Think fast

rory2005

Can someone from Dutch passion tell me why I have one really tall plant, One on far right at the back, which is sat on the floor and the rest are sat on buckets and are still shorter?

It also has a totally different bud structure.large.photo_2019-08-22_19-16-58.jpglarge.5d63fc1eb08c7_photo_2019-08-26_09-32-39(4).jpglarge.5d63fc1d65819_photo_2019-08-26_09-32-39(3).jpglarge.photo_2019-08-26_09-32-39.jpglarge.5d63fc1c3303a_photo_2019-08-26_09-32-39(2).jpg

Can you explain why you are taller/shorter than any of your siblings ?  Its the same thing , genetic variation ....essential for evolution. 

Nice buds btw :smokin:

• Like 2

Good point, I am 1st time at this and plenty to learn.

Only asked as was under the impression that genetics were stable in this age, so expected a uniform growth, Would have loved them to be this size and bud structure.

2 minutes ago, rory2005 said:

Good point, I am 1st time at this and plenty to learn.

Only asked as was under the impression that genetics were stable in this age, so expected a uniform growth, Would have loved them to be this size and bud structure.

They are fairly stable, and this is why people go on a pheno hunt in search of a perfect mother. 

They keep the best looking plant (or combination) in veg as a ‘‘mother plant” which they continually take cuttings from. 

This method is used because if you keep taking cuttings from the next plant eventually the genes deteriorate. 

Now that said, During veg it looked the worst plant to my untrained eyes, Skinny and lanky with not much canopy, I would have never selected it, But as you can see the buds are really nice

On 26/08/2019 at 5:18 PM, rory2005 said:

Now that said, During veg it looked the worst plant to my untrained eyes, Skinny and lanky with not much canopy, I would have never selected it, But as you can see the buds are really nice

Yeah I’ve got one like that currently, was stunted and growing slow as fuck, now it’s third biggest in there, sometimes you get a pleasant surprise large.94C66788-8777-4F1A-8FBE-5BCC17DB2BDC.jpeg

mango bubble cloud auto, wish we could have scratch and sniff phone screens already so I could share this tropical beaut 

On 26/08/2019 at 4:39 PM, rory2005 said:

large.5d63fc1eb08c7_photo_2019-08-26_09-32-39(4).jpg

These are great value btw , been using mine for over a year now for £35, it hasn’t needed calibrated yet, just give it a swill with water and keep the tip damp and it’ll stay golden for a while, so much better than ph paper :george:

On 8/29/2019 at 8:35 PM, GrandaddyJabba said:

These are great value btw , been using mine for over a year now for £35, it hasn’t needed calibrated yet, just give it a swill with water and keep the tip damp and it’ll stay golden for a while, so much better than ph paper :george:

Sadly, for me, they were not reliable. I bought 4 of the essentials ph meters and none of them ever agreed on the pH of the liquid.

I found that the cheap aquarium kits where you test a small sample of liquid with a few drops of tester and then compare the color of the liquid to a chart to be the most consistent method and a heck of a lot cheaper than the pH meters.

17 hours ago, Surfer Joe said:

Sadly, for me, they were not reliable. I bought 4 of the essentials ph meters and none of them ever agreed on the pH of the liquid.

I found that the cheap aquarium kits where you test a small sample of liquid with a few drops of tester and then compare the color of the liquid to a chart to be the most consistent method and a heck of a lot cheaper than the pH meters.

Maybe I’ve been really lucky so far, next one I’ll get an upgrade to be safe