Bu's acme Borg buster!

Bu

Right....Sometimes things come in a flash of inspiration and it happened to me in B & Q the other day while looking for some bin liners.

We all know that spraying stuff like Buzz off and pyrethrums is a no no when your ladies are flowering to their hearts content so I have been wiping leaves off with a damp cloth which is frankly a pain in the arse!!

So...I saw these mop heads and had the idea of sticking them on the end of a set of BBQ tongs.

Below is the method I used and I have to say that watching the little bastards pinned to a wet sponge soaked in Buzz off is sublime!!

First off buy yourself a mophead of the spongy type although in hindsight the washing up sponges are better because they are softer and put a more complete footprint on the under side of the leaves where the veins stand out.

I've put a pic of both below along with the tongs which are less than 3 quid in a set with kebab skewer and fish slice.........

post-3809-1114725888.jpg

post-3809-1114725912.jpg

post-3809-1114725958.jpg

Next cut the plastic support frame from the sponge.(Not necessary if you use washing up sponges)

And cut into four pieces for your pads and once you have the desired size (75mm x 50mm) you can go about putting the slot for you tong tips to be inserted.

Use a knife or pair of scissors but make sure you go through a tiny hole and open out into a triangle within the sponge for grip when wet.

Once you've done the second one keep cutting until the tong tips fit firmly inside the sponge and away you go to kill some Borg........

Pics below........

post-3809-1114726291.jpg

post-3809-1114726333.jpg

Last of all take your poison of choice, preferably Buzz off rather than Torq or something as evil although it is up to you of course.

Load it on to the surface of both sponges and let the bastards have it!!

You will see the borg laying dead on your sponge and I can only hope that the eggs come with them too.

It saves covering both sides of the leaves but it is important not to grip too tightly as the leaves will obviously snap.

A better pair of tongs would be the large scissor action ones that don't use the spring action as sensativety is the name of the game.

I hold the stem of the leaf and gently stroke outwards.

The pics are a bit blurred but I'm not going to climb up there again tonight.

I hope this gives some help to other poor suls with this evil menace!!

Drastic situations and all that and less than a fiver.

Cheers,

Bu :smoke::badass::guitar:

post-3809-1114726840.jpg

post-3809-1114726959.jpg

Edited by Bu

Cheers O & N,

It is time consuming but almost theraputic knowing your doing some good for the cause against the borg.

Bu :guitar:

Guest lazlo woodbine

Nice bit of inspirational improvisation... :guitar:

I can just see you demonstrating it on the home shopping channel.. :smoke:

Laz

Edited by lazlo woodbine

Nice bit of inspirational improvisation... :guitar:

I can just see you demonstrating it on the home shopping channel.. :smoke:

Laz

350478[/snapback]

:badass:lollol

Now that would be amusing Laz.

How to keep the borg off your ......Erm..........