auto strains lineage

itsmeithink

@Dinafem-Mark

Just a quick query regarding the details on the website about auto flower lineage if you please :thumsup:

on the dinafem website on white widow auto cbd it shows :

indica 35% sativa 15% ruderalis 50%

however on a sweet seeds site it shows i.e. sweet nurse auto cbd:

Indica: 60% / Sativa: 39,22% / Ruderalis: 0,78%

and mephistogenetics show them as 80/20 etc

What is the deal with the genetics on your seeds ?

is the white widow supposed to show 85% 10% 5% etc or something like that ?

i love your seeds and love growing them ,I'm just having a moment trying to work out the indica/sativa content.

apologies on having to scrap the last grow but i had to move 250 miles in a hurry lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, itsmeithink said:

@Dinafem-Mark

Just a quick query regarding the details on the website about auto flower lineage if you please :thumsup:

on the dinafem website on white widow auto cbd it shows :

indica 35% sativa 15% ruderalis 50%

however on a sweet seeds site it shows i.e. sweet nurse auto cbd:

Indica: 60% / Sativa: 39,22% / Ruderalis: 0,78%

What is the deal with the genetics on your seeds ?

is the white widow supposed to show 85% 10% 5% etc or something like that ?

i love your seeds and love growing them ,I'm just having a moment trying to work out the indica/sativa content.

apologies on having to scrap the last grow but i had to move 250 miles in a hurry lol

As I don't do the breeding I can try to answer this to the best of my ability mate. 

As you know the auto gene or "Ruderalis" gene which mate the plants "auto"

Now, depending on the strain we try to strip the shall we say "none desirable" traits leaving behind what we need the "auto gene"

Some seed banks will strip the auto out very close to completely, with our White widow auto CBD we kept 50% of the Ruderalis trait as I believe with autos and high CBD strains this works in the favour of CBD  :yep:

Let me have a more in-depth chat with the breed team mate and I'll get a more detailed reply. 

It can get super confusing as if your using say 3 strains to create on you would think it would be an equal 33.3% per strain represented in the offspring. Very interesting but confusing to me. So I'll get a better reply buddy  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

This would have no autoflowering trait then? The ruderalis gene is what makes autos "auto" or is this a photoperiod strain?

I think memphisto only do autos?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

This would have no autoflowering trait then? The ruderalis gene is what makes autos "auto" or is this a photoperiod strain?

I think memphisto only do autos?

All the best 

Mark..

Yes m8 you are correct they only do autos, however they are all marketed as 60/30 etc, see there strain guide here:

https://www.mephistogenetics.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/pdfs/Mephisto-2018-Strain-Guide.pdf

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

Yes m8 you are correct they only do autos, however they are all marketed as 60/30 etc, see there strain guide here:

https://www.mephistogenetics.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/pdfs/Mephisto-2018-Strain-Guide.pdf

I thought they were just auto seed mate but in that case I would expect that some ruderalis is left behind as this is what makes autos well "auto"?

I could be wrong as I'm not a pollen chucker or breeder. @beezee you do a bit of breeding brother. If the auto/Ruderalis trait is removed are they autos and the auto gene not declared? 

Let me see what our breed team says for a more in-depth answer  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, itsmeithink said:

No apology needed mate We all have issue from time to time  :yep:

Hope your settled in now @itsmeithink?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I thought they were just auto seed mate but in that case I would expect that some ruderalis is left behind as this is what makes autos well "auto"?

I could be wrong as I'm not a pollen chucker or breeder. @beezee you do a bit of breeding brother. If the auto/Ruderalis trait is removed are they autos and the auto gene not declared? 

Let me see what our breed team says for a more in-depth answer  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

I think if the lr/rudy gene is worked to less than 1% (or close to) then there would be no point declaring it. As it's dominant, the plants should still auto as you can't line breed auto out. 

Also if mephisto are only auto breeders they may see it as a given that there is lr present and just say what the rest of the make-up is.

No one has to give these percentages, so how it's worked out is up to the company and not standardised or worked out via genetics.

Hope that helps? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beezee said:

I think if the lr/rudy gene is worked to less than 1% (or close to) then there would be no point declaring it. As it's dominant, the plants should still auto as you can't line breed auto out. 

