Blue cheese how long in 12/12

Asterion

Hi iv got some of this on the go I'm at day 52 ish maybe 53 I'm curious as to how long other growers have run this strain for? I'm well aware breeders info isn't to be followed religiously or anything and I think my plants have another week or so to go as of yet. Iv started cutting down on the nutrients but starting to think maybe it's a little early to drop back on the feeds so much. I'm in dwc so don't really need to worry about time for flush they will probably get 2 days plain water but not sure if needed tbh.

Iv dropped ppm from about 600 down to 300 do you think I should carry on backing off or bump back up for a few more days?

Trichs are majority clear just turning milky more so on 1 plant then the other 

• Like 1

My cut of Blue Cheese I'd leave 9 weeks for a relaxing smoke and ten for a highlight reel knockout :yep: 

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, michaeldbc said:

Hi iv got some of this on the go I'm at day 52 ish maybe 53 I'm curious as to how long other growers have run this strain for? I'm well aware breeders info isn't to be followed religiously or anything and I think my plants have another week or so to go as of yet. Iv started cutting down on the nutrients but starting to think maybe it's a little early to drop back on the feeds so much. I'm in dwc so don't really need to worry about time for flush they will probably get 2 days plain water but not sure if needed tbh.

Iv dropped ppm from about 600 down to 300 do you think I should carry on backing off or bump back up for a few more days?

Trichs are majority clear just turning milky more so on 1 plant then the other 

On average and in general mate our Blue Cheese is cooked any where from day 60-70 ;)

I have seen growers take her past 70 day's but that's quite rare  :yep:

Keep a close eye on those trichomes and they will let you know when the optimal harvest window is ;)

Are you waiting for a % of trichomes to turn Amber? If so what % my friend? 

All the best  :bong:

Mark...

• Like 2

Dinafem they looking really nice but I was planning to start plain water from day 56 so started backing down and looking at them now I think too soon lol iv got a pic but had to shrink it bad so quality is low large.Screenshot_20190715-125927-800x450.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Green demon said:

My cut of Blue Cheese I'd leave 9 weeks for a relaxing smoke and ten for a highlight reel knockout :yep: what breeder you go with? Mine was  Big Buddha

I would assume it's our BC buddy as it's in the Dinafem sub-forum on UK420 but then again maybe not ;)

Mark..

• Like 1

I like a slightly earlier chop to be honest as soon as Amber trichs are like 1% on the buds it's chop time.

• Like 1

Just now, michaeldbc said:

Dinafem they looking really nice but I was planning to start plain water from day 56 so started backing down and looking at them now I think too soon lol iv got a pic but had to shrink it bad so quality is low large.Screenshot_20190715-125927-800x450.png

Your on day 56 now mate so you've started reducing feed at the right time ;)

Personally I would feed for another 3 may be 5 day's then do a 7 day plane water flush in preparation for harvest  :yep:

You'll have to keep me posted mate ;)

Mark..

• Like 2

@michaeldbc how come you like the earlier chop mate? I always leave it as long as poss, heavy amber, provides more relaxation for my muscles, however harvesting my last crop a bit earlier it was noticeable flavour is more pokey when taken with less amber. Might start cropping half and half now.

That plant ^^^^^ looks mint :yep:

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 2

It's day 56 on the 12th If I remember right they're getting stinky just don't want to starve them right at the finish line starvation happens fast in dwc lol il keep them on what they're having now for a few more days and take from there 

• Like 2

Just now, michaeldbc said:

It's day 56 on the 12th If I remember right they're getting stinky just don't want to starve them right at the finish line starvation happens fast in dwc lol il keep them on what they're having now for a few more days and take from there 

As your only looking for 1% Amber I'm going to say 65 day's will be perfect  ;)

Another 3 days on feed, reducing it back daily and do a 5 day flush, perfect  :yep:

Mark..

• Like 2

Iv tried a few different chop times and the slightly early always wins for me I don't know how to explain it really but with earlier chopped bud I think it's more of a happier high.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, michaeldbc said:

Iv tried a few different chop times and the slightly early always wins for me I don't know how to explain it really but with earlier chopped bud I think it's more of a happier high.

All down to personal preference mate ;)

Some growers like a lot of Amber trichs others like more milky trichomes with very few Amber  :yep:

If it works for you that's all that counts :)

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3