alcohol vs cannabis

trichomehi

Hops give beer flavour. Yeast produces alcohol from the malt sugars.

Weed and hops share the production of terpenes that give both those luvverly smells.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 3:15 PM, johnnyneuro said:

Hops give beer flavour.

I think dry hopping brings out the smell too.

As for the whole alcohol vs weed thing, I find alcohol is far more addictive. It's far more dangerous, and totally legal.

Madness!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I quit drinking six years ago and haven't looked back. No more drinker's remorse, no more doing stupid shit ("hold my beer and watch this") while drunk, no more thinking "where the hell did all my money go last Friday night?".

Cannabis makes me grounded, relaxed, calm and social, without any of the downsides that alcohol has. Cotton mouth is the worst I've suffered while high. Of course there's been a few times when I've underestimated an edible and then had trouble finding my own feet, but nothing that a glass of water and a good night's sleep hasn't fixed.

IMHO you can't compare booze and weed. They do different things. Being drunk is not the same as being stoned, not even near. If I want to get drunk then no amount of cannabis is gonna get me there, to that drunk place I'm craving. If I want to get stoned/high then no amount of alcohol is gonna get me there, to that stoned/high place I'm craving. They are totally different experiences, and one of them can't take the place of the other if that's what you are craving. They are different, if I want to get drunk then only alcohol will do, if I want to get stoned then only weed will do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, talking about something else than being stoned/drunk... As much as I love weed, there's not a lot of things on this earth which can compare with a good single malt when it comes to taste. Such a pity that very good malts had become so expensive these days. By luck, I stocked enough a few years ago.