Zkittzo good choice for beginners??

Top Shotta

Been spending hours searching for what seeds I want to chose, all I have gotten so far is I know I want to go with feminised and around 4 seeds
I was thinking about dutch passion autos but I think I would rather go with photoperiods to begin with incase any accidents or mistakes I can veg for longer to recover from the mistakes I make where as what I have read autos can be more unforgiving.

I think I have decided to go for 4 seeds of the same strain instead of 4 different strains so I have a similar timescale on them all and Im bound to get some different phenos anyway

Have wanted to try "Zkittlez" for years hearing great things about it

My favorite types of weed are fruity tasting, pungent smelling,  hard hitting indica doms
Even tho Zkittlez isnt as much as a hard hitting strain from what I have read it does sound delicious and I wouldnt mind having a few jars full :D 

Is RGS Zkittzo a good choice for beginners or can they be a bit tricky, should I maybe think of a different strain? Any suggestions on strains or anything would be appreciated :) 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Top Shotta said:

go with photoperiods to begin with incase any accidents or mistakes I can veg for longer to recover from the mistakes

Good choice

I think I have decided to go for 4 seeds of the same strain

Sound thinking again

Is RGS Zkittzo a good choice for beginners or can they be a bit tricky, should I maybe think of a different strain? Any suggestions on strains or anything would be appreciated :) 

Not sure what the strain is like to grow but again you've chosen a Breeder with excellent rep so you can't go far wrong. Get a diary running in their sub forum and you'll be in the best place for advice!

• Like 2

Zkittzo is a good choice , they do stretch a fare bit and might be hard to handle if your not experienced with that , maybe Try out our Lemon Drizzle which is Old Skool super lemon haze x WiFi Og or purke#1 is a hard hitting Indica so is Real Gorill4 (GG4) they need a good veg though as the don’t stretch much .. :yep: 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, panik said:

Zkittzo is a good choice , they do stretch a fare bit and might be hard to handle if your not experienced with that , maybe Try out our Lemon Drizzle which is Old Skool super lemon haze x WiFi Og or purke#1 is a hard hitting Indica so is Real Gorill4 (GG4) they need a good veg though as the don’t stretch much .. :yep: 

I was looking at the RealGorill4s (Dosidos looked lovely also) but it seemed there was non left in stock only have around £40 to spare
the purkle took my interest also what are the flavours like ?

I was planning on topping maybe 2x and LST (First grow but I feel like I am in the best place for advice so should be ok with learning training techniques) 

Edited by Top Shotta
  • Like 1

If you can afford 4 fabric pots - 8 litres are a good size, they prevent overwatering problems.

Again if you have a bit of cash spare something to test the pH of anything you water them with.

Litmus paper is cheap and easy.

A testing kit with vial and dropper is only a few £. I used this for years.

A digital pH meter is pricier but may be worth it.

If you know your plants aren't over/under watered and you know the pH.

You have a good chance of diagnosing any problems.

If you don't know the pH ... there are often multiple diagnoses possible which makes fixing problems guesswork (not good).

Also Blue Dream by HSO  is a great strain ... tough as hell and high yielding, always has a nice sweet smell. Just gets better as you cure it.

I have some 3 months cured that is knockout ... it was more of a fun daytime hit when first harvested ... it demands respect now .. I have to plan ahead before tooting some ... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

If you can afford 4 fabric pots - 8 litres are a good size, they prevent overwatering problems.

Again if you have a bit of cash spare something to test the pH of anything you water them with.

Litmus paper is cheap and easy.

A testing kit with vial and dropper is only a few £. I used this for years.

A digital pH meter is pricier but may be worth it.

If you know your plants aren't over/under watered and you know the pH.

You have a good chance of diagnosing any problems.

If you don't know the pH ... there are often multiple diagnoses possible which makes fixing problems guesswork (not good).

Also Blue Dream by HSO  is a great strain ... tough as hell and high yielding, always has a nice sweet smell. Just gets better as you cure it.

I have some 3 months cured that is knockout ... it was more of a fun daytime hit when first harvested ... it demands respect now .. I have to plan ahead before tooting some ... 

Thanks! Yes I could get some of those 8L pots that sounds like a plan!
I have been told by growers in my area that the pH from the water out tap is perfect here.
I have been reading about wet/dry cycles
That blue dream sounds incredible haha I wish I had something like that ! 

Edited by Top Shotta

1 minute ago, Top Shotta said:

Thanks! Yes I could get some of those 8L pots that sounds like a plan!
I have been told by growers in my area that the pH from the water out tap is perfect here.
I have been reading about wet/dry cycles

You really need to know what your pH exactly. It really makes a huge difference in correctly fixing problems.

Also you need to be concerned about Chlorine additives in tap water.

Not sure about wet/dry cycles. I have to be careful about too much water during the winter and in the summer I'm trying to prevent them ever drying out and stopping any wilting from happening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bill cooper said:

No need to ph in soil!

Yes there is unless he's 100% confident his soil is well mixed and the bioherd is settled in a wellmade supersoil.

As a beginner he's probably using stuff out of bags.

So please pH your water.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bill cooper said:

No need to ph in soil!

Thanks Bill, This is what Iv been told by many diff experienced growers so I never thought it would be something to worry about 

• Like 1

Just now, Geoff said:

Yes there is unless he's 100% confident his soil is well mixed and the bioherd is settled in a wellmade supersoil.

So please pH your water.

Do you have a soil to recommend ? I have BioBizz Allmix but I have started seedling in CoCo (bagseed randoms that I dont expect to finish)

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

So please pH your water.

Yes stuff out of bags that self buffers the ph!  as I said no need to ph or to worry about chlorine either :no:

Edited by bill cooper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Top Shotta said:

Do you have a soil to recommend ? I have BioBizz Allmix but I have started seedling in CoCo (bagseed randoms that I dont expect to finish)

I used a white peat as a base .. Canna professional pro  i think, mixed in a sack of worm castings, teas with bat shit and I make teas from plants ... borage and nettles mainly. Then some rhizome root stuff too.

I reuse the soil.  I don't take it out of the fabric pot ... just cut a 1litre square shape around the previous stem and drop in the new seedling.

But it took about 3 cycles for everything to settle down. Now the plants are beautiful and no I don't have to test my pH, but I'm glad I did the first time I used the new soil.

Zkittlez isn't that weak. Its not a face melter but almost no one whinges about the potency haha. 

Bad structure though and it seems if you fuck up a bit all the terps just vanish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sargares said:

Zkittlez isn't that weak. Its not a face melter but almost no one whinges about the potency haha. 

Bad structure though and it seems if you fuck up a bit all the terps just vanish. 

Hmm really looking for something that has the flavour you want to keep smoking but something that melts you so you cant smoke any more :D