DIY Quantum board LED?? Possible or not?

Magicmunchietree

Hi all

After completing two consecutive grow diaries on here I am at the point now of looking to change a couple of lighting aspects in my room, you can see my lighting set up on any of my sigs below. But as a long story put short, in my loft room, (which has a grow space of 2.3m wide, 1m long with lights hanging at 1.8m high), I am currently using a 400w Meizhi unit for the left hand side of my space, with a 600w HPS in the middle raised slightly higher due to hot spots they give, with a MARS 600w  on the right side of the room. After using these lights now for 2 grows on the bounce now my findings are that the MARS light is crap and kicks out popcorn IMO. The meizhi grows well in the middle of its footprint but does not give a high enough par in the corners of its footprint, so nice buds in the middle but popcorn again on the outside, but with the HPS next to it gives good crossover and this is where the best colas are formed. 

Now, as a skint northerner I cannot afford top dog equipment (like the Gammablaster or a KIND), but I do okay. I am looking into the possibility of upgrading my setup and want to know if making a quantum board or an equivalent of these is possible to do in the UK right now? Or at bare minimum a unit that can replace the MARS bar piece of turd. Longer term, I also want to get the HPS out there before the summer comes as lofts get really hot, and while winter is manageable for keeping temps up with the HPS and a heater, summertime I need the coolest units I can run. So me and a friend are looking at learning how to make a unit, I am aware I can buy QB's online, but does anybody know how to, or if its possible right now? Ive seen them in action and they do look good, but what would the cost of the parts be to supply and run in a 2m x 1m area? This would be for flowering only, given a week or so of veg time, but I have another cab for that.

So thats where Im at, or do I just buy that big ass kingbo unit on amazon lol?

At this stage, any information would be useable right now, if you need to see my setup the critical orange punch diray is the lastest and you can see the dimensions/space I run this hobby in.

Thanks for your time in reading.

Peace

MMT