Absurdist

23 hours ago, Lean Bear said:

Hexane? :yuck:

Mix the oil in hexane with bit of heat

Let it cool down to room temp

Then put in freezer 

That will grow isolate / crystal 

• 2 years later...

If using an airstill instead of rice cooker can you put product in without a pyrex beaker / or is it easier to clean if using one? thanks in advance:unsure:

On 07/10/2019 at 7:32 AM, Dan2 said:

Mix the oil in hexane with bit of heat

Let it cool down to room temp

Then put in freezer 

That will grow isolate / crystal 

Please stop advocating the use of hexane for production of consumables, It's a neurotoxin that damages nerves.

1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

I wouldn't trust the FDA about anything

Who do you trust instead for that information?

• Like 2

Just now, Graywolf said:

Who do you trust instead for that information?

There's a reason so many American products are banned in other countries.

14 hours ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

There's a reason so many American products are banned in other countries.

Any details, or is this a broad brush denigration?

Interestingly the European ICH standards are the same for Hexane.  Go figure?       https://database.ich.org/sites/default/files/ICH_Q3C-R8_Guideline_Step4_2021_0422_1.pdf

Who do you propose we rely on for that information and what are you basing that preference on?

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Graywolf said:

Any details, or is this a broad brush denigration?

No because

1) I can't be arsed

&

2) It's a well known fact

good read from @Graywolf but, and i am sure graywolf would agree, excellent as graywolf's info is, its just a summary.

you wouldnt go to a distilling site to learn to grow cannabis.

As a 'stiller myslef with a diy reflux stiil which kicks out well over 90% on first pass, its a long involved hobby all on itself.  with a mass of safety issues, not the least of which is that if you 'still 40% alch you are basially boiling petrol.

By all means star with graywolf's stuff, but if you are going to still yourself, spend a lot of time on a stilling forum; https://homedistiller.org/forum/   for example. you will find me there and a few simialr sites, but not under this monica.

Newc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

No because

1) I can't be arsed

&

2) It's a well known fact

Soooo, your word for it?  Any credentials or factual data to share, or just one liners?

• Like 1

Just now, Graywolf said:

Soooo, your word for it?  Any credentials or factual data to share, or just one liners?

I would never expect you to just take my word for it fella.

You can start with potassium bromate,then look at the shit they pump their animals full of and then possibly move on to the weed killers that are known to harm bit are still used in abundance.

There's loads more if you care to look.

56 minutes ago, Newcouch said:

good read from @Graywolf but, and i am sure graywolf would agree, excellent as graywolf's info is, its just a summary.

you wouldnt go to a distilling site to learn to grow cannabis.

As a 'stiller myslef with a diy reflux stiil which kicks out well over 90% on first pass, its a long involved hobby all on itself.  with a mass of safety issues, not the least of which is that if you 'still 40% alch you are basially boiling petrol.

By all means star with graywolf's stuff, but if you are going to still yourself, spend a lot of time on a stilling forum; https://homedistiller.org/forum/   for example. you will find me there and a few simialr sites, but not under this monica.

Newc

My research is more focused on how medical marijuana patients unable to obtain concentrated ethanol for extraction may easily do so themselves.  For those of ya'll distilling for drinking liquor, I would agree that the home distillery industry has developed a well detailed science on how to achieve the best flavors with mashes vis a vis sugar washes. 

That said, the samples of the 130 proof first runs that I shared with local brothers and sisters was well received and developed a strong following, with requests for more, which I haven't filled for both legal and personal reasons.  

• Like 1