Autos for oil??

Salty

Ok so somebody close had just been diagnosed with cancer. As you can imagine its a lot to take in and its kinda blown us all away a bit.

My question is are autos suitable for making a quick batch of oil up with or would photos be more suited to the job? I just thought autos might get the job done quicker.

I realise it's not goin to be some kind of miracle cure but if I can help to improve her quality of life and stimulate her appetite etc that would be good.

Thanks folks

• Like 3

Worth running them in the veg space with regs and putting outside if possible.Ive been looking into running my first Autos purely for a high cbd strain.

Came across a dinafem auto that seemed to tick my boxes im starting them next week.

Sorry to hear that mate, had a similar situation in 2017 with my mum.

I'd do both. Put in some autos to get things moving along and have the photo's going with them.

I cant comment on which is which when it comes to strains suitable for medicating on that level, but I know there are autos that can be THC / CBD in 8 weeks, the moment they look almost done turn the lights down to 12/12 to finish them off but also forcing your photo's into bloom. Could have oil in 9 weeks from germination if you really rush things and use the right auto.

You also have those fast versions, Sweet Seeds do some I believe?

Best of luck either way mate.

• Like 4

On 30/04/2019 at 4:20 PM, GreenVision said:

Sorry to hear that mate, had a similar situation in 2017 with my mum.

I'd do both. Put in some autos to get things moving along and have the photo's going with them.

I cant comment on which is which when it comes to strains suitable for medicating on that level, but I know there are autos that can be THC / CBD in 8 weeks, the moment they look almost done turn the lights down to 12/12 to finish them off but also forcing your photo's into bloom. Could have oil in 9 weeks from germination if you really rush things and use the right auto.

You also have those fast versions, Sweet Seeds do some I believe?

Best of luck either way mate.

I set up a second 80 x 80 tent with an adjustable digi ballast and been using it as a veg space. I reckon I could squeeze a few autos in while vegging a couple o photos.....probably be tight but am sure I can make it work.

What I was wondering though is....would oil made from autos be any more/less suitable for the job? Its got to be just the same as oil from photos..right? I mean...resin is resin aye?

This has caught me right off guard and my heads been fuckin spinnin mate. Thanks for replying dude

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Salty said:

I set up a second 80 x 80 tent with an adjustable digi ballast and been using it as a veg space. I reckon I could squeeze a few autos in while vegging a couple o photos.....probably be tight but am sure I can make it work.

What I was wondering though is....would oil made from autos be any more/less suitable for the job? Its got to be just the same as oil from photos..right? I mean...resin is resin aye?

This has caught me right off guard and my heads been fuckin spinnin mate. Thanks for replying dude

Yh I cant see why it wouldn't be the same mate, THC levels differ for sure but I would assume once the extract process is completed the purity of the end extracts should match what you would get of ordinary photoperiod plants.

Plus some of the Autoflower strains these days can be fine imo for THC / CBD levels anyway. Pretty sure some of the more cared for Autos from well known breeders would likely outdo some of the less known nasty photos you can buy nowadays.

Either way mate as you say get some going, having extra resin around if your going to be making oil cant be a negative regardless of auto or photos. 

• Like 2

That's pretty much what I needed to hear @GreenVision ....thanks mate.

I've seen enough nice autos from Dinafem so al have a quick look at their thc/cbd levels and go from there.

All the best mucker

• Like 1

Firstly mate I'm sorry to hear about your close friends Cancer diagnosis  :( this is always sad to read and sadly increasing. Such a nasty disease. 

Secondly you've been given some solid advice and I would offer similar. 

Get some autos going along with some photoperiod strains. 

If you did say 8 plants in total. 4 Auto and 4 photo. Whilst you're on a 18/6 or 20/0 cycle your photo ladies will be vegging whilst the autos will be doing their thing :)

If you did say 8 weeks veg your autos are going to be super close to finish. Freeing up some space for the photo ladies to bloom :yep:

Now what auto strains to grow!. I've always had a firm view that THC works best when combined with CBD but that's my preference and for cancer I'm not 100% sure what is recommended. This you will need to research  ;) a Rso (Rick Simpson oil) approach could work but as said some independent research would be very beneficial as different ratios may be better for certain cancers  :)

I would gladly offer seed for this grow as it's for medical needs :) drop a pm if needed mate  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5