Fibromyalgia

caringmum

@GreenPirate Hi. 

I  used my  Sensi Star harvested well over a year ago, dried and put into mason jars with a Boveda 62-Percent RH  pkt inside.

This is the way I made my butter...

Decarboxylation was carried out  in a vacuum seal bag and submerged into a water bath heated with a Anova Sous Vide which controls the temp at 93.3ºC  for 1hr.

When cooled I emptied the canna into a mason jar with melted butter - lid screwed on finger tight.

Sous vide for another 4 hours at 85C. Remove from water bath and strain. Let it cool and solidify.

Drain any liquid from bottom of jar (butter always has a certain amount of water in, so the little bit at the bottom of the solidified butter you can either drain or mix back into it- I drained mine making it clarified butter. By doing it this way I found there was hardly any smell during the making.  

If I wanted a high then this will be ideal but it didn't solve the pain- I have no regrets as it was my first grow - this time I will be making sure the ladies trichomes will be more on the side of amber/brown

Edited by caringmum
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, caringmum said:

@GreenPirate Hi. 

I  used my  Sensi Star harvested well over a year ago, dried and put into mason jars with a Boveda 62-Percent RH  pkt inside.

This is the way I made my butter...

Decarboxylation was carried out  in a vacuum seal bag and submerged into a water bath heated with a Anova Sous Vide which controls the temp at 93.3ºC  for 1hr.

When cooled I emptied the canna into a mason jar with melted butter - lid screwed on finger tight.

Sous vide for another 4 hours at 85C. Remove from water bath and strain. Let it cool and solidify.

Drain any liquid from bottom of jar (butter always has a certain amount of water in, so the little bit at the bottom of the solidified butter you can either drain or mix back into it- I drained mine making it clarified butter. By doing it this way I found there was hardly any smell during the making.  

If I wanted a high then this will be ideal but it didn't solve the pain- I have no regrets as it was my first grow - this time I will be making sure the ladies trichomes will be more on the side of amber/brown

Hi @caringmum

i see you’ve got Fibromyalgia, I’ve also been diagnosed with this.....after years of suffering and doctors telling me it’s a made up illness and your too young too be sick. 

If it wasn’t for the fact I work mornings (5am) six days a week, every week that I’m sure most of the doctors wouldn’t believe the pain I’m in. 

What id like to ask is what made you make the butter over oil ? 

I’m new to this plant and don’t smoke at all and I’ve started to grow plants in the hope I can make oil that will help my pain and also help me stop taking morphine which is the most disgusting drug ever, might be great as a one off or if you brake your leg etc but living on morphine that’s constantly in your body gives you brain fog another level and I can’t handle it anymore. 

Have you had any luck with your cannabis butter or anything else you made? 

Tried oil? 

Sorry to ask so many questions ive just finished work and had to take some in work and can’t think straight now. 

@Jammo85 Hi 

I tried oil but that didn't reduce pain so last week I gave it a try in making cannabutter- thinking that if the butter worked then I was doing something wrong in making the oil ( using same cannibis)  Sadly both were the same in having no pain reduction.

Which makes me believe that it all boils down to the colour of the trichome before harvest.

In a way I'm pleased as it at least has stopped me banging my head against the wall trying to work out where I was going wrong.

So on my next grow I will harvest one with 50% amber and the other with nearly all amber trichomes and again try making oil/edibles. lol I won't give up I'm stubborn that way :dev:

P.S  Edible do work but it take a lot longer when going through the digestive system before you reap the benefits

• Like 1