Help needed..Considering vaping but haven't a clue

Wusta16

Hi all.

I am a new member and this is my 1st post.

I'm an experienced toker of over 25 yrs.I'm just recovering from a bout of the flu/chest infection which has wiped the floor with me for the last 7 days & prevented me from smoking anything.I only smoke joints admittedly with tobacco-which I hate but that's how I was taught back in my teens but this last wk has got me thinking I want to stop using the fags full stop.I can t smoke pure joints all the time-1 because I can't afford to with the price of high grade being what it is & 2 I have a young family which keeps me busy & smoking pure I'd get sweet f.a done.

So I'm considering trying vaping..it's not something I have done before & I have zero knowledge of where to start as iv only ever smoked in a joint,pipe or bong so would like to ask you guys for some help.

I may go down the route of both oil & dry herb vaping.Id like whatever pipe/pen i get to be portable,descreet(not too big),electric/rechargable & of good quality.im not looking to be spending £ 2/300 on 1 unit but understand to get 1 which is half decent I will have to spend more than £30/40.The taste of my stuff is my main interest.I may be able to get strain flavoured thc carts so that is an option.

Any reccomendations,help & advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated .Thanks .

I got a vape the other day, it is proper stealthy compared to the old methods, but them cartridges dont last long.  Also still makes you cough.  I also smoked spliffs for years and now have dodgy lungs too.  I don't smoke bacci any more, and I typically smoke a bong.  You say smoking it neat costs, but if you give up the nicotine I think you will find yourself smoking a lot less - cos a small amount will get you stoned and you will not have the craving for fags aking you keep lighting up.

I think it is a lot better to eat it really, save the lungs.  I still love a smoke though, and I am only just getting to grow my own... I think if I can supply myself then I will definitely be exploring rosin, oils, vape and edibles a lot more.  Fuck knows how much money we have spend on weed through the years, mate, time to put some seeds in the dirt:cowboy:

• Like 3

Hey Dude,

I have  Silver Surfer for daily use, and a Volcano for group use. Those are the desktops I'd recommend. 

For portable, I'd recommend a flame power unit as they can achieve temps that would sucker punch most portable batteries. I have a DynaVap M 2018 model, a VapMan and a Firefly. The DynaVap took over from the VapMan which died after a few years use.

A water tool, ie, bong, is a must have, especially if you use the portables at home. A water pipe can transform a portable vapes output significantly. 

Those are the only ones I own, so can't comment on others, except to reiterate the benefit of a flame powered portable over a battery unit.  The DynaVap is only £49 btw, and can hit like a desktop unit, with a water pipe, of course :)

• Like 2

Hi mate, 

I invested in a mighty not too long ago and it is a brilliant piece of kit but its the top end of the market at 300 quid, doesnt get used as often as it should either! You can get a flowermate V2.0 for about 60 quid which is what I had before the mighty and that did the trick in terms of getting you high but the draw was a bit restricted. 

The only thing i'd say coming from smoking is that the flavours all taste a bit lemony when you first start but if you keep using it you can tell the difference between say a kush and a haze but its not as pronounced as it is when you smoke a joint. 

I've had some THC vape cartridges off the dark net, they were all shocking tbh they got you stoned but left you with a headache afterwords and after about a week the thc would seperate from the PG or VG. Its something to do with it not emulsifying properly you cant get it to stay mixed or so I've read. My mate makes his own vape cartridges with his own BHO though and mixes it with some plant based terpines and that is pretty shit hot. But I'm still of the opinion you don't know whats in the terps coz unless you import them from the US/Canada they aint coming from the plant we love.

The vape pens are cheap as chips 16 quid or something, its just having access to reliable cartridges thats the issue! 

I smoke pure these days just a few tokes then dock it out. Gave up the fags 2 years ago and not had a chest infection since! (touch wood!)

Edited by coldroom
  • Like 1

Hey man, I have had a plenty for the last 4 months and used that daily for med purposes. Closest thing to smoking and it is really well made.

I have researched alot recently on vapes as I'm looking for another desktop vape. As I'm going to need to do this for life I'm personally going for a flowerpot which is top end. The other  I considered was the cloud evo. If was Mid range I would go for the silver surfer and finally I would love a log vape, these are perfect for gaming sessions but I can't find any log vapes in the uk.

Other info I guess, is that I live on my own so stealth is not something I need to care about.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, elmer budd said:

I got a vape the other day, it is proper stealthy compared to the old methods, but them cartridges dont last long.  Also still makes you cough.  I also smoked spliffs for years and now have dodgy lungs too.  I don't smoke bacci any more, and I typically smoke a bong.  You say smoking it neat costs, but if you give up the nicotine I think you will find yourself smoking a lot less - cos a small amount will get you stoned and you will not have the craving for fags aking you keep lighting up.

