1st time outdoor grow - advice needed

jw14660

Hi all,

I am a first time grower and I have various questions.  I thought I'd first let you know what I am planning to do exactly.  If anyone spots anything I plan on doing that is wrong, or can be done a better way, or might be ineffective, please let me know.

Seeds:  Magnum Auto Feminised Seeds x 3
Climate:  South UK (~13-20 degrees)
Pot size:  2x 10 gallon (50L)
Soil:  90% plant magic plus 10% perlite
Light:  Indoor phase:  800W full spectrum LED, and then outdoors during vegetation/flowering.

1.  Put seeds in solution of distilled water/hydrogen peroxide for 12 hours
2.  Remove, and place between two damp paper towels, between two plates for darkness, for following 12-24 hours (until sprouting)
3.  Place seeds in small holes in 2x 50L smart pots, with soil mixture of 90% plant magic, 10% perlite.  Water lightly around the seeds.
4.  Use 800Watt full spectrum LED lamp for light (also placed by south facing window) about 50 inches above pots during seedling stage for 16 hours/day.  No nutrients for 2-3 weeks.
5.  When in the vegetation stage, lower LED lamp to approximately 40 inches, and start light schedule of feeding nutrients/food (once every two weeks).  
6.  Halfway through the vegetation stage, start introducing the plant to the outdoors (into a smallish PVC greenhouse), cumulatively progressing by 3 hours a day until it is outside permanently.

How does that sound?  I am going to try to keep the plant in a little PVC greenhouse outside when I do get to that stage.  Considering the cold UK climate, should I try to heat the greenhouse, or will my auto seeds flower/grow okay despite the cold (I read that 20-21 degrees is ideal)?  The greenhouse will deter bugs.  I'll also use slug pellets and copper tape.  During the indoor phase, I won't have the luxury of a grow tent, as the Mrs doesn't want a loud carbon filter/fan blaring all the time.

I'd be really grateful for your feedback.

Edited by jw14660

• 1 month later...

Everything seems good mate.And yes, you can heat up the temperature. I believe the best one is 18-26*C.