ticks - how bad....

right, ive had to tweezer off at least 3 or more often, half a dozen or more of these little bastards every time I come back from the plots.

they love me..

im getting a bit concerned about lymes disease, knowing someone who got crippled by it. 

ive tried long sleeves, hoodies up , but the little c*nts still find a way in.

Avon skin so soft is meant to repel them- it doesn't.

they must like come in from the trees, I get them all over, usually. not just legs, more often neck arms belly legs arse etc

is there anything I can do to keep these little fukrs away?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

Do you wear a base layer under your main clothes? I do, long John's tucked into socks and long sleeve fairly tight top under main top. Have never had an issue like this.

• Like 6

Like the aliens, whereing layers tight fit first tucked in,  shorts over boxers then regular layers.

Yes mate, it gets hot!!  

• Like 3

ive got some base layers somewhere, ill have to find them.

im thinking maybe its the trees they are living in, mostly fir trees but there are loads of the little cunts up my way.

I used to do some deer shooting,  and if you ever saw the underside of deer, you would never eat venison, they are absolutely covered with them.

its another scorchio day up here, im off out this afternoon to dig some holes in the mid day sun.

• Like 4

Just now, badbillybob said:

ive got some base layers somewhere, ill have to find them.

im thinking maybe its the trees they are living in, mostly fir trees but there are loads of the little cunts up my way.

I used to do some deer shooting,  and if you ever saw the underside of deer, you would never eat venison, they are absolutely covered with them.

its another scorchio day up here, im off out this afternoon to dig some holes in the mid day sun.

They usually need a good 24hrs + attached for Lyme's to get through... I think a lot of the woodsman round here must've got some kind of natural immunity tbh... They did a study in the NF and something like 30% of forestry workers had antibodies suggesting they'd had it!

• Like 3

On 15/05/2019 at 9:06 PM, badbillybob said:

right, ive had to tweezer off at least 3 or more often, half a dozen or more of these little bastards every time I come back from the plots.

they love me..

im getting a bit concerned about lymes disease, knowing someone who got crippled by it. 

ive tried long sleeves, hoodies up , but the little c*nts still find a way in.

Avon skin so soft is meant to repel them- it doesn't.

they must like come in from the trees, I get them all over, usually. not just legs, more often neck arms belly legs arse etc

is there anything I can do to keep these little fukrs away?

It sounds like layering up is the best option mate but not always practical in the summer heat :)

And they say outdoor growing is easy lol

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

large.A1105D001-jawadis-d-600x600.jpg

:yep: looks ace and no bees will have a go either  lol 

Edited by doobie01
picture
  • Like 3

On 16/05/2019 at 1:50 PM, Sirius-DDs said:

They usually need a good 24hrs + attached for Lyme's to get through... I think a lot of the woodsman round here must've got some kind of natural immunity tbh... They did a study in the NF and something like 30% of forestry workers had antibodies suggesting they'd had it!

You have reference for this? My son was infected after a couple of hours. "Had it" is a bit misleading too, once it is detectable in blood, about a month, it is have, not had, intense antibiotics are required to shift it once in.... read about Ray Mears battle to get rid of the infection after many years

More here: 

Edited by distracted
  • Like 3

I'd definitely be trying citronella, tea tree, and lemon verbona, essential oils cold pressed and used with a carrier oil such as almond.  Make up a strong topical and slathe it on yer pegs.

I'm more nervous than you.  I'm anaphylactic and could be stung at a plot wondering whether to call for help or not!  I carry an EpiPen  but that shit happens quick.

• Like 2