Recommend me a dry herb portable vape please?

Good morning all, been looking at getting a portable vape for a while now and was hearing that the Splinter or SplinterZ was good and the much cheaper Saphire was very good for the price.

Ideally i would want to buy a kit that comes complete with everything you need, maybe get one of those water cooler things too if it did not come with one?

I'd mainly be using dry herb and would be a bonus if it can burn the odd bit of hash too, decent battery life would be good and the budget is about £150, would be good to hear from people with experience of these.

Cheers.

• Like 6

Hi @Amnesia

I have had my Healthy rips fierce for about 8 months and I can honestly say it’s brilliant! Mainly I use it with a water tool attachment but it’s also great on the go as it has pre loadable herb baskets that are very quickly changed. It’s a bit over your budget but they do a smaller one called the fury but the battery on that doesn’t last as long. I can get as battered on this vape and bong combo as I would smoking bongs so it hits the spot here. 

The downside to Healthy Rips is that they are a US company and don’t have any resellers in the uk. That needs to be considered when ordering as shipping and customs costs are about £30

Peace.

lil d. :smokin:

Eta ooooops sorry I didn’t see this was in the vapefiend section disregard the above lol 

Edited by lildaveham
Stoned ramble
  • Like 1

The PAX 2 works. Pretty stealthy, 10 year warranty. Around £140 last time I looked. Good flavours, doesn't burn your throat and 4 temp controls. Battery lasts for around 1 gram, (about 3 oven fulls of .3g - .4g)

• Like 3

Hi mate, I'd whole heartedly recommend the Pax 3. Build quality on the thing is top notch, nice and sleek design too. Variable heat settings on the device its self and can also be linked with your smartphone for fine tuning. Good vapour production, 10 year warranty and a bunch of nice colours. Go have a look at their website and a few reviews on Youtube and see what you think mate :thumsup:

I have the Storm Spirit, which is the slightly pricier older brother of the Sapphire, wouldn't surprise me if they are the same apart from the LCD display and better temp control on the Spirit. Perhaps @vapefiend can enlighten us.

Also look at the Xmax Starry V2 (which can be had cheaper) as the spirit is just a rebrand of that afaics.

The Spirit is a good little vape anyway imo, nice flavour and hit and decent clouds.

Does it need to be portable? If not, I'd recommend getting a plug-in vaporizer instead, as portables just don't compare in any way imo (and I've tried loads).

• Like 4
6 hours ago, Amnesia said:

Ideally i would want to buy a kit that comes complete with everything you need

Vapcap + turbo lighter.. less than 75£.. too good to miss.

• Like 2

Thanks for the guidance everyone, don't think i'll use it regularly as i much prefer to smoke my bud so thinking of spending near the £100 mark This would be mainly used for when i'm out and about and can't really spark up a J.

I  think i've narrowed it down to either the Spirit by Storm or the Pax2 as the're around the same money. Reviews on either of these would be great. :yep:

17 hours ago, Amnesia said:

Reviews on either of these would be great. 

I'm also in the market for a vape - I'd settled on the pax, but then read about the spirit... I came across this for the cheaper, sapphire from our very own, Vincy! I may be sold on the cheaper sapphire from this thread, though, if the spirit really is better, mebs that!

• Like 1

Can the Spirit or Pax2 burn hash?

Can either attatch to any water tools?

Any extras i should buy if buying either of these vapes?

thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions.

I’d add the fury into the mix as per lildavehan. I’ve brought over time the pax2, crafty , fury and dynavap And couple of others can’t remember. 

Pax2 gave away. Battery was poor and didn’t hit that hard imo and the filler was a nightmare. 

Crafty broke but was the bollocks hit and flavour wise. And engineering. The screw on filler is genius and keeps things nice And clean. Downside was price  heat up time and battery life poor. I think the new v2 one is better 

fury is good vape for money. £120. Super quick battery and lasts 4 bowls. Nice and small super stealth. Downside is filling it is a pain compared to crafty. Sometime I wish basket was bigger. I posted a thread  vape section I think with some pics. 

All the above can take hash , but I’d sandwich it in herb. Save the mess as you don’t want to get oil in the oven gubbins. 

Dynavap - love this. It’s the one that i enjoy the most when I want a joint but avoid smoking . And good for hash. Get more of a ‘toke’ off it. Downside needs a lighter to work and a bit smellier. Easy to burn the herb if ignore the ‘click’   Biggest issue for me not stealthy. Anything with a flame draws attention in the pub garden lol  . If you want to stop smoking tobacco joints though definitely worth considering as a 2nd choice. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

As its been a few years since i created this post and still not got one can anyone recommend me a decent dry herb portable vape? thanks.