Quiet circulation fan advice

BigM

So just as an update on the £120 18" Tornado DC pedestal fan i bought, so obviously not cheap at about 4 x standard Argos pedestal fan price, but if noise and vibrations are a concern then they are worth it imo, it is very quiet air movement and the DC motor is virtually silent, it has 6 speed settings which helps dial in the required air speeds.

I like the fact that the remote control works from another room, i can be downstairs and change speed, swing settings etc etc.

The only negative i have noticed is that if used with a segmental on/off timer it wont turn back on onto a running position so it turns back on but it isn't actually spinning.

I have only had it for a couple weeks so i can't say how long it will last but it is heavy and seems very well built !!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive struggled with this myself. Interesting to see these expensive fans as a solution didnt know they existed.

Here was my solution; I upgraded my duct fans to those new phresh ones, over rated for the room and had the intake ducting pointed down right in the middle of the room with a diffuser on it. got the airflow moving really well and super quiet.