Best vape for tiny amounts of weed

BigM

On 21/01/2019 at 2:22 PM, cypher79 said:

Temp control is a 1-10 dial, and you have to order it from the US (and you need to buy a £10 voltage adapter too)

Can you recommend a converter?  Saw one but poor reviews, load buzzing  noise.

12 hours ago, BigM said:

Can you recommend a converter?  Saw one but poor reviews, load buzzing  noise.

Just go on eBay and type 'step down USA to UK converter'....mines exactly the same as all the mercury ones that will show up, never had any issues at all with mine in all the years I've had it, deffo no noise either.

On 21/01/2019 at 4:46 PM, bazil brush said:

not desktop but if you only want little hits the storz bickel mighty is very good, i dont know why i still do joints, my bro only uses this and every time i hit it its like its stronger than a joint.

I would agree with the above.. :yep:

Mrs Madgiz has cut her consumption down from 1oz a week to a 1/8 just by swapping out neat joints for the mighty..

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@BigM Mighty all the way! I've tried so many others and none come close for ease of use, low maintainance and ability to micro dose IMO. 

Get the dosing capsule kit with it. Each one takes 0.2g of bud. A coarse grind works better IMO. I prefill 8 at a time and it goes with me everywhere. When a capsule is done it goes back in the caddy and leaves no mess in the chamber. I empty yesterday's capsules and refill over a coffee in the morning, a ritual I've come to really enjoy. I generally clean the cooling head once a week (easy) and have never had to clean the chamber when using the dosing caps. 

The only thing I didn't like it about the Mighty initially was the draw. Felt a bit loose as if designed for the seasoned bong ripper. Simple fix by swapping the gauze in the cooling head for a finer one (included in the pack). 

I've tried others that are slightly better flavour-wise but a nightmare to maintain. The Mighty really has changed my life and my relationship with the good herb. 

You won't be sorry if you get one. 

Edited by Barry Quest
Spelling and grammar
  • Like 1

@Barry Quest thank you for the advice.  I'll be purchasing the might in the next couple of weeks.  I saw the capsules, I like the look of them a lot.  You say they take  .2, can they be filled with less?

What temperatures do you use?  Good at 180?

@BigM Putting less in the capsules as they are doesn't work so well, it's better to have them packed.

You can reduce the loading size of the dosing capsules to 0.1g if you halve one of the mesh 'liquid pads' designed to be used with the dosing caps!

I find 180°C good for tasting and early morning sessions with indicas - THC and CBD is released while keeping the cannabinoids/terps with sedative and analgesic properties at bay. 

However, I much prefer vaping for the most of the time at 205°C to get the CBN (sedative), Beta-caryophyllene (anti-anxiety, anti-fungal) and Linalool (anti-psychotic) especially with Sativas and Sativa dominant hybrids. These strains at 180°C can send my anxiety through the roof. 

I smoked joints for decades. I toyed with vaping weed for a long time and found that I still hankered for the satisfaction of a joint in the late evening. It wasn't until I pushed the vape temperature up that I could truly move away from combustion. 

All the best 

• Like 2

@Barry Quest that is interesting what you said about vaping the high thc at 205.  Are the terpines you mention still present at the lower temperature?  I assume it is when the temps get closer to 250 that the terp drop off?

I'm growing high cbd strains for anxiety and high thc would certainly send my anxiety up too.  So, If I had a high thc weed, blast it at the higher temps it would not give me anxiety?  Does the cbn really knock you to sleep?

@BigM A lot of it depends on the strain. There's terps present throughout the temp range, all with different effects. At the highest temp before combustion point you'd be releasing the effects of all the terpenes, but not necessarily tasting them so well. I've got a good chart somewhere on my computer at home. Will try and find it after gardening duties later. 

I couldn't say that any specific strain vaped at a higher temp wouldn't give you anxiety. Saying that, CBN (185°C) is believed to break down THC a little and have a calming effect so personally I wouldn't go lower than this if you're prone to anxiety. I don't find it puts me to sleep at this temp unless I'm vaping a heavy Indica that's been flowered for a long time. 

It's all very subjective and speculative. The fact that you're growing a high CBD strain is probably the most important factor in combating anxiety with weed. Have a good play around with your Mighty when you get it. You'll soon find what works best for you. 

Hope this was some help! 

Edited by Barry Quest

• 1 month later...

Salutations Mr Rhino,

On 3/24/2019 at 5:29 AM, mr rhino said:

Vapcaps are brilliant for tiny amounts!

The DynaVap VapCap "1-Hitter" consumption method may prove efficient at dealing with tiny bowls IMHO its energy budget still remains an issue which translates into some real risk for an operator's skin, which i consider as a confirmation that it could be reduced about 5-fold if only its design weren't based on brute force alone.  It just takes a bit of rational planning to trim down temporary energy storage so it will match its final cannabic workload - and that's certainly NOT supposed to blow everything all at once in a single toke, quite on the contrary:  i'd recommend targeting trichome-rich contact-surfaces using pulse-heating mode instead.

So, what's required to address such designer challenge is to find "an edge" and i think related IH-driven enthousiasts slowly gain partial perspective on possible eventual solutions (...), though i got to doubt DynaVap's concept can fully adapt to cover the whole range of desirable applications:  for example the pretention that it may provide access to "Micro-Dosing" sounds much like a far stretch to me - but at least it's got the merit to be an existing trend.  In any case be patient with the VapCap where only the exposed spiral surface actually converts conductive/radiative heat into a somewhat proper mix of convective/radiative/conductive vectors, with lots of emphasis put on its clicking feature while the non-exposed spiral surface generates a skin-burning nuisance serving little or no useful purpose at all.

It's work-in-progress i guess and judging by its past i'd suggest giving it a few more years unless a few "3rd eyes" have opened, or perhaps expect yet another decade shall be necessary to sort it out...

Brute force which translates into wasted energy feels most incompatible with portability objectives, so i believe some serious correction of strategy still awaits ahead.  But i'm afraid to admit such problem got actually solved a long time ago anyway.

large.5c87e9fe72b2b_Egzosets6thYearDuoofCust.VGPipes(2019-Mar-7)985x400.PNG

It's already been done before, just not yet.  Now think Inlet Water and forget fancy pocket-size glassware!...

Good day, have fun!!  :hippy:

The Vapcap is not quite a one hitter , I get three or so tokes per bowl, never damaged my skin lol ... @Egzoset looks interesting what you have done , by chance have you used a  Vapcap ?:oldtoker: