quick critical +starting to flower in 18/6

Billbillbill

Oh hi mark

I have recently tried some quick critical+ ,it was fantastic as usual, around 80-90% of the grow had some great  phenotypes but i narrowed it down to the three phenotypes that just stood out ,i mothered them in 12lair pots, but around 4 weeks into the veg they have started flowering ,normally i would chalk this up to be  a random seed but i had 3 different phenos,   not only that my friend took four  diffrent phenoes that where more short(indica side- hes in a loft ) but he had the same issue around week 4-6 veg ,i have only ever used dinafem seeds i wouldn't change them because  i have always hit my target of around 450-590g per 600w from seed:naughty:,in my opinion critical2.0 is probably the best /easiest plant ive ever grown .ive whatsapped dinafem if you would like to see the pictures/vid if the flowering mothers, they told me to e mail tec support but i thought i could bypass that and msg you :) direct .(sneaky)

once again i dont want to give dinafem bad press i think there the best seeds you can grow  .

but i just dont want anybody going through this it sets you back a bit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billbillbill said:

Oh hi mark

I have recently tried some quick critical+ ,it was fantastic as usual, around 80-90% of the grow had some great  phenotypes but i narrowed it down to the three phenotypes that just stood out ,i mothered them in 12lair pots, but around 4 weeks into the veg they have started flowering ,normally i would chalk this up to be  a random seed but i had 3 different phenos,   not only that my friend took four  diffrent phenoes that where more short(indica side- hes in a loft ) but he had the same issue around week 4-6 veg ,i have only ever used dinafem seeds i wouldn't change them because  i have always hit my target of around 450-590g per 600w from seed:naughty:,in my opinion critical2.0 is probably the best /easiest plant ive ever grown .ive whatsapped dinafem if you would like to see the pictures/vid if the flowering mothers, they told me to e mail tec support but i thought i could bypass that and msg you :) direct .(sneaky)

once again i dont want to give dinafem bad press i think there the best seeds you can grow  .

but i just dont want anybody going through this it sets you back a bit 

Hi brother and firstly happy New year  :yep:

Is this from a pack of seeds mate or from clones? 

If it's from seed We definitely have an issue. Other members have grown Quick Critical very successfully and I've not herd if any flowering with out the light flip.

Let me know if this is a seed issue mate and we can go from there :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

happy new year to you to

from seed 10x3 

the seed grow was fine but when i took cuttings the mothers started flowering 

i started to panic because i dident want this two happen to me ,i started searching to see if this has happened to anybody else, i found this guy who also had a problem with the strain ,i think im just going to stick with my good old reliable 2.0 cutting ,i love dinafem seeds but i do think there might be a problem if its happening all over 

have a nice night mark :)

Edited by Billbillbill
add more
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Billbillbill said:

happy new year to you to

from seed 10x3 

the seed grow was fine but when i took cuttings the mothers started flowering 

i started to panic because i dident want this two happen to me ,i started searching to see if this has happened to anybody else, i found this guy who also had a problem with the strain ,i think im just going to stick with my good old reliable 2.0 cutting ,i love dinafem seeds but i do think there might be a problem if its happening all over 

have a nice night mark :)

This is very strange and something I need to pass to the boss as something is not right.

If this was direct from seed I would have said it's a mix up and the wrong genetics were packaged. This would be very unlikely. As this is happening from a tried and tested mother and the cutting are flowering and the mother under (18/6) something is definitely going on and I need to seak some advice from our breeding team :yep:

Let me see what I can find out buddy ;)

Just one question. Have you done a full run with no issues and this is run no2?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

This is very strange and something I need to pass to the boss as something is not right.

If this was direct from seed I would have said it's a mix up and the wrong genetics were packaged. This would be very unlikely. As this is happening from a tried and tested mother and the cutting are flowering and the mother under (18/6) something is definitely going on and I need to seak some advice from our breeding team :yep:

Let me see what I can find out buddy ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

yes the first run was fine no hermies

a few small plants 

but the cuttings that i mothered  started flowering before i could take cuttings from them.

mabie its a ressesive gene ,just a thought im shore the chaps at dinafem will figure it out :yep:

thank you mark much appreciated

• Like 1

Some semi autos won't stay in veg, most likely due to the auto gene. I've got a cut of maverick that I grew outdoors last summer, this also has auto in it and it's refusing to veg under 24h light! 

It's like they are still day sensitive but it's just delayed a lot. 

• Like 4

On 04/01/2019 at 10:38 PM, Billbillbill said:

yes the first run was fine no hermies

a few small plants 

but the cuttings that i mothered  started flowering before i could take cuttings from them.

mabie its a ressesive gene ,just a thought im shore the chaps at dinafem will figure it out :yep:

thank you mark much appreciated

It's something we are looking into mate. I can't do to much as most of the team are just coming back from the Xmas break. As soon as I have an answer I'll be in touch and update this thread.

I have seen the issue as @beezee is describing where none autos with autoflowering genetics in the make up just refuse to enter bloom. This is totally different and yes, as Quick Critical has ruderalis in its make up it could be a recessive trait that is showing up in the of spring and not the parent plant.

It's a strange one and we will look very deep into this :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

have seen the issue as @beezee is describing where none autos with autoflowering genetics in the make up just refuse to enter bloom. This is totally different and yes, as Quick Critical has ruderalis in its make up it could be a recessive trait that is showing up in the of spring and not the parent plant.

You've got that the wrong way round mark, semi autos can refuse to stay in veg. Mine is trying to flower under 24h light when it should be in full on veg mode. :yep:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, beezee said:

You've got that the wrong way round mark, semi autos can refuse to stay in veg. Mine is trying to flower under 24h light when it should be in full on veg mode. :yep:

@beezee Sorry mate I miss read :)

I have seen where some autos just won't bloom under 24/0 or even 18/6 and need that 12/12 to start. This is quite rare though. 

I'm not familiar with the "maverick " strain. Can I ask Did you acquire the strain in a cut form? or grow out a plant from seed and this is occurring with the clone/offspring? 

Thanks buddy and sorry about this misreading  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I'm not familiar with the "maverick " strain. Can I ask Did you acquire the strain in a cut form? or grow out a plant from seed and this is occurring with the clone/offspring? 

It's originally from 'da bean co' but I got seeds from a friend. I grew these out last season and the clone I have is from one of those plants. 

5 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

beezee Sorry mate I miss read :)

Easy mistake to make, I've seen plenty of reports of autos not autoing too :yep:

• Like 1

On 09/01/2019 at 2:14 AM, Billbillbill said:

once again thank you mark 

beezee thanks for the info mate nice to know its happened  to someone else 

Not a problem my friend. I'm just waiting for the breeding team to get back. Quite busy but I'll get to the bottom of the issue  :yep:

Thanks for your patience mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Not a problem my friend. I'm just waiting for the breeding team to get back. Quite busy but I'll get to the bottom of the issue  :yep:

Thanks for your patience mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Were you able to find out? I was boasting this strain to my friend, as I need a good fast commercial strain right now.

He was saying the same thing that some semi auto’s (I tried to explain it’s not REALLY a semi auto, the selection should be photoperiod and easy to identify) can bloom and not veg.

I’ve ran a lot of Dinafem strains and always get what I am told so I’m confident the gene pool isn’t like that.

I want to order 500 QC+ and run them sog, trying to find a true 6 week strain with massive yield for sog. 

It would be disappointing if I can’t reveg/keep the selections.

• Like 2