Strange Ladybird

tsm

I'm pretty sure its a lady bird except for one thing. Its back is brown not red

Does anyone ever hear of this before?

Should i leave it there? I know they eat green fly but i dont have any rose bushes near by :headpain:

Does it have 7 spots including the one that crosses the Wing split ?

344915[/snapback]

He has twelve, can seem find anything in google about em

Guest Potter

:!:

Quarantine it !!!!!!

I have heard rumors of a Ladybird not from around the uk having taken residence here, assuming your in the uk ????

:!:

Quarantine it !!!!!!

I have heard rumors of a Ladybird not from around the uk having taken residence here, assuming your in the uk ????

344919[/snapback]

yup its under a glass as soon as i found it

I from ireland so prob same case as uk

Have u any more info on it?

Cheers

tsm

oh btw the missus is scared shitless of it, she says it evul

Guest Potter

Shes prob right, still looking.

You sure about the number of spots, if a ladybird 1 spot right up by the head should intersect the shell ???? count that as 1, odd number..

yup its under a glass as soon as i found it

I from ireland so prob same case as uk

Have u any more info on it?

Cheers

tsm

oh btw the missus is scared shitless of it, she says it evul

344922[/snapback]

Ok google and found this.

http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/insects/coccinellidae.htm

It looks like a Orange ladybird Halyzia sedecimguttata (Linnaeus, 1758)

but brown deffo not orange

The missus wants to out the house, so its not goin back in.

Still I would like to know what it is

Guest Potter

There ya go :yinyang:

I added the spot i though you had left out and its there at the bottom, likes wet places !!!!!, is Ireland wet :!:

Most Ladybirds are carnivorous on the larva Aphids (Hemiptera, Homoptera, Aphididae) both as adults and as larvae. Four of the 42 British species are are vegetarians; the Orange Ladybird (Halzia 16-guttata), the 24 Spot Ladybird (Subcoccinella 24-punctata, the 22 Spot Ladybird (Phyllobora 22-punctata) and the 16 Spot Ladybird (Tytthaspis 16-punctata). Some species are generalists, feeding on a wide variety of aphids and are easy to find i.e. the 2 Spot Ladybird (Adalia 2-punctata). Other species such as the Pine Ladybird (Exochomus 4-pustulatus) which is restricted to pines by its food source, the Hieroglyphic Ladybird (Coccinella hieroglyphica) and the Heather Ladybird (Chilocorus 2-pustulatus) which are restricted to heathlands, as well as the 13 Spot Ladybird (Hippodamia 13-punctata) and the Water Ladybird (Anisosticta 19-punctata) which are restricted to damp marshy places, are scarcer and more difficult to find.

Edited by potty potter

Shes prob right, still looking.

You sure about the number of spots, if a ladybird 1 spot right up by the head should intersect the shell ???? count that as 1, odd number..

344925[/snapback]

yeah defoo has twelve spots, but there isn't a spot up by the head

There ya go :spliff:

I added the spot i though you had left out and its there at the bottom, likes wet places !!!!!, is Ireland wet :!:

Most Ladybirds are carnivorous on the larva Aphids (Hemiptera, Homoptera, Aphididae) both as adults and as larvae. Four of the 42 British species are are vegetarians; the Orange Ladybird (Halzia 16-guttata), the 24 Spot Ladybird (Subcoccinella 24-punctata, the 22 Spot Ladybird (Phyllobora 22-punctata) and the 16 Spot Ladybird (Tytthaspis 16-punctata). Some species are generalists, feeding on a wide variety of aphids and are easy to find i.e. the 2 Spot Ladybird (Adalia 2-punctata). Other species such as the Pine Ladybird (Exochomus 4-pustulatus) which is restricted to pines by its food source, the Hieroglyphic Ladybird (Coccinella hieroglyphica) and the Heather Ladybird (Chilocorus 2-pustulatus) which are restricted to heathlands, as well as the 13 Spot Ladybird (Hippodamia 13-punctata) and the Water Ladybird (Anisosticta 19-punctata) which are restricted to damp marshy places, are scarcer and more difficult to find.

344927[/snapback]

thanks for thid i feel a little better now :)

Its goin out the window now :yinyang: