Metastatic Breast Cancer

Slugums

16 hours ago, vortex said:

hi there mate , i know how you feel brother ,,,   my mam in law was diagnosed with the same thing allmost 2 years ago... ive tried guerilla growing to get enough bud to knock her some oil up, but unfortunatly both grows were disasterous ....  so im out there AGAIN this spring hoping i get a good one this year ,,,

wishing her and all the family  the very best wishes ,,,  stay strong and tell her to never give up hope mate .....

Thanks for that mate, I hope your mother in law is doing well and is stable.

Its early days here, just diagnosed and about to begin treatment, though we don't know with what just yet. Mrs S and myself are about to head over to spend a bit of time with them. Thankfully, after a panic/misunderstanding where my mum in law thought she had less than a year, the prognosis is not so grim but we know very little until the tests come in and her response to treatment is known.

Good luck with your Spring grow mate, seems to me like you deserve a good result.

:v:

• Like 2

Some helpful links...

https://www.uttbio.com/treating-breast-cancer-with-cannabis-why-the-treatment-must-match-the-classification/

Important point here is "However, they caution, the ratios of the tumor-busting cannabinoids THC and CBD must be matched to the classification of breast cancer—with certain kinds of breast cancer, namely those that are estrogen-positive, the tumor will actually grow if too much THC is used"

Research has shown that PR+, HER2-positive, and triple-negative breast cancers can be effectively treated with cannabis. The protocols recommended by doctors we work with tend to have high THC-to-CBD ratios, often around 4:1.

Cancers that involve estrogen, however, may actually spread in response to large amounts of THC. Patients with ER+ or triple-positive breast cancer do better with lower ratios of THC to CBD—a ratio 1:1 or 1:3 is preferable, according to doctors and patients we’ve spoken with.

https://labiotech.eu/sponsored/legalization-medical-cannabis/

Germany has one of the strictest narcotic drugs laws in Europe. In my opinion, if the German Federal Administrative Court hadn’t made a very specific decision, then the changes in legislation would never have been made. But through a chain of unforeseeable events, the following occurred:

One of the patients who had received the exemption from the BfArM, started growing his own cannabis at home, stating that the exemption included not only the purchase, but also the cultivation of cannabis. When BfArM sent him a cease and desist order, he took the issue to court.

In the last instance, the court ruled in his favour. This meant that all people who had previously received an exemption from BfArM would be able to legally grow cannabis at home. As this ruling would have resulted in a loss of control by the BfArM and in extension the government, cannabis was legalized for medical use and the complete control over cultivation and distribution returned to the government.

• Like 1

no mate , the mam in laws is a  agressive strain and is spreading like wildfire .... last scan showed its now got to her brain .... thats why im trying to get a grow .... trim etc to get some oil made for her asap ....

i have done loads of studying her cancer and ive also read that a 1;1  up to a 1;3  type strain is  the best to use .... 

get some oil in her  asap mate .....

• Like 2

I was intrested in what Paul Staments the mushroom expert had to say about 'turkey tail' mushrooms and the story of his mothers battle with breast cancer Id like to see more supporting evidence for it tbf before getting my hopes up, he says if used as part of the treatment it dramatically increases success rates He isnt the first person to suggest their positive effects for fighting cancer but I dont think they rated their effectivness as highly as Stanents does. Its intriging nevertheless

• Like 3

Hi @Slugums! Really sorry to hear mate, I hope she can survive this horrible disease.                                                                                                                            I wish for her recovery and hope you and the mrs are well too.  :yinyang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluntz27 said:

Hi @Slugums! Really sorry to hear mate, I hope she can survive this horrible disease.                                                                                                                            I wish for her recovery and hope you and the mrs are well too.  :yinyang:

Thanks mate! Very kind of you... Aside from worry, all's well here... Hope all is very well with you and yours.

@greensprout @Kickstand thanks for the links and thoughts on fungai - I have a friend in Spain who is a bit of an amateur mycologist, so I'll be looking into that!

@vortex wishing you all the very best of luck mate.

Many thanks to everyone for your kindness and shared thoughts/advice - my in-laws have become very keen on CBD's for its theraputic potential and I am sure we can talk them around to looking further into info and experiences shared here regards a potentially more robust approach...

Good health and happiness to you and yours!

Edited by Slugums
Too many R's...
  • Like 3