Is White Widow suitable for scrog?

WeedSurfer

Is Dinafem White Widow fem suitable for a scrog setup? I'm only planning on having 3 plants in a 1.2*1.2 space under a 600w hps. Or do you think it wouldn't fill the space enough?

• Like 1

I don't see why not personally. I have had a few strains that were less suited to SCROG, little worried about my up and coming grow for this reason as ti happens, but I haven't yet come across a strain I couldn't SCROG. Just some are harder to get that perfect blanket of colas. Can't see Widow being an issue though. Nice choice as well by the way, dont grow widow myself but I got a freebee from Attitude a few years back and threw it into a multi strain grow, was a bloody nice plant. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WeedSurfer said:

Is Dinafem White Widow fem suitable for a scrog setup? I'm only planning on having 3 plants in a 1.2*1.2 space under a 600w hps. Or do you think it wouldn't fill the space enough?

White Widow would do very well in a scrogg type set up mate ;)

As @GreenVision has said most strains can be scrogged with some getting better results. 

White Widow will do well along with Critical Cheese, Purple Moby dick and Gorilla I've seen very good scrogg and SOG grows with ;)

Keep us posted on what strain you go with my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark.

• Like 2

Actually, I've just noticed the Dinafem site says the White Widow prefers an average temp of 20-22C so probs not the best strain to be growing during the hottest summer months. I think I'll do WW later on in the year. I'll have to find a strain that tolerates higher temps for the summer. Cheers

• Like 2

don't worry about the temps, it will easily withstand higher temps than 21/22, ive grown it at 30 degrees, and it just shrugged it off. It will tolerate higher temps than most strains I would say.

Its a very resilient strain and produces some lovely strong smoke. I did it on my first grow,  as it was am easy strain to grow, not fussy about feeds etc, unlike some. 

I wouldn't do it in a scrog myself, because its not a big stretcher, and it is fairly stocky. 

It can be done, but if you are insistant on scrogging there are better/easier strains to scrog imo. 

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2