Russjackell

Floods down my way this morning 

Not holding much hope for my autos that have a week left

Rain seems to be getting worse every year 

Was actually talking to mates in work about all the rain we get down here, wonder if it’s anything to do with the icecaps melting

The thinking behind it was , the more they melt, the more water that’s about to be evaporated which in turn means more rain clouds about. 

Just a theory tho.  :wassnnme:

All weather reports were promising constant downpours and storms, however we're lucky if we get a 30min shower over here.. We've had maybe an inch of rain at best in these "storms"... I'll take it all, send it my way lol

• Like 2

It really has been wet! 2 days of solid rain with even more on the way! The timing could not have been worse, im All Auto and they are all between 4-6 weeks into flower.

I visited my plants yesterday evening, they were drenched!! the buds were soaked through! I had to go and put a makeshift tarp cover up and have left them under that, With more rain due they will never survive so i have taken my chances with the tarp, Ive left plenty of room for air to breathe and have made sure water runs off, hopefully the humidity doesnt get too bad but either way sitting under a cover is doing them no good at all and the lack of sunlight at this stage is gutting to say the least as they look promising!

fingers crossed that we make it through to sunnier days! It is crazy how we can go from 10 days straight mid 30s to this!large.5f382aab163de_20200815_145744copy.jpg

Edited by leeroy lee
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

All weather reports were promising constant downpours and storms, however we're lucky if we get a 30min shower over here.. We've had maybe an inch of rain at best in these "storms"... I'll take it all, send it my way lol

Same here! we've some how dodged them all, plenty of lightening iv been watching maybe an hours worth of a good down pour few nights back but other than that nothing that would equate to me watering the girls. I'm hoping for a good down pour tonight. 

13 minutes ago, leeroy lee said:

It really has been wet! 2 days of solid rain with even more on the way! The timing could not have been worse, im All Auto and they are all between 4-6 weeks into flower.

I visited my plants yesterday evening, they were drenched!! the buds were soaked through! I had to go and put a makeshift tarp cover up and have left them under that, With more rain due they will never survive so i have taken my chances with the tarp, Ive left plenty of room for air to breathe and have made sure water runs off, hopefully the humidity doesnt get too bad but either way sitting under a cover is doing them no good at all and the lack of sunlight at this stage is gutting to say the least as they look promising!

fingers crossed that we make it through to sunnier days! It is crazy how we can go from 10 days straight mid 30s to this!large.5f382aab163de_20200815_145744copy.jpg

Can tell you now it wont work mate.

Think of all the moisture around them and your now neglecting them of direct sun light to.

3 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Can tell you now it wont work mate.

Think of all the moisture around them and your now neglecting them of direct sun light to.

Ez mate, do you think im better off leaving them in the rain and hoping the sun returns quickly and they are hardy?

They are well into flower?

Cheers bro

Edited by leeroy lee
  • Like 1

Just now, leeroy lee said:

Ez mate, do you think im better off leaving them in the rain and hoping the sun returns quickly?

They are well into flower?

Cheers bro

Yeah mate get rid, some strains are solid with shit weather.

• Like 2

Opened my big mouth earlier about little rain, got one girl out little mould. 

Planned to take another 2 in the coming days

But its been pissing it down now a day.... They needed the water. But looks like it's not gonna stop all week. So gonna go chop 2 tomorrow before it moulds away. 

• Like 3

On 15/08/2020 at 6:18 PM, Jack010 said:

Was actually talking to mates in work about all the rain we get down here, wonder if it’s anything to do with the icecaps melting

The thinking behind it was , the more they melt, the more water that’s about to be evaporated which in turn means more rain clouds about. 

I understand that the two are linked with the global rise in atmospheric and sea temperature meaning:

1) that there is more energy driving evaporation from warmer seas into warmer air (which itself can hold more moisture) resulting in hot humid air and then more intense rainstorms as we saw over the last couple of weeks with flooding and landslips after downpours during thunderstorms.

2) icecaps will melt faster but the direct effect of that will be an initially small increase sea levels.  Also a reduction in the area of the globe at the poles and at high altitudes which is covered in white snow reflecting energy back out to space, thawing of permafrost peat bogs which will release vast amounts of CO2 as they are broken down by bacteria and fungi and, as has been happening this year, the Arctic tundra gets dry enough to burn. https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/environment-and-conservation/2020/07/a-heat-wave-thawed-siberias-tundra-now-its-on-fire

• Like 1

On 15/08/2020 at 6:18 PM, Jack010 said:

Mate I'm 10000 percent with this theory more water more precipitation more humidity to evaporate .our government no this the weather is changing rapidly I reckon early autos may be the way if this humid August September carries on.god help humanity to reverse the fucking hideous damage we caused to our planet.

I woke up in at 3am to let the cat out and it was hammering it down. . She'd just come in looking soaked. It's still pissing it down with 45mph wind.. doesn't look like it'll stop till Friday.

I'm glad I top dress with FFB rather than liquid feed on my last visit.