Bubba76 - Soil + RDWC

Time to get this Bubba76 grow dairy going:smokin:

These are being grown out in soil so I can take cuttings to sex before taking more cuttings to go into the RDWC system, it’s just easier this way for me without having to setup a new hydro system for the 2x2 veg tent:yes:

These popped the surface on the 14th of December and out of 10 seeds popped I snapped 4 tap roots transplanting, 3 didn’t germinate so we are left with 3 plants to work with here, last time I’ll be transplanting while baked:smug:

Veg Area:

2x2 tent. 

200 watt Monsterled fixture. 

1 litre pots then potted up to 10 litre. 

Biobizz All Mix soil. 

Remo Nutrients. 

Flower Area:

4x4 tent. 

Migro 400 led. 

75 litre rdwc system by Gorillahydronponics. 

Hailea 60lpm air pump. 

Opengrow environment controller + Tankbot for auto dosing ph. 

Netatmo Home Coach for monitoring co2. 

Remo Nutrients. 

So I have already had my first bit of drama with this grow, couldn’t get near the grow for a few days and when I did this is what happened:(

large.E767A089-1D08-4265-A765-CC520E18D9A7.jpeg

27th January 

I potted them up to 10 litre pots and foliar fed a mix of Remo Velokelp, Remo Grow, B52, Diamond Nectar, URB Natural. 

Bellow is them 1 day later. 

large.DFAAE502-CE26-45C6-BBC2-4F843CE60AB5.jpeg

28th January 

large.C1ADC53E-1A29-4F10-91B0-A66F169728C0.jpeg

28th January 

large.72F64C54-2AC2-4EF9-91F2-429DB1137CC6.jpeg

28th January 

I continued with this foliar feed and they got just plain tap water when watering. 

The below pics were taken on Monday 4th February and they bounced back pretty good:yes:

large.F7821484-DB67-491C-B016-125AFFE3C14D.jpeg

large.845BA93D-88FF-4EAC-B0CA-713A109B07C3.jpeg

large.DDAA14A4-41A0-4027-B2A2-7F2EDDF461B2.jpeg

large.982B7CA7-3C59-4164-A1B1-525518DA095A.jpeg

large.10560528-E3E4-4BA3-9550-629FF84F2944.jpeg

I’m messing around with little plant bends you can see in the pics just to see how they do at spreading the plants out a bit, I’ll be using these to train the clones that go into the rdwc system. 

Well thats it for now,

@HSO-Mark I’ll be keeping this diary up to date mate unlike the last one:skin_up:

Edited by Crentz
  • Like 5

well it looks like you have done a good save job  on these already, they looked doomed in the first pic. to be honest.

How much longer do you plan vegging before taking cuts? another week or two?

• Like 2

funny mate i just had my bubba 76 out looking at them, big old seeds aint they compered to the other 3 strains. 

ive put 3 p yeti f3 and 3 gift of fire f2 to crack, your bubba 76 have turned around a treat, i would give them a little kelp in there water at say 2ml per liter, that with spraying them with kelp will green them up a treat. canni beet seaweed for veg. and stressed plants. as you know mate. all the best with the grow and i hope you get a girl or 2 of the bubbas to play with. :oldtoker:

il pull up a chair for your grow. :yinyang:

• Like 2

@badbillybob thanks mate,

I’m going to give them another week then take a few cuts for sexing;)

The whole soil growing thing is new to me so anyone who wants to come in with any advice it’s welcome. 

@smokie1 b c f c Thanks for the tips. 

I gave them a feed just now with Micro, grow, bloom, Velokelp, URB Natural and calmag, they were showing a slight mag deficiency. 

Interested to see how you get on with the Gift of Fire I’ll be running it after this run, and yeah I noticed that too with the Bubba76 seeds:yep:

Here they are today

large.CB55483C-4D52-4247-B0A8-07E4E7C54F7C.jpeg

large.A76C2067-60B0-4267-8C18-73C53289681B.jpeg

• Like 4

@Crentz I have been following along via Instagram mate :yep:

Not the best start but they have made a very nice recovery  ;)

What age are they now mate?

It maybe easier to flip to 12/12 to sex rather than take cuts, root then sex?

Just a thought buddy :bong:

Thanks for getting a seperate diary going for the Bubba76 :yep: let's see what they can do  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

@HSO-Mark They are two months old now mate, above ground since the 14th of December. 

