CBD strains, medical use only

unity

Hi guys,

I've been talking to a friend who uses cbd for joint pains, but is paying quite a bit for it - so I thought why not just grow some and give her a stack for free :)  I plan to grow a plant, maybe chop the whole lot up and infuse into coconut oil before placing the oil into capsules for easy dosing.

So I have two questions:

1st, primarily which strains do I have to select from?  Ideally something indica so it won't take over my whole tent.  Needs to be for someone who doesn't get high, so must comply with the legal amount of thc allowed - is this <.5%?

2nd is my thought of doing a coconut oil infusion going to be the best / easiest way to get what I want?  Open to any suggestions here, so long as it doesn't involve any additional process - iso is out of the question as I don't have facilities to do a purge.

I was going to pop this in a pm to @Dinafem-Mark, but I doubt I'll be the only one to ask this, so having it here for record may prove useful to others in the future.

Cheers

• Like 3

Legally you can't even grow hemp without a licence, so no matter what strain you choose the process of growing will still be illegal. also I think the max thc level is 0.2% in the uk. 

• Like 2

<< Ganga grower here, not that fussed about the legality of the production :)  What I can't do tho is give someone who doesn't get high something that they will not be able to take & consume while at work, legally.

• Like 2

Could maybe be worth experimenting a little.. As far as the chemistry goes they shouldn't get high if they consume a raw unheated product. blended fan leaves etc could have a desired effect.   

• Like 2

@unity I've just popped some Dinamed CBD +. After some research I decided this looked best for my purposes. It's 1 % THC so not legally hemp.

Dutch Passion had a CBD only strain that looked good too, forget the name.

I was thinking of making a tincture when it's done but your coconut oil idea is a good one. 

Also like the  idea of minimising any risk of psychoactivity by not heating it during processing.

• Like 3

you have to heat the oil and bud together for a few hours @nbenja3 so you will defiantly get high if theres any thc.  

e2a: (i've never done or herd of anybody doing a cold extraction but thinking about it, if using refined coconut oil it should work but maybe will not be as effective or just different)

@unity if they dont want to be pulled up at work (testing) you want to be looking for 0 - thc really.? 

canna holds cbd in its leaves and stalks too so use the whole plant..

im sure the thc thing is a grey area..  hemp has to be 0.02 thats what our .gov and european distribution people say - but im sure i read recently that no thc is allowed with out a licence.?

coconut is the best fat to use imho, you can add another oil to aid uptake and efficiency, but that escapes me now, ill look in a bit :stoned: 

Edited by twigs
  • Like 2

@twigs it's not so much the legal side or getting tested at work, they are a non-weed user who doesn't get high,and doesn't want to (apparently they exist :)).  I was also looking at the dinafem cbd as a possibility, I just need 100% clarification that it has zero psychedelic qualities before I start growing one.

• Like 3

On 27/02/2019 at 0:43 PM, nbenja3 said:

Legally you can't even grow hemp without a licence, so no matter what strain you choose the process of growing will still be illegal. also I think the max thc level is 0.2% in the uk. 

Correct 0.23 I belive :)

All the best 

Mark..

On 27/02/2019 at 1:31 PM, unity said:

@twigs it's not so much the legal side or getting tested at work, they are a non-weed user who doesn't get high,and doesn't want to (apparently they exist :)).  I was also looking at the dinafem cbd as a possibility, I just need 100% clarification that it has zero psychedelic qualities before I start growing one.

I would go with either DinaMed CBD or DinaMed CBD plus mate. Both have a maximum of 1% THC, this is very low and should not create to much of a psychoactive effect on the user :)

Personally I would either

1 decarb the flower(45 mins at 250o f) and infuse in coconut oil for 4-6 hours, very low heat ;)

2 convert the flowers into oil. Possibly IPA oil or Rick Simpson type oil, even hash. Then add that to the coconut oil to infuse. If using oil the infusing is much faster. I tend to do 30-45 mins infusion when using extracts  ;)

Hope that helps a little buddy?

Anymore questions fire away  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

1 decarb the flower(45 mins at 250o f) and infuse in coconut oil for 4-6 hours, very low heat ;)

Cheers bro...this is exactly what I was thinking of doing, got a couple of questions if you cokd have go?

How low a temp should I run the infusion at, would a slow cooker on low be too high?

How much coconut oil would you use, relative to product?  Infuse from wet, or dry first?

I will ask if a micro dose of the good stuff is acceptable, I see the dinamed cbd is lower in thc than the cbd plus, I'll do a run of that if it seems agreeable :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2019 at 1:38 PM, unity said:

How low a temp should I run the infusion at, would a slow cooker on low be too high?

How much coconut oil would you use, relative to product?  Infuse from wet, or dry first?

:stoned: 

slow cooker is perfect on low, i heat for around 4 hours.  I also a use slow cooker for iso runs, works perfect!

for the strongest, main cannabinoid oil, decarb in oven first, then add to warmed oil for minimum 4 hours, stirring occasionally, separate with cheese cloth type filters into jars or container for further processing (adding other oils, wax, scents for topical etc) or use.

as for using wet material, the grass will heat up in the oil in slow cooker, but not to that higher temperature to turn and grab all the cannabinoids, thats why you decarb it first. now you might want to do this (fresh) to gain access to those no/low temp cannabinoides, i dont know..?   maybe do 50/50 to cover your bases.

Im not sure what the effect difference is between the two because ive never run 2 at the same time to see. i also like my oils/creams strong and eat some raw bud and mostly leaf for the raw medical effect.

people do wet/fresh extractions for a few reasons, time, flavour and trichome collection, i dont see why you cant add cannabinoid content to those reasons especially in these cbd raw/un-heated/low-heated days, but because your heating it in a slow cooker for 4 or more hours i dont know if their would be much difference in it to be honest..

You can dose with weight if you want, 1g/canna = 1ml/coco  or  10g/canna = 1ml/coco , i don't..

i chuck in around 4?ish or so oz to a couple of jars of 300 or 500ml coconut oil ..ish ..sometimes more ..sometimes less

there are dose related charts online im sure for medical and recreational uses but i just chuck in a few oz's and it works really well :stoned: 

• Like 2