Noob go easy

GG88

New to the world of growing indoors, have finally talked the Mrs round to letting me grow again. 

I know won’t be the best kit on the market or the best products but after some advice really, would this kit be any good to grow couple plants indoors looking at the 80x80x1.8 set up around £200

https://www.kitbagshop.co.uk/product/l-e-d-kit/

or if anyone can give some better advice of a complete set up for around £200 would be very grateful 

I think your better off buying bits separately mate 

600watt dimmable hps £75 

5" fan/filter £75 maybe

Tent £45-100

Pots nutrients compost etc not sure but not expensive.

That setup will work no doubt but I reckon for the same price buying separately you can build better room up.

Don't forget things like thermometer hygrometer etc too and fans for airflow in the tent.

hi jay, if your near a grow shop , go & visit u might get a discount , saves on delivery cost, good luck ,,geogeo.

New grower here, bought all my stuff 2nd hand off ebay / gumtree/ sphock.

Iirc I have spent less than £100 for everything I need

• Like 1

Took the advice and didn’t go for the “led kit” route 

gone for 

Bud box tent 80x80x160

Lumii reflector x2

Lummi 200W CFL bulbs 

5” Rhino extractor fan and carbon filter 

my plants have been growing in my outside green house nearly 2 foot tall growing in fabric pots, but want to try indoors as far easier with the light cycles and new house has a noisy neighbour 

Been reading up about intakes fans or using a oscillating clip fan would this be something I would require or would nature airflow in be ok ? 

Your tent will have vents when you turn your extraction on and it sucks air out fresh air is sucked in through them so you don't really need an intake. I would get an oscillating fan though just to help move the air around inside the tent.

• Like 1

I'm currently finishing up a grow and have been using a 5" Rhino fan and filter with no issues at all.  With the CFL you'll need to level the canopy but to be honest, you'll need to train your plants in that vertical space anyway.  Good luck mate...:yep:

@Jay1601  thats not a bad starter kind of kit to get started but tbh, I would only use the CFL for vegging & if you can get the funds together (£100) invest in a 250w HPS ballast,

its worth it as you'll get at least 2 times the amount of grass if flowered with a HPS compared to a CFL, honestly  :yep:   its all down to the amount of Umols that the lamp outputs,

HPS is a good bit higher in comparison to CFl, not to mention the running costs as the HPS is only running 20% more than the CFL but it is more efficient.

just noticed your nosy neighbour part, I would also spend a further £30 & get your self a fan controller, a basic transformer based type like the Xeplair WAC1 as its perfect for a 4" or a 5" fan,

theyre ideal for keeping the noise of a fan unnoticed as a fan running at full power is a hell of a lot more noisier, an added benefit of using a controller is that it helps you to stabilize the

temps inside your tent, ie if its too hot you turn the fan up, if its too cold simply turn the controller down.

• Like 1