Thread worms in compost

EnigmaticOne

OT

I tested the compost PH and it reads as being exactly 7. Bought some Maxicrop calcified seaweed anyway just before testing the compost, but no need to use this I suppose now. :wassnnme: I will just treat with the roogrow.

So this points at the seeds being the problem. I figured it was due to the other strain all germing ok using the same methods and compost.

I looked at the cheshunt compound in the garden centre, but all the environmental warnings on the tin put me off buying that to treat the seeds first. I think I will stick with the H202.

Anyways thanks for the advice.

EO

Something wrong with the test I think. Are you sure the ph meter is doing its job? Allmix is usually down near ph 6.2,

What is the reading of the distilled water?

Something wrong with the test I think.  Are you sure the ph meter is doing its job? Allmix is usually down near ph 6.2,

What is the reading of the distilled water?

347583[/snapback]

Well I cheated and bought a soil testing kit instead, one with barium sulphate and ph solution. Got the PH pen calibrated today and it is spot on now. I will get some distilled water tomorrow and test it that way too. But I think I can safely say it is not lower than 6

EO