10x6 2400w grow room build in shed

Budmaster66

Hi guys I have just started my grow room build today it's 10ftx6ft made from 

100mm loft insulation for walls 

50mm kingspan for roof

11mm osb boards for sheeting 

4x2 cls for stud wall 

only got walls, roof and stud wall partly done today as I run out of screws lol so will continue tomorrow and hopefully get door and stud wall finished then I'll move onto marking out the holes for hot and cold air feeds large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

• Like 18

Abit more progress today before I went to work just ordered the black and white plastic sheeting so I will get that up as soon as it comes and I have the time

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, HVACman said:

Keen to follow this, looking good so far.

Thanks I no joiner by any stretch of the imagination but I'm quite handy and have a few tools lol 

I was originally going to use a tent but decided on a room instead, I find it's hard to mount/ find space for oscillating fans in tents but this way I can wall mount them and or have them free standing, my space is 10x6 but my scrog screen is only 10x3 so I have 3ft of room for fans   Radiators, humidifiers and so on 

I will hopefully have it finished and up and running by Wednesday/ Thursday all been well depending on work 

• Like 1

room was a good choice mate, i use my shed and used a tent but as soon as the winter hit it was too hard to keep warm. make sure you dont have your intake fan blowing direct on the ladies as in winter it will be freezing and could cause damage, i just put a carbon filter on mine and it seems to be doing the trick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ant-mol said:

room was a good choice mate, i use my shed and used a tent but as soon as the winter hit it was too hard to keep warm. make sure you dont have your intake fan blowing direct on the ladies as in winter it will be freezing and could cause damage, i just put a carbon filter on mine and it seems to be doing the trick.

thanks for the advice and info I'm toying with the idea of building a raised platform with 25mm holes drilled into it and feeding the cold air under it for the pots to stand on ? 

Thanks again for taking the time to read and comment on my post 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Budmaster66 said:

thanks for the advice and info I'm toying with the idea of building a raised platform with 25mm holes drilled into it and feeding the cold air under it for the pots to stand on ? 

Thanks again for taking the time to read and comment on my post 

It wouldn’t be a bad idea, if you had a strong outlet you probably wouldn’t need an inlet. I would make sure you get some sort of insulation for the pots to sit on and cover the holes with some bug mesh of some sort.. I ended up with spider mites not so long back and bugs are a pain in the ass you definitely want to take all precautions to dodge the bugs

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Ant-mol said:

It wouldn’t be a bad idea, if you had a strong outlet you probably wouldn’t need an inlet. I would make sure you get some sort of insulation for the pots to sit on and cover the holes with some bug mesh of some sort.. I ended up with spider mites not so long back and bugs are a pain in the ass you definitely want to take all precautions to dodge the bugs

Im planning on bringing my cold air feed in from the back of the shed which is the back wall of the grow room about 2 feet from the top, so hopefully bugs won't be a problem I will use a bug barrier mesh cover on the out side just as a precaution 

• Like 3

That's a nice space and well built.  Oooh, what I'd give for a space like that.  I'll keep an eye on this...:yep:

• Like 1

Just a quick update guys I haven't been able to do anything in the grow room since last weekend I have been away with work all week, I will crack on again tomorrow and hopefully get most of it done. the black and white still hasn't arrived fingers crossed it will come tomorrow 

• Like 1

Abit more done today in the groom until lack of supplies stopped play lol 

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

The black and white came this morning just in time for me finishing me breakfast so I could crack on and get some more done. Have covered 90% of the room just the odd little fiddly bits still to do. I purchased a cheap electric stapler form Argos and it was a god send saved so much time. 

Ive got the 6" phresh hyper stealth fan suspended from a 3x2 cls frame hanging from 2 bits of small chain so it's off the ground and not touching the wall fitted with phonic trap acoustic ducting, bringing in my cold air feed and its whisper quiet the difference from this and standard combi ducting is like night and day I couldn't recommend it enough

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

I attempted to clamp my 10" phresh hyper fan to the carboair filter with a duct clamp but It just wouldn't tighten it up it just pulled the bolts through the bracket. it was a cheap version of a Metu clamp which is what I should have bought and will be ordering tonight.

large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

I have hung 2 of the 4 lights up but ran out of the little black steel brackets that I am using to hang the lights I will buy some more tomorrow I did buy 8 I think but carnt for the life of me find them lol 

gas enviro controller fixed to the wall temporarily until I sort out the electrical wall and we're thing are going to be placed. I will hopefully get some more done tomorrow and cut the outer layer of wood (outside shed) so I can feed my 10" exhaust ducting and and pipe it upto my fan and filter.

