WW XXL autos

The_Ibex

Just wanted to put a few pics of how my plants are looking after 35 days.

This is only my 2nd grow and first with autos. 

Ive been doing my best to follow @blackpoolbouncer excellent diary. Doing this training malarkey is very addictive.  Got myself the orange buckets haha. These 5 are in bio-bizz all mix but I’m about to pop 4 more seeds in Clover Multi Purpose. I thought these 5 would be a lot wider but I’m not on that level yet so that’s why I’m planting another 4 seeds. To fill them holes in the tent. 

Suffered a bit with cal issues (soft water) but I think it’s under control now hopefully. There was a few yellow tips on new growth on two of the plants early on about 21 days but that’s stopped now as well. 

large.DFEFA2C1-3542-4832-A93F-219EAD826928.jpeglarge.A023E607-31D5-4CC7-AA39-B416D49A7A1D.jpeglarge.5E170513-D969-4CD5-A3E3-1DCC9F937830.jpeglarge.20042C26-A0B6-466A-885A-E86681AA0EFA.jpeg

• Like 14

They’re lovely looking plants pal. Excellent work on the training too, which should give you a really nice result brother.

• Like 2

Another @blackpoolbouncer inspired grow ;)

35 days in and looking in tip top shape :yep:

Beautiful structure, lots of nice buds being formed with plenty more time to pack that weight on  ;)

Looking good my friend and thank you showing your Dinafem adventure on UK420  :bong:

I'll keep dropping in as you update  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

On 18/01/2019 at 8:51 PM, bluntz27 said:

Loved the xxl ww :skin_up:

That's what we like to hear  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been a few weeks now and we’re on day 52. Here’s the thing. I think that 4 of the 5 are ready. On the dinafem site it says 80 days @Dinafem-Mark ? 

Its only my second grow but the buds are massive already and the trichomes look all cloudy and even a bit of amber :mellow: 

Could this be possible? Or do I not have a clue? Haha

Does anyone know? Don’t want to cut too early obviously but also I don’t wanna over cook them so to speak

The first two pics are from 20 mins ago. The plant shots are from last week

e2a they could be 59 days not 52 :smokin:

large.5C2D32DE-EDD2-448E-B371-DAA5BD0B2620.jpeglarge.15A1E015-E688-4186-BDEC-73CCD13A7472.jpeg

large.65F4EC39-2D12-43A8-B935-2EE2711DD86D.jpeglarge.61BB65DB-1FFA-4DC5-B78D-1A65779F9C23.jpeglarge.12F97AE8-8150-4B45-88CD-7AD7887912B5.jpeg

Edited by KarlPilkington1
  • Like 4

They've got a couple of weeks left in them yet mate.

They're still growing then they will 'swell' to give you the nice firm boulders ww is known for.

Looking at trichs on the leaves can be a little misleading.

I normally go till the hairs stop coming and the calyx (base of each hair) swells into a little ball.

All the little balls together give you the desired bud structure 

• Like 2

Thanks @stu sleeper 20vt Them plant pics are from about 10 days ago. The buds a massive now. The only thing that worries me was the trichomes tonight do look like a few are amber. But I have got an untrained eye. Thanks for the info mate

• Like 1

Just going of the pictures you are close but still have another 10-14 day's before harvest :yep:

Your at day 60 now, typically White widow auto xxl is a 75-85 day strain but I have seen some grows completed in 70 day's  :bong: which would put you bang on track ;)

Do you have a loupe or scope to check the trichomes out more closely? 

17 hours ago, KarlPilkington1 said:

The only thing that worries me was the trichomes tonight do look like a few are amber.

As those trichomes are maturing they will start to turn Amber. What type of high are you looking for in the end product? 

I like around 15% Amber, 75% cloudy with roughly 5-10% still clear  ;)

Everything looks on track to me but you maybe finished slightly faster than anticipated  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

Hi @Dinafem-Mark thanks for the reply. The first two pics are took with a loupe. I’d rather have a more head high not all couch lock. There are quiet a few Amber trichomes on 4 of the 5 plants. But there’s also quiet a few clear ones with about 50% milky. 

I never knew you got amber trichomes whilst some were still clear. I thought they all went milky first, then amber.

The buds are probably 30% bigger than on them pics above

thanks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KarlPilkington1 said:

Hi @Dinafem-Mark thanks for the reply. The first two pics are took with a loupe. I’d rather have a more head high not all couch lock. There are quiet a few Amber trichomes on 4 of the 5 plants. But there’s also quiet a few clear ones with about 50% milky. 

I never knew you got amber trichomes whilst some were still clear. I thought they all went milky first, then amber.

The buds are probably 30% bigger than on them pics above

thanks

Trichomes are always being produced throughout the flower cycle so you can still get some clear trichomes  ;)

With only 50% milky you've still got another 10 day's to go ;)

Those buds will fill out more and trichomes will start to mature :bong:

For the type of high you are looking for I would not go much more than 20% amber, 75% cloudy with only 5% still clear  :bong:

That should be a perfect combination for your needs :bong:

I'll keep dropping in as harvest approaches  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..