up cycle project help required

ok so its not my 6 x 6 green house that i was hopeing for lol getting that at the end of march aprial But i did gwet a rather interesting poly carbonate 40 x 40 x 160 it house's 2 7.5 litre pots no issues. 

The plan re base the bottom of it as thats rotted away and re do a couple of the seems (were the poly carb joins the wood ) would it be worth putting some vents in for better air circulation if so where thanks in advance large.IMG_20190116_111441_edit.jpg

You'll need some vents. That will get very hot if it sits in full sun. Outdoor plants can take really high temps and seem to love it. I've had my greenhouse at 45c! Are you planning a couple of autos?

Surely the poly carbonate will take a small self taper screw. 

Try drilling a small pilot hole 1-3mm and screw in a self taper. If it works you could just cut out a vent hole size and location of your choosing.

get a pair of furniture hinges and screw them down one side with self tapers.

Screw a small piece of wood on the underside opposite the hinges to prevent it falling inwards.

then you can open and close the vent when needed.

A jigsaw or hand saw would be a bonus.

Failing that hat you could bolt the vent on using 3-4mm bolt and nut, maybe some washers.

these bolts are widely available in iron mongers stores maybe even in department stores electrical dept.

Edited by Kipper420

@Kipper420 nice one dude thats a good idea actually my chippy has said that he was going to brace it for me no issues i may get him to have a look while hes on it i plan to do some runner beans and toms up the side and back of it on the outisde. To act as a natural discies :) so ill get my chippy to se if he can knock something up for me. (im a bit cack handed u see ) hence haveing some one else do it for me