I don't think the new Metu clamp will come tomorrow (wife just ordered it as I'm writing this) so will probably be Monday or Tuesday when I get them hung. 

The next update will probably the last instalment of this grow room diary all been well

Im planing on a 3 plant (dinafem blue widow seeds) scrog I have already got them under my t5 in a prop tent, diary in 2019-2020 dinafem grow diary section, I will make my scrog screen 10 feet long and 3 feet wide and will probably be made from 3x2 cls and 50mm green plastic mesh/netting which will be hinged off the back wall and suspended on 2 chains 1 at either end so I can fold it up and out the way when it comes to harvest and clearing out and so on 

I will hopefully get this project finished this week subject to work and supplies been delivered lol

untill next time peace out 

• Like 12

Coming along lovely, how satisfying being able to construct it from scratch. Given the space I'd love a project like this. Tent was only option for me as is for many others, just the extra room so not permanently bashing into things / shifting the plants round in the tent. I'm only glad I chose the tent size I did (1 x 1 x 2 meters) not smaller. If/when I ever retire/move somewhere else this will be a consideration. 

Doing a fantastic job, look forward to your grow diaries. You'll get a fair few plants in that space :) 

• Like 2

Makes me want to go back to the drawing board with my grow room bro, really nice work. 

Take all precautions needed to keep bugs out and light leaks, I thought I had everything covered but I've had a couple of bugs on this grow some how . 

Maybe build a box for the rad like I did? Just a pallet with OSB board built box then put some sort of 10mm foam around the lid where it makes contact with the box and keep a little weight on it (I keep my nutes in a box on there to stop them getting cold). I used a dimplex 1.5kw with timer .. I use the 1kw setting and set the timer for lights off hours .. warm air constantly pumping in on lights off .

Couple automatic fire extinguishers as they arnt very expensive,  28£ each for the ones I used, I also bought a mabo for the groom but that was £130.

Maybe read into electric heated blanket for your scrog. 

All the best bro 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leafneck said:

Makes me want to go back to the drawing board with my grow room bro, really nice work. 

Take all precautions needed to keep bugs out and light leaks, I thought I had everything covered but I've had a couple of bugs on this grow some how . 

Maybe build a box for the rad like I did? Just a pallet with OSB board built box then put some sort of 10mm foam around the lid where it makes contact with the box and keep a little weight on it (I keep my nutes in a box on there to stop them getting cold). I used a dimplex 1.5kw with timer .. I use the 1kw setting and set the timer for lights off hours .. warm air constantly pumping in on lights off .

Couple automatic fire extinguishers as they arnt very expensive,  28£ each for the ones I used, I also bought a mabo for the groom but that was £130.

Maybe read into electric heated blanket for your scrog. 

All the best bro 

Thanks I'm happy with it so far not bad to say I'm a chef and not a chippy lol

regarding the bugs I have purchased a plastic vent cover for the intake which will be fitted on the outside of the shed that as a built in bug mesh grill type thing, I will also use a bug barrier on the other end of the 6" intake plus some sticky bug sheet things to keep a close eye out for bugs 

i already have a 8 fin 2000w oil filled rad that I will stand in the room and plug into the enviro controller and as far as I know it will slow the EC fans down until the set temp is reached and maintains a constant temp while the lights are off ? This is what I believe it dose anyway lol hope so for £300

i was looking at automatic fire extinguishers last night believe it or not in my smashed out me head over thinking state lol but it's a good idea for a small cost better to be safe then sorry I say 

how would I use a electric blanket with my scrog I'm confused ? 

Same to you take it easy 

Edited by Budmaster66
  • Like 1

Time for a job change maybe ? ;)

Sounds like you have sorted keeping the bugs out , better to prevent it rather than having an invasion ! 

Good shout with the 2kw oil rad but that will certainly show on the electric bill .. think my first grow cost £800 extra in leccy lol I still blame the 1kw rad in the box and the 1kw rad in the grow room while it was cold.

I had trouble sleeping sometimes knowing I had no fire protection in my room so I put a extingisher above rad box build, one above the contractor & ballasts and the mabo in the room itself and I shall buy another mabo next month for the room . Also look into the silent /wifi fire alarms which blow your phone up if set off rather than waking your street up.. gives you time to act with a near by extingisher buddy.

The electric blanket was just an idea to keep electric Bill down rather than using a oil rad maybe or at least put rad on low setting. Keeps the root temperate up so alot of shed builds use them. 

Just a couple ideas maybe, I dropped a couple questions on your veg cab with you blue widows.  

What light and tent are you using for those? Also what about a rad/tube heaters .. are they needed in such a small tent or does the light keep it warm?

• Like 4