Dinafem SOG strain

Splinter

G'day all,

My apologies if this has been covered, but I've spent the last week going backwards and forwards over which strain to buy for a small SOG grow and I've yet to find any info as to whether my preferred stains are well suited. I'm looking for a indy dom/100% indy and my shortlist is Critical Kush, Purps #1, or a cheese strain (although I'm very suggestible). I very rarely grow SOGs these days but I need to cram a quick one in before the weather warms up and, whilst I know most strains will SOG, some get touchy. So, I'm rather hoping that someone in the know can point me in the right direction. Will the three above be happy in a SOG or are there other Dinafem strains more suited? I'll be growing from seed and will probably flip when they're about 6 inches or so. I prefer to stick to a single strain.

Many thanks.

• Like 3

@Splinter

Hello my friend. Let's try to assist ;)

For a scrogg type set up I've seen

Remo Chemo 

Purple afghan kush 

Critical Jack 

Critical Cheese

All do very well,

Also, Purps#1, OG kush and Critical Kush would be very well suite in a scrogg grow ;)

Possibly one of our new releases also as they are both leaning more towards the indica side but until we get a few grows in I can not say for sure but I'm confident Blueberry Cookies would do well in Scrogg  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

@tokenroll Oopps I mess up from time to time mate :yep:

Let me correct this ;)

The same would apply imo as see of green and scrogg are both utilising lst but sog you have more plants with scrogg less plant and more tops.

So I'll say

Purple afghan kush 

Purps#1

Gorilla

These would all work all in a SOG ;) imo

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Many thanks Mark/tokenroll

Isn't it just typical: 2 hrs ago I was settled on the Critical Cheese - I was happy with the choice and glad that I was now resolute and the internal debate was finally put to bed. Now I'm back at the beginning :crybaby:. Is it just me who goes through this agonizing indecision for months before every grow, or is it a universal issue?   Both the PAK and the purps are on the wishlist and very appealing. They were in a 2 horse race for my next scrog and it's tempting to use this SOG grow to find a mum, but that would mean keeping it alive over summer which, after last June, I can say from experience, isn't much fun. I only do a max of 2 grows a year and the Bubba's Gift I have on doesn't look like it will see me through.

Despite my moaning, I am very grateful for your help. I'd not really looked at the Gorilla since I prefer quite heavy indys, but it certainly looks like a bit of a bell ringer. I don't normally like to mix strains, but I may have to make an exception here. I'll justify it by calling it a research project. But at least I now have just a few strains to choose from rather than the world canna-world back catalog.

Thanks folks.

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark yes if its flowered at 12 inches it produces mainly tight stick coloas if not it ends up as mine are atm little xmas trees.

Gorilla Sog Plant Sticks

large._DSC6983.jpglarge.small.jpg

large.Large.jpg

• Like 1

You're not making it any easier, you know :wallbash:. Lovely looking plants - still a few weeks to go by the look of things. Great photography btw - caught them just at the right time.

I've just had a quick look at your diary - it's just what I'm after. I'll be giving that some leisure time later . My last SOG was eons ago - not keen on plant numbers - but I'm actually looking forward to this one. Just 12 plants in NFT. I find scrogs a bit chaotic at times and growing from seed makes it even more so if you have different phenos. Hoping to relax and enjoy this one a bit more.

Thanks for your time - much appreciated.

• Like 2

anytime glad to be able to help out, I don't grow trees I prefere to build little trees. Very relaxing and rewarding.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2019 at 9:41 PM, tokenroll said:

@Dinafem-Mark yes if its flowered at 12 inches it produces mainly tight stick coloas if not it ends up as mine are atm little xmas trees.

Gorilla Sog Plant Sticks

large._DSC6983.jpglarge.small.jpg

large.Large.jpg

I thought you were the best person to ask mate :yep:

So

Gorilla 

Purps#1

Pak 

Critical Cheese :yep:

@Splinter Not an easy choice but which ever you select you won't go far wrong ;)

Maybe after this grow and your post count is up we can sponsor one of your grows ;)

Good luck with your choice mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..