The Plug - Forbidden Fruit Cake

GreenPirate

Just been given a pack of these to try but i've not ran any The Plug gear... anyone tried this one or any of their other strains?

Packs look quite funky, at least you can use the plastic as a seed label. :unsure:

I know the history behind Wedding Cake, but where did the Forbidden Fruit come from?

large.5ce7b247f3985_ForbiddenFruitCake2.large.5ce7b2404c24e_ForbiddenFruitCake.j

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/the-plug-seedbank-forbidden-fruit-cake/prod_7834.html

Sweet union of Wedding Cake and Forbidden Fruit led to the creation of a magnificent Forbidden Fruit Cake Cannabis Seeds. Wedding Cake is becoming a favourite for breeders all around the world with its solid built up plant structure and always being covered in trichomes. Expect loads of flavour and purple colour buds.

Genetics: Wedding Cake x Forbidden Fruit 
Flowering time: 56 - 63 days

• Like 3

Forbidden fruit is Cherry pie x Tangie not sure who/when/where the clone came came from...

I have smoked some imported FF and it was very dark in color (purple) with an awesome zingy Tangie aroma and flavor profile...i actually preferred this to the Zkittlez.

The Plug coffeeshop is basically the plug for Cali weed in Amsterdam..see they started doing seeds but dont know what there like.

Farmer G  

• Like 4

On 24/05/2019 at 10:04 AM, GreenPirate said:

Just been given a pack of these to try but i've not ran any The Plug gear... anyone tried this one or any of their other strains?

Packs look quite funky, at least you can use the plastic as a seed label. :unsure:

I know the history behind Wedding Cake, but where did the Forbidden Fruit come from?

large.5ce7b247f3985_ForbiddenFruitCake2.large.5ce7b2404c24e_ForbiddenFruitCake.j

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/the-plug-seedbank-forbidden-fruit-cake/prod_7834.html

I’m currently growing The Plug Sorbert (Tangie x Sherbert)

and its lovely to look at (pics don’t do it justice) currently on about 55 days flowering in 15 ltr auto pot soil grow (single seed) took a couple mother’s from this as I love the Tangie / sherbert mix and it shows i think both smell and look 

large.CDA13E14-7603-4335-8AF7-9246DE177218.jpeglarge.B0032995-77FA-4E6E-B3C3-64BDC7D02ED8.jpeg

i will defiantly give the other strains a go in the future based on this one 

Edited by THEDANK
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Forbidden fruit is Cherry pie x Tangie not sure who/when/where the clone came came from...

I have smoked some imported FF and it was very dark in color (purple) with an awesome zingy Tangie aroma and flavor profile...i actually preferred this to the Zkittlez.

The Plug coffeeshop is basically the plug for Cali weed in Amsterdam..see they started doing seeds but dont know what there like.

Farmer G  

I wonder if she came from the Blood Orange mix Crockett put out from the Tangie line (of which I missed). It was supposed to be a stronger Tangie, darker in colour with bright orange hairs.

I'll grab a pack of something else of theirs to run alongside it when I get the time.

I've been quite liking some of the Zkittlez crosses i've tried lately, good to know she's gonna come out something similar or at least in there somewhere.

Thanks mate! :)

2 hours ago, The Winston said:

Forbidden fruit wasn’t that a seed junky strain

i'll have a look, thanks! Some of these U.S strains are a nightmare to track down unless you are on Insta and a few other places.

I'll dig through Seed Junky strains and see if she was in there somewhere.

:)

37 minutes ago, THEDANK said:

I’m currently growing The Plug Sorbert (Tangie x Sherbert)

and its lovely to look at (pics don’t do it justice) currently on about 55 days flowering in 15 ltr auto pot soil grow (single seed) took a couple mother’s from this as I love the Tangie / sherbert mix and it shows i think both smell and look 

i will defiantly give the other strains a go in the future based on this one 

thanks mate, let me know how you get on, sounds like a nice mix. I liked the Tangie but got immune to her really quickly. Kept having to step away from her for a week or two then go back. The effect was nice but was losing it's length of time it would work for before I was rolling another.

