside with the dinafem autos and great to see you had success also.   It's so much fun this outdoor growing lark.   Do you think you will do the same next year?

• Like 4

On 24/09/2019 at 0:34 PM, tescoturnip said:

Hi all been a while since been here. 

Ended up with around 25g once dried of first plant and now leaving for a long cure. 

Had some rubbish weather and some good weather over last couple of weeks but girls are still going nicely. 

Had to do a quick change of location as the field of maize they were in was cut last week by the farmer! 

Then been away since so sort of had to leave them to do there own thing just gave them loads of water Thursday and hoped didn't fry out  much after some scorching days! Followed by some heavy thunderstorms! Was worried would turn up to find them completely ruined but was pleasantly surprised. No bud rot....yet but with this weeks weather of rain not sure weather to let them have more time and risk it or take a slightly early chop. Know these sour diesel autos are mould resistant, but surely a plant can only take so much! 

Anyway heres a few pictures: 

large.20190924_110917.jpglarge.20190924_110833_compress64.jpglarge.20190924_110815_compress64.jpglarge.20190924_110730_compress11.jpglarge.20190924_110716_compress62.jpglarge.20190924_110708_compress2.jpglarge.20190924_110657_compress22.jpglarge.20190924_110652_compress37.jpg

Oh also forgot the small plant I thought might die if not already dead managed to sprout some new shoots and might even yield a tiny baby nug!

:yinyang:

Congratulations on your first harvest of the season mate :yep:

The ladies still out are filling out a treat and your getting some lovely colours coming through  :headbang:

Not looking to bad at all  :cheers:

Mark..

• Like 1

On 28/09/2019 at 11:15 AM, Happyeccentric said:

Hi @tescoturnip lovely to see your first successful outdoor grow.  You must be delighted and very proud of your first home grown nugs. 

So happy and such a joy to watch them grow!

On 28/09/2019 at 11:15 AM, Happyeccentric said:

I'm a learner also and done very well this year outside with the dinafem autos and great to see you had success also.   It's so much fun this outdoor growing lark.   Do you think you will do the same next year?

I feel these will definitely have to make another appearance next year. Especially if the girls to out cope with this last bit of awful weather. Have been battered by storms and still holding strong. A little worried today mind as wind dropped out today. Will go have a wonder once stopped raining even if to just give them a shake of excess water.

Would like to have  go with the white widow xxl you had going mind. Looked a lovely plant!

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark 

Cheers

Does help having some good seeds and genetics to start with! 

Really impressed with what the sour diesel autos have been put though so far and still going strong (*crosses fingers* havnt checked in few days!)

Hopefully a nice day or two in the next week or so to give them a chance to finish up and get out the rain

• Like 2

Change of plan

Just went to look at girls and found a tiny but of mould starting on one of the buds. Didn't take picture was all a bit rushed, but pulled out the contaminated area so hopefully no more spread. Other buds all look good still but with the forecast don't think I can risk it.

No wind, thunderstorms, bit of sunshine and is very humid for the next 2 days. 

Don't think  it's worth wasting some nice looking plants which aren't very far off anyway. 

Put them under a microscope few days ago and all the triches are cloudy so hopefully won't be to bad.

Going back later to harvest the goods, just need to dig out a fan or drying atleast until excess moisture is off the plant. 

• Like 2

Right got everything home okay

Think it was the right move as found a few other small spots of mould as chopping down. 

large.IMG-20191001-WA0003_compress29.jpg

Before.... 

large.20191001_175104_compress72.jpglarge.20191001_175046_compress63.jpg

....After

Not the tiniest trim but found this one a lot harder as buds weren't quite so defined as last time. 

Again same hanging up on hangers but this time have gone and got a cheap fan to keep a bit of air flow in the room

large.20191001_184051_compress47.jpg

• Like 3

On 01/10/2019 at 9:45 PM, tescoturnip said:

Right got everything home okay

Think it was the right move as found a few other small spots of mould as chopping down. 

large.IMG-20191001-WA0003_compress29.jpg

Before.... 

large.20191001_175104_compress72.jpglarge.20191001_175046_compress63.jpg

....After

Not the tiniest trim but found this one a lot harder as buds weren't quite so defined as last time. 

Again same hanging up on hangers but this time have gone and got a cheap fan to keep a bit of air flow in the room

large.20191001_184051_compress47.jpg

Nice to see you've got the haul home safe and sound mate  ;)

Time to get those flowers dry and cured  :yep:

Looks good from here my friend  :cheers:

Mark..