struggling with cuttings

greenvigilante

Always get good results with cuttings...Rockwool cube presoaked 24hrs in tap water...Dip the cut in some Clonex, stick it in the cube and place it in the proppy...spray once a day with water and keep that humidity nice and high...

Most importantly place an electric blanket under the proppy, they love a warm toasty bum and will thrive trust me....the cubes hate going cold and won't root otherwise...good luck

• Like 1
On 12/05/2007 at 9:09 AM, Owderb said:

This is how I do my cuts for those that are interested wink.gif

I put plagron light or coco in a ltr-1.5ltr pot and water in with 2ml/ltr of maxicrop or rootstim

I then make 12 holes,take my cuts,dip in rooting hormone and plant into the premade hole,then i make sure the stem is in contact with the medium just by pressing the compost a touch round the stem

I then place a plastic bag over the pot and secure with an elastic band and dont even look at them for a week

I then cut just the corner off the bag to let a bit of air in and wait till i see them growing

Not once have i ever had to water or spray so if you are idle when it comes to growing then this way is for you lol

post-6338-1178957335_thumb.jpg

Owd

• Like 8

I root them all in one pot then thread my fingers through the plants and turn upside down and they just fall out in one block. I then just loosen the medium and separate the clones

I then use the coco in the pot up so no wastage 

Owd

• Like 4
On 03/05/2019 at 2:25 PM, greenvigilante said:

guys any of yous stuggled to get cutting to root and overcame it ?

ive tried everything. followed all sorts of guides from into coco/aerocloners/heated prop/unheated prop 

all sorts man:wallbash:

growing is easy but this i just have a mental block on

tried all guides from here as i say but fck me

thankfully im just practising with a couple of sunset sherbets i have in veg right now but wouldnt mind nailing it if anyone has any guides for dummys

Practice makes perfect as the saying goes, keep at it and you will succeed.:skin_up:large.5bb53d5801b6b_DSC00027(2).JPG

• Like 14
16 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

Practice makes perfect as the saying goes, keep at it and you will succeed.:skin_up:large.5bb53d5801b6b_DSC00027(2).JPG

great that is. lol 

ive always wondered how a cut would grow after rooting just a leaf, ? how did she grow mate,or was it someone else's pic.  cheers:oldtoker:

• Like 1

@unity

I used to do them in compost too mate. It works with any medium that holds water

Just to add I stick a thin garden pole in each corner now to stop the bag collapsing

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

Before I got an ez cloner I'd usually get roots within two weeks, on 100% of cuts, very rarely took longer. I take small cuttings from new growth as they root quicker.

I'd use coco pellets, hydrate in dechlorinated water and give a good squeeze to leave them moist but not wringing wet.

Pop cutting in the pellet and into a unheated propagator.

Mist the lid of the prop but not the cuts. 

Golden rule I stuck to was 25 degrees inside the prop, I'd adjust the height of my T5 till temp was on point and leave for a week lid closed. 

After a week lid off to change the air then open the vent slightly and open it more day by day. 

Only ever failed using using this method twice, both times I'd left too much water in the pellets and the stems of the cuts dampened off. Better to err on the side of caution and squeeze too much water out than not enough. If the pellets look like they are getting dry just water them with a pipette.

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...
On 5/6/2019 at 11:25 PM, Green demon said:

Before I got an ez cloner I'd usually get roots within two weeks, on 100% of cuts, very rarely took longer. I take small cuttings from new growth as they root quicker.

I'd use coco pellets, hydrate in dechlorinated water and give a good squeeze to leave them moist but not wringing wet.

Pop cutting in the pellet and into a unheated propagator.

Mist the lid of the prop but not the cuts. 

Golden rule I stuck to was 25 degrees inside the prop, I'd adjust the height of my T5 till temp was on point and leave for a week lid closed. 

After a week lid off to change the air then open the vent slightly and open it more day by day. 

Only ever failed using using this method twice, both times I'd left too much water in the pellets and the stems of the cuts dampened off. Better to err on the side of caution and squeeze too much water out than not enough. If the pellets look like they are getting dry just water them with a pipette.

Your 25c golden rule, was what I was looking for.  I couldnt find a number looking through posts and online,  just a range.  Ive an unadjustable heated prop, but found a temp controller on fleasite that will take care of it for me.    

• Like 1