OGKZ Curry King Pot Noodle Challenge

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2019 at 10:09 PM, yacobo said:

The first signs of life, sprouted today making 28/7 day 1.

large.20190728_212001_compress33.jpg

I also started converting a PC case into a grow box which will hopefully be the new home for it:

large.20190728_211943_compress39.jpg

Thanks for getting your HSO PNC up and running my friend  ;)

Of to a flying start and welcome to this epic bit of community fun  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Still going strong! I'm actually surprised how healthy it's looking as I haven't been giving it much TLC. It's been in and out of the main tent, in the window mostly, and recently it's been in the pc grow box now I've fixed the lights in position.

I've not been watering to a schedule either, just watering when I noticed the coco was too dry.  Sometimes with nutrients and sometimes with plain water, whatever I had to hand. I'm super impressed, it's nearly time to come out of the grow box and into my main tent. I've not done any LSTing or topping, I think I might just let it grow naturally and see what happens.

large.20190930_190400_compress53.jpg

large.20190930_190424_compress17.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yacobo said:

Still going strong! I'm actually surprised how healthy it's looking as I haven't been giving it much TLC. It's been in and out of the main tent, in the window mostly, and recently it's been in the pc grow box now I've fixed the lights in position.

I've not been watering to a schedule either, just watering when I noticed the coco was too dry.  Sometimes with nutrients and sometimes with plain water, whatever I had to hand. I'm super impressed, it's nearly time to come out of the grow box and into my main tent. I've not done any LSTing or topping, I think I might just let it grow naturally and see what happens.

large.20190930_190400_compress53.jpg

large.20190930_190424_compress17.jpg

I think she will defo need tying at some point, otherwise she’s gunna get up close and personal with the lights :smokin:

On 30/09/2019 at 7:34 PM, GrandaddyJabba said:

I think she will defo need tying at some point, otherwise she’s gunna get up close and personal with the lights :smokin:

I agree my friend  ;)

A bit of training would be very beneficial in my opinion  :yep:

@yacobo What sort of head room/height are you playing with mate?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Flipped to 12 / 12 last Friday (08/11/2019), hopefully I wont run out of time!

I took a couple of photos when I flipped it:

large.20191108_201219_compress57.jpglarge.20191108_201230_compress26.jpg

I haven't done much training, just put a bit of wire in the centre to push out some of the small branches that have formed. I cut off some of the damaged leaves from when I let the plant dry out a little too much, oops! But as you can see above she's come back fighting!

Here's a photo of the plant when it dried out a bit too much for comfort! (30/10/2019):

large.received_457312828239434.jpeg

@HSO-Mark I've moved the plant into the corner of my main tent now so height shouldn't be an issue as I can raise the light.  The tent I have is 140cm tall, so quite a bit of height to play with :)

Edited by yacobo
  • Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 0:46 AM, yacobo said:

large.20191108_201219_compress57.jpg

This competition has seen the hockey stick pheno, the canoe boat pheno and now the feather duster pheno. Outstanding shape. I am sure there are other phenos out there to be reported. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

This competition has seen the hockey stick pheno, the canoe boat pheno and now the feather duster pheno. Outstanding shape. I am sure there are other phenos out there to be reported. 

Yeah this competition has been a blast so far, really enjoyed my first ever pot noodle challenge! Really happy with the shape so far, here's a couple of photos from yesterday. (14/11/19):

large.20191114_112316_compress68.jpglarge.20191114_112333_compress57.jpg

I'll try and get some in normal lighting as I know some people are not a fan of the hellish lighting haha!

• Like 2

Hi guys, got the plant out today to take some pics but a terrible sight greeted me!

Are these balls? :(

large.20191117_113052_compress87.jpglarge.20191117_113101_compress46.jpglarge.20191117_113123_compress51.jpglarge.20191117_113147_compress91.jpg

If so, really no point in continuing :( The plant is giving off a nice strong zkittlez scent but I've looked all over and can't see any hairs or pisitls at all... super gutted 

Edited by yacobo
  • Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 0:46 AM, yacobo said:

hopefully I wont run out of time!

You've got until January 31st 2020 mate so plenty of time to get this one over the finish line  ;)

But I see yours has gone totally hermi, sorry mate :(

Actually looks like a full blown male with no female flowers at all :(

Very, very strange. 

Sorry again mate  :(

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a chat with Herbies as I got the seed through their site. They said that they believe it was male genetics from seed, but they said that there is always a 3-5% chance of this occurring with any fem seeds and therefore they can't offer any compensation.

However, due to a mix up with one of the other seeds I ordered they decided to validate my claim anyway and said on my next order they will send out a replacement OGKZ seed and 2 bonus seeds for the inconvenience. 

Really surprised they would offer to replace it, great service from them! Highly recommended!

At least I can still grow the strain in future :), even if I'm not competing in this challenge.  :( 

Ahh well, you win some, you lose some. Good luck to everyone else still competing! :hippy:

• Like 1

On 29/11/2019 at 3:12 PM, yacobo said:

Really surprised they would offer to replace it, great service from them! Highly recommended!

That's great news and great customer service  ;)

This will give you a 2nd chance to run our OGKZ  :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1