I think it is a lot better to eat it really, save the lungs.  I still love a smoke though, and I am only just getting to grow my own... I think if I can supply myself then I will definitely be exploring rosin, oils, vape and edibles a lot more.  Fuck knows how much money we have spend on weed through the years, mate, time to put some seeds in the dirt:cowboy:

Thanks bro,I'm not able to grow where I am unfortunately, maybe in future. 

1 minute ago, Wusta16 said:

Thanks bro,I'm not able to grow where I am unfortunately, maybe in future. 

Try some jamaican FECO honey, mate:hippy:

• Like 2

is about 25 years since a bad chest caused by tabac made me quit, I had started growing my own cannabis at that point and started smoking from a pipe then bongs and bubblers over the years, I am a obsessive compulsive smoker and have lots of hits in a day, was about 2 years ago my chest started giving me problems again mostly the bubblehash, I got myself 2 vapes a volcano and boundless, after a short time I started using the boundless for hash and the volcano for bud, have not had a bad chest since I started vaping. 

• Like 3

Wait, you can get flame heated water vape bongs?

Also I tried a dab recently - that was a lot smoother than a bong and the flavour intensity was really sweet.

I also have concerns about these added terpenes in vapes, I know from buying scents -- lots of allegens and other issues too from cheap sources.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 420engineer said:

Hey Dude,

I have  Silver Surfer for daily use, and a Volcano for group use. Those are the desktops I'd recommend. 

For portable, I'd recommend a flame power unit as they can achieve temps that would sucker punch most portable batteries. I have a DynaVap M 2018 model, a VapMan and a Firefly. The DynaVap took over from the VapMan which died after a few years use.

A water tool, ie, bong, is a must have, especially if you use the portables at home. A water pipe can transform a portable vapes output significantly. 

Those are the only ones I own, so can't comment on others, except to reiterate the benefit of a flame powered portable over a battery unit.  The DynaVap is only £49 btw, and can hit like a desktop unit, with a water pipe, of course :)

Thanks bro.I did watch a demo on the DynaVap last night after looking through similar posts on here yesterday although initially I  was thinking of a battery powered unit so I could just keep it on me whilst out & about  without the need to have a torch as well..I may need to rethink now.

• Like 1

Just now, elmer budd said:

Wait, you can get flame heated water vape bongs?

Also I tried a dab recently - that was a lot smoother than a bong and the flavour intensity was really sweet.

I also have concerns about these added terpenes in vapes, I know from buying scents -- lots of allegens and other issues too from cheap sources.

A portable flame powered vape can fit quite easily into a 14mm or 18mm adapter, just heat it up, pop it on and they hit like a desktop unit. 

• Like 2

I've been combustion free for over 5 years after being in the same postion, lungs trying to spend more time outside my body than in,

made me consider the options.

I bought the original Solo which is still running fine but a bit clunky to carry so I've also got the Solo 2, quite a big improvement on the first one.

Neither are cheap but they do the job all day every day of hammering...as already said you will use a lot less herb in a vape than anything else.

To compensate for the nicotine, along with all the other nasties you get with setting fire to stuff, I bought an E-cig mod with a Nautilis tank.

Used together, the transition from burning to vaping was relatively easy, the only thing is the high is different as you aren't putting all the other crap

into your system, I'm convinced this is the stuff that's addictive. I've not had bronchitis since giving up, it used be every year almost,

only had a couple of mild colds, the cough's pretty much gone and I'm not wheezing anymore, best thing I've done...

Cheaper end of the market is the storm which is a neat little vape for a reasonable price, the only drawback for me is the body of the unit gets a bit too hot.

Check out the Vapefiend banner on here, he's loaded with info about vapes along with some vids of him testing them out, spot on sales and aftersales

service too so I'd recommend using him to buy...:yep:

Good luck bud

:oldtoker:

Edited by stu914
  • Like 2

Just now, Wusta16 said:

Thanks bro.I did watch a demo on the DynaVap last night after looking through similar posts on here yesterday although initially I  was thinking of a battery powered unit so I could just keep it on me whilst out & about  without the need to have a torch as well..I may need to rethink now.

you'll need to carry spare batteries or a charger if you go electric. it's either that or a lighter for a flame unit, which can reach temps that would drain a battery in a couple of hits. I have both, and the battery units do not get anywhere near the same amount of use. Flame units hit very hard :)

• Like 2

Just now, hash72 said:

is about 25 years since a bad chest caused by tabac made me quit, I had started growing my own cannabis at that point and started smoking from a pipe then bongs and bubblers over the years, I am a obsessive compulsive smoker and have lots of hits in a day, was about 2 years ago my chest started giving me problems again mostly the bubblehash, I got myself 2 vapes a volcano and boundless, after a short time I started using the boundless for hash and the volcano for bud, have not had a bad chest since I started vaping. 

Same with me, I stopped smoking cigs about 10 years ago now and went on the early vapes. Make my own e-liquid now and pulled myself off nicotine also. I used to get chest infections but have not had one since I gave up. I only considered cannabis for pain relief when I found out that they made dry herb vapes.

For me it was life changing.

• Like 2