65W LED - Red Mandarin F1 - Two Plant Grow

Prophet

Me again :) 

So after seeing what the @diyleduk 65w veg panel would do for a full grow, start to finish, i realised there was space in the box for two plants :) I know the light spread on a small panel such as this won't really cover the area properly, but I'm going to give it a go anyway.

For those that didn't see my comp grow it finished up looking like this:

large.20190604_193244.jpglarge.20190604_193226.jpglarge.20190614_173750.jpg

So i was pretty pleased :)

I picked up some Red Mandarin F1 seeds after winning a few points during the comp so decided to stick two seeds down. Within 48 hours they had both sprouted:

large.20190716_184501.jpg

You may have noticed one seedling has a second smaller head! I've not seen this before:

large.20190716_184517.jpg

So a great start for germination but I'm a little concerned about the one above. Should i leave it? Snip the second head? Start again with a new seed?

Apart from the oddity above they look perfectly healthy. Lets see if we can do two plants under such a small wattage :) 

• Like 14

Should i leave it? Snip the second head? Start again with a new seed?

Nope mate don't touch it grow it out :yes: imho 

• Like 4

i shall be keeping an eye on this as i slipped one in soil the other day ..best of luck with em prophet .

• Like 4

Nice to see you up and running another grow with the little panel. You done really well with the other grow. I'm going to tag along as I have picked this strain among others from the competition pay outs. Will be growing mine under a couple of my old qb boards along with the other plants in veg.

Take it easy. Toke...

• Like 4

ooh! What a rich aspect those buds have. :wub:

Very good choice, the Red Mandarine F1 is one of my favorites strains. :B):

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and having sharing your experience. :yep:

Sweet smokes!

-Apolo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

*** WEEK 1 - VEG ***

So after a week things are looking just fine :) 

I decided to snip the secondary growth off the mutant plant as i didn't want the plant 'diverting power' to another growth, i'm only doing two plants so i want them growing at the same rate . . . But yea, nothing interesting to report at the moment other than both plants are looking well :) 

large.20190724_174144.jpg

PLANT 1

large.20190724_174151.jpg

PLANT 2

large.20190724_174159.jpg

large.20190724_174233.jpg

• Like 7

Hey dude @Prophet cool to see another red mandarin grow diary, I will be watching this one along with vince’s an looking out for toke’s aswell when he start his.

Will be cool to grow for colour’s alone, but I also interested in real life flowering time’s an the all important smoke report...:smoke:

Good luck m8...:oldtoker:

• Like 2

*** WEEK 2 - VEG ***

All coming along nicely. Nothing much to report at this point really :) 

They've both just been topped at the fourth node and I'm now off on hols for two weeks so they'll be put into a large dish of water and left near a window. They'll have stretched out when i get back but I'm sure they'll adjust back again :) 

large.20190731_170602.jpg

large.20190731_170626.jpg

large.20190731_170642.jpg

large.20190731_170707.jpg

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

*** WEEK 4 - VEG ***

Back again :) So if you read my last post you'll realise I've been away for two week on hols. This presented me with a bit of a problem. I didn't want to leave everything on, just in case. So they were potted up, then left on the floor of the loft next to the velux. They were also stood in 2l pots full of water. I knew they'd get swamped but it felt better than leaving them to dry-out. They'll recover from being too wet rather than too dry, better. The result of which is that they became rather leggy! Always having micro-grows i like my nodes to be tight and my plants bushy. However this stretch was inevitable during my absence . . . 

They're now back under the lights and we've switched to 12/12. As you can see I've also made two bamboo/wire towers around each plant so i can pull those long growths back down.

It looks a bit of a mess in there at the moment but they'll soon look something more like it :) 

large.20190822_174436(0).jpg

large.20190822_174428.jpg

• Like 5