Bud blood/ PGRs

Vindi

Hi everyone,

Just picked up some bud blood as my plants are close to the start of flower and was wondering if any had experience using this, what results they had and when they used it?

Ive been advised by a friend to use it 1 week before you decide to put them into flower and then the first week of flower only. AN advise using it in the first week only. My friends logic was giving it a week before lets them know the change is coming and they transition better into flower ?

Probably going to follow the instructions as they havent failed me in the past but just thought id see what everyone thinks

Also has anyone used any PGRs such as flower bomb, OG hardener ect.. was thinking of experimenting and seeing how much they actually improve the density and yeild on a few I have that are lacking behind the others 

All help appreciated

Thanks,

Vindi

17 minutes ago, Vindi said:

Also has anyone used any PGRs 

:puke: Do yourself a favour and avoid this shit 

• Like 10

Thanks for the help. What exactly are PGRs doing that is so bad ? Is there any organic pgrs that are safer or only synthetic ones on the market. The one i was going to buy claimed it was approved for use on edible crops or is it still really bad ? 

Only curious becuase I have some bud atm that a friend grew with the flower bomb and it is really really nice so just wondering if it was worth it

Thanks again everyone,

Vindi

Alfalfa, Kelp, Aloe all have organic PGR's in them iirc. Synthetic ones are for lazy growers who don't care so much about the final quality the environment or their health. Give the plant what it needs and let it do the rest. All these synthetic PGR's are for kids and their 'flavours'. Build a good soil and the plant has all the PGR's it needs when it wants them. IBA and salicylic acid are common rooting hormones used in all the root stim products. But can also be found in the organic materials mentioned above. The materials get broken down in the soil and taken up by the plant when it needs and sends out signals to increase production should it need more. Which i think all helps the plant become stronger and more resilient as it is working. All this contributes to high nutrient density produce. Which for us means better weed...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MD84 said:

Alfalfa, Kelp, Aloe all have organic PGR's in them iirc. Synthetic ones are for lazy growers who don't care so much about the final quality the environment or their health. Give the plant what it needs and let it do the rest. All these synthetic PGR's are for kids and their 'flavours'. Build a good soil and the plant has all the PGR's it needs when it wants them. IBA and salicylic acid are common rooting hormones used in all the root stim products. But can also be found in the organic materials mentioned above. The materials get broken down in the soil and taken up by the plant when it needs and sends out signals to increase production should it need more. Which i think all helps the plant become stronger and more resilient as it is working. All this contributes to high nutrient density produce. Which for us means better weed...

Thank you, yeah after the reading ive done today im probably just gonna stick to my pk 13/14 and my canna bud boost and forget the PGRs especially the synthetic ones. It was just so tempting to use after seeing my friends buds but I think id rather not poison myself lol!

Thanks everyone,

Vindi

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the majority of boosters they use plant growth regulators, then there are the banned plant regulators...know the difference

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old thread I know.

Have used bud blood this round as recommended by a mate to square off before xmas comes and I'm too fat to trim.

2 feeds (4 days) in and shes furry with pistils. 

Downside being I never wanted to go this route, and the fact i stink of thiamine.

Would recommend in a squeeze, but not if you dont want to smell like a recovering alki

• Like 1