I’ve purposely tried to keep these small as they will be mother plants and space is at a premium in the 2x2, I have three Bubba76 and three Sweet Zkittlez in there:yep:

Two of the Bubba76 have shown sex in veg already and are confirmed females, the last Bubba is just starting to show sex and I’m 90% sure it’s female;)

I’m really happy I don’t have to sex these now makes life a whole lot easier:yes:

Here’s a couple of pics today of one of the Bubba76 females, really loving the structure on this lady really nice tight node spacing:)

large.07080AD2-4536-49A7-88FE-D6F0062B5F93.jpeg

large.40A81C79-48A0-4F49-A804-A3E057CC9D98.jpeg

• Like 3

On 14/02/2019 at 7:37 PM, Crentz said:

Two of the Bubba76 have shown sex in veg already and are confirmed females, the last Bubba is just starting to show sex and I’m 90% sure it’s female;)

3/3 females, result  :yep:

On 14/02/2019 at 7:37 PM, Crentz said:

I have three Bubba76 and three Sweet Zkittlez in there:yep:

In the 2x2 space mate it's going to get a bit cramped imo so I can see why your keeping things as low as possible  :bong:

I must say they are staying super short, very little stretch and very little spacing between them nodes ;)

Looking good buddy :yep:

How much longer will you veg these ladies mate or will you be keeping mothers and taking cuts?

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark I took cuttings last night mate:yep:

I was planning to let the Sweet Zkittlez catch up and flower 2 along with 2 Bubba76 in the rdwc system but it would  take some time so I decided against it, it will be a full run of Bubba76 from clones with three different cuts. 

I’ll have to run two cuts of the strongest plant to fill the system though;)

Hopefully they will root within the next 7 to 10 days then away we go again:yes:

It will be easier running just one strain and I’ll Flower the Sweet Zkittlez in the 2x2 in small pots to see what they are like. 

Edited by Crentz
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Crentz said:

I took cuttings last night mate:yep:

I thought that was the route you would take mate :bong:

7-10 day's and you should have some freshly rooted babies on hour hands ;)

Will they be going in the Gorilla dwc system buddy? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

@HSO-Mark 

Yeah straight into the system when rooted then top fed until the roots drop down:yep:

Looking forward to this run, second time running the rdwc system so everything is dialled in now and we have a strain that doesn’t want to bust out of the top of the tent:D

Have to play around with setting up the Tankbot for auto dosing ph up/down, probe in the main control bucket for monitoring ph, EC and water temps. 

Edited by Crentz
  • Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 10:19 PM, Crentz said:

Have to play around with setting up the Tankbot for auto dosing ph up/down, probe in the main control bucket for monitoring ph, EC and water temps

Sounds like you have a bit of experimental fun ahead mate ;)

Going to be very cool when you get all the bells and whistles hooked up  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

@HSO-Mark Not really to report on mate. 

All the cuts have rooted now and I have selected the best four to go into the rdwc system:yep:

Just waiting on replacement RO filters to arrive and we can get the show on the road, should have them Monday or Tuesday:)

Had some ph problems with the mother plants after taking cuttings but it’s not a big deal because I won’t have room for them soon, I’ll take more cuts off the Bubba’s in the rdwc before I flip. 

• Like 2

On 03/03/2019 at 10:01 AM, Crentz said:

All the cuts have rooted now and I have selected the best four to go into the rdwc system:yep:

That's good news brother :)

On 03/03/2019 at 10:01 AM, Crentz said:

Just waiting on replacement RO filters to arrive and we can get the show on the road, should have them Monday or Tuesday:)

Can't wait mate. It should be a good show ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

great news on them all being girls mate. i was looking online this morning at a few grows of these seeds on the grow diary forum i think it was, the bubba 76 i seen and the gift of fires where superb looking buds, there is a video online of sum lad and his platinum yetis and gift of fire plus a few bubba 76. the bubba 76 and gift of fires where the smallest, but with big fat buds and very tight internodes. i cant wait for mine to be in flower. ive taken pics on my phone but my laptop isnt letting me copy and paste my pics, my windows keeps crashing as there sending my pics:wallbash:im gonna try again now ive freed up some hard drive space. i really want to show them off too. :yep:

in off to try again with pics, all the best crenz

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@smokie1 b c f c I have seen a few nice grows on Instagram with the Bubba76:yep:

These are really slow taking off in veg, the clones went into the rdwc system with a nice root structure. 

large.6091DE36-F794-4611-87B3-C501A3D7C707.jpeg

They just didn’t seem to want to bush out much at all, I let them gain a little bit of height then topped them back down. 

large.A161A7C0-88BA-4978-B03D-33E022E95B79.jpeg

This is my favourite cut at the moment. 

large.28B7E623-619A-436F-AEDA-64DA5C19E136.jpeg

large.F064839A-8462-43D8-9222-90513B650EB3.jpeg

Started growing shrooms for Microdosing, 

Took 0.5 grams my first time thinking this was a small dose and ended up on a nice little trip for a few hours:D

• Like 3