light leaks

bruvnic

pervious years ive grown autos on my patio so it hasn't been a problem so didn't really think about it til recently,   the issue is i have various sources of light coming from multiple directions that i can't turn off or  block off..

my question is would this stop photoperiod strains from flowering all together or will it just mean i should expect my plants to herm and/or be a bit slow to flower?

thanks

I think this is dependant on strength/size of light how close & what type  etc...think it will have to be strong and close to prevent flowering ...but iv never had actual experience with this problem so cant really be sure :yinyang: 

• Like 1

the sources of light are from neighbours windows,  my neighbours massive fucking drinks fridge with a Florissant light they have in their shed with no door on the shed and also some fairly distant street lights..

starting to think im pretty fuck tbh.

its still reasonably dark and the light leaks are basically constant so not like coming on super bright and shocking them,   gonna crack on and see what happens anyway.  if they don't flower ill make some hemp rope or something :/ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruvnic said:

the sources of light are from neighbours windows,  my neighbours massive fucking drinks fridge with a Florissant light they have in their shed with no door on the shed and also some fairly distant street lights..

starting to think im pretty fuck tbh.

its still reasonably dark and the light leaks are basically constant so not like coming on super bright and shocking them,   gonna crack on and see what happens anyway.  if they don't flower ill make some hemp rope or something :/ 

Reckon you'll be ok but if plants do refuse to flower then you could always do some light dep. Better than smoking rope. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Reckon you'll be ok but if plants do refuse to flower then you could always do some light dep. Better than smoking rope. 

I was half planning on doing some light dep but the plants have honestly doubled in size in the past week,  gone from thinking I could cover 3 plants with 1 or 2 largish cardboard boxes taped together plonked over them to knowing I’d have to bring them inside and out again every day for the next few months and that’s not happening.  

Oh oh well it’s all good fun anyway 

6 minutes ago, bruvnic said:

I was half planning on doing some light dep but the plants have honestly doubled in size in the past week,  gone from thinking I could cover 3 plants with 1 or 2 largish cardboard boxes taped together plonked over them to knowing I’d have to bring them inside and out again every day for the next few months and that’s not happening.  

Oh oh well it’s all good fun anyway 

Yeah sounds a ball ache. Reckon you'll be ok as long as its just like moon light levels.  I'd be considering taking out the neighbours lights with an air rifle, perhaps buying them a shed door or even start keeping them up at night with weird bird noises, then casually mention you have a rare bird aviary and they are disturbed by artificial light during the evenings, they will soon get curtains and doors?  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 1

I can't remember where I saw this but these guys had basically put an open-ended tent on wheels.  One of those 'Shelterlogic' green fabric shed things.  It was open at both ends for air-flow but the base was on little coasters.  When it was time for night they simply rolled it into place.  Obviously it would still be open at both ends but if it was carefully positioned then it might do the trick.

Edited by JJJ
  • Like 1

Outside the light is far much brighter than any bulbs so it doesn't have to be pitch black for the plant to respond/flower. It rarely gets pitch black outside anyway

Owd 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JJJ said:

I can't remember where I saw this but these guys had basically put an open-ended tent on wheels.  One of those 'Shelterlogic' green fabric shed things.  It was open at both ends for air-flow but the base was on little coasters.  When it was time for night they simply rolled it into place.  Obviously it would still be open at both ends but if it was carefully positioned then it might do the trick.

Was thinking about something like this too or even just having the pots on coasters and wheeling them in and out of a temporary shed or something..

I’m probably gonna see how it goes without light dep this year and if needed next year build a little shed type thing In the shady part of my patio no one uses I can wheel the plants in and out off with ease

• Like 1