So quite a few of their mixes are either Tangie, Sherbert, Wedding Cake/Cookies, Zkittlez based. I've not tried the Sherbert by name but I was looking at their Baklava to run along side the pack I have from them.. :yes:

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/the-plug-seedbank-baklava/prod_7831.html

Wedding Cake x Gelato

Attitude_The-Plug_Baklava.jpg

• Like 8

Was eyeing up the Forbidden Fruit Cake myself but plumped for their Spumoni instead. Dosidos x Sherbet.

Purple Caper have a cross of Forbidden Fruit x Zkittles that I was also looking at but the Spumoni won. HTC winner 2018 so am expecting something nice.

• Like 1

Spumoni sounds nice :) interested to see what The Plug can produce, being so new i've not seen many grows or i'm not looking in the right places.

Had to grab a pack of Baklava to run along side them.. should be in my hands early next week.

Got a good deal on them that I could not refuse :D

I won't put them in for a good while unless I go knee jerk "fuck it" at some point this year and start throwing beans around.

I'm gonna start gathering a few different Cake crosses, plus the ones I already have cuts of and see what is what at the end of summer/winter/new year/2022.

Space Cake (bodhi)

Wedding Cake (flavour chasers)

Forbidden Fruit Cake (the plug)

Baklava (the plug)

I'll gather some more cheap Cake crosses from a few other breeders. Feck the 200+ American releases, cheaper the better on that test. :) 

RQS - Wedding Gelato sounds like another potential

Might even grab a THSeeds Birthday Cake cross if I can find out if they crossed from Wedding Cake for sure but I don't think they have. (could be wrong on that)

Got some reg packs of RGS seeds coming, I might have to make my own RGS Wedding Cake cross if @panik don't get one released soon. *coughs* Strawberry Gelato Cake *coughs* ;);)  I should have enough Cake mothers/mixes to get a decent one to breed from :unsure: You watch, i'll get all StawberryD Gelato females lol

• Like 3

I ordered a couple of packs of Wedding Cake regs from Purple Caper yesterday. Plan on crossing it with Purple Punch that have just sprouted. They’re also from Purple Caper. 

Like a bit of pollen chucking does me, Just toking on some Disco Biscuit x Scott’s OG that I made last year and harvested about a month ago. Very nice.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2019 at 1:57 PM, GreenPirate said:

I wonder if she came from the Blood Orange mix Crockett put out from the Tangie line (of which I missed). It was supposed to be a stronger Tangie, darker in colour with bright orange hairs.

I'll grab a pack of something else of theirs to run alongside it when I get the time.

I've been quite liking some of the Zkittlez crosses i've tried lately, good to know she's gonna come out something similar or at least in there somewhere.

Thanks mate! :)

i'll have a look, thanks! Some of these U.S strains are a nightmare to track down unless you are on Insta and a few other places.

I'll dig through Seed Junky strains and see if she was in there somewhere.

:)

thanks mate, let me know how you get on, sounds like a nice mix. I liked the Tangie but got immune to her really quickly. Kept having to step away from her for a week or two then go back. The effect was nice but was losing it's length of time it would work for before I was rolling another.

So quite a few of their mixes are either Tangie, Sherbert, Wedding Cake/Cookies, Zkittlez based. I've not tried the Sherbert by name but I was looking at their Baklava to run along side the pack I have from them.. :yes:

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/the-plug-seedbank-baklava/prod_7831.html

Wedding Cake x Gelato

Attitude_The-Plug_Baklava.jpg

Hi mate, did you get these in the end? I'm sorely tempted. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/06/2019 at 5:43 PM, grotbags said:

Hi mate, did you get these in the end? I'm sorely tempted. 

Ended up getting these.... Always nice to get 7 fem seeds in a 6 pack... All hatched.... Alongside maltezerz and smottie.... :yinyang:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

so ive only grown tangie crosses and i think that she is very mild .

flavor is good . not the best orange ,also she is a bit seedy too.

i smoked some forbidden fruit at the weekend .

it tasted of orangey /grapefruit but on exhale it was more flowery,peppery orange it took me by surprise .

she was a bit stronger than your average orange strain

• Like 2

I've grown Tangie from seed back in the day,good orange flavour,can't really remember how she grew or how strong a smoke but think it was average yield.

Was hoping this might be a bit different from Tangie after it's been crossed but i know Nothing of cherry pie.

• Like 1

ive yet to find an orange strain that kicks like a mule .

ive so many now . i suppose the orange strains are all about the flavor nothing else

• Like 4