Also if mephisto are only auto breeders they may see it as a given that there is lr present and just say what the rest of the make-up is.

No one has to give these percentages, so how it's worked out is up to the company and not standardised or worked out via genetics.

Hope that helps? 

That helps a lot brother and is pretty similar to what one of our breeders said :yep:

As I've been told. We can work an auto strain to have less than 1% of the Ruderalis trait, basically the only part left behind is the autoflowering trigger. Then we have other strain where we find keeping a certain % of the Ruderalis gene actually helps the strain through genetic selection. This is more seen with our high CBD autoflowering strains. When testing at various generations we are finding a higher or better CBD/THC ratio, closer to what we are looking for when we work the auto gene into the strain. 

Also, as we have new seedbanks being created every week and some only specialize in autoflowering strain. If this is all they create and the customer knows this then I can see why only the indica and sativa % are represented  :yep:

Thanks for your valuable input brother @beezee

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, beezee said:

Hope that helps? 

@Dinafem-Mark   @beezee

Wonderfully worded m8 thank you, :thumsup:

This is one of those things that bugged me like the plague lol, i would sit and wonder why dinafem and mephisto were not showing the ruderalis % .

Dinafem shows theres as 50% on all high cbd strains but nothing on the regular auto flowers ? why is that then?

im not criticising dinafem , far from it , i have grown lots of their high cbd stuff out and love them with a passion.

heck my next grow is dinafem white widow auto cbd :thumsup:

sweet seeds show this as for instance sweet nurse auto cbd as:   Indica: 60% / Sativa: 39,22% / Ruderalis: 0,78%

and mephisto also show no ruderalis % , is this because they are not high cbd ? as sweet seeds show theirs as high cbd but only 0.78% ruderalis.

not trying to overthink this , i just want to know what is what.

Edited by itsmeithink
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

Dinafem shows theres as 50% on all high cbd strains but nothing on the regular auto flowers ? why is that then?

This will be due to the fact that the auto/Ruderalis gene was beneficial to the auto CBD line and was kept in the lineage. With none CBD autos, we do state a % on some, others we don't. I can understand how this us confusing mate.

Some we strip all undesirable traits out and leave only the autoflowering trigger, the % will be less than 1% auto but imo should still be stated. 

I'm just waiting for a more in-depth reply from our head breeder. When I get an answer I'll drop back in to update  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

mephisto also show no ruderalis % , is this because they are not high cbd ?

I don't think this has anything to do with the CBD % mate. Rather the fact that memphisto only sell or produce "auto" strains. So I think,  they think the customer knows this and only disclose the sativa/indica %?

Even if there is minimal autoflowering traits left behind the % imo should be stated and I will chat to the boss to see if we can update out descriptions accordingly  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, itsmeithink said:

I'd say that dinafems pure cbd is 100% rudy, cross that to a different auto that has very low rudy and you get half of each parent in the offspring, leaving 50% rudy. It's not quite that simple, but that's the basics 

I'm not as familiar with sweet seeds stuff, but it's probably fairly easy to work out. 

• Like 2

Just now, beezee said:

I'd say that dinafems pure cbd is 100% rudy, cross that to a different auto that has very low rudy and you get half of each parent in the offspring, leaving 50% rudy. It's not quite that simple, but that's the basics 

I'm not as familiar with sweet seeds stuff, but it's probably fairly easy to work out. 

thanks m8 I'm struggling with the % ratios tbh

so lets say that dinafem pure cbd is 100% ruderalis and we cross it with a white widow xxl  which is stated as indica dominant thc high , no % available.

where and why do  do we end up with  35% indica, 15% sativa , 50% ruderalis.

i aint looking for the definite answer just a slight insight on how the ratios are made up, I'm not saying that dinafem/mephisto,sweet seeds are right or wrong , I'm just looking for some clarity on this and I'm sure many others would.

i know we are a growing community and that information is key/even vital on strains and equally more so on terpene levels that influence the highs as important pieces of information that determine which seeds/strains we choose to combat our afflictions .

Hope i aint being a pest :thumsup:

• Like 2

@itsmeithink OK the wwa xxl cbd is 35, 15, 50. That could mean wwa xxl is 70% indica (being dominant) and 30% sativa, half of that is passed on to the offspring which would give you your 35% and 15%

• Like 2