Rudi

Its my first grow with a good setup and decent lighting and enviroment controls. I am not sure which autoflower strain to grow. Like the look of the dutch passion strains and effort they put into genetics would like go with them! So was basically hoping people could give me some pointers based on my potentially quite fussy requirements:

- Minimal spread so mostly one big cola (this is so I can grow 3 plants in my 70x70 tent as I want to test different feeding schedules and soil mixes etc)

- Fast seed to harvest

- Good yield

- I have a 2m tall tent and would prefer taller plants (more bud hopefully)

So far my thoughts seem to be going with AutoXtreme or Auto Euforia. I am using a 600w dimmable and have a 400w dual spectrum hps so probably will be going with that and running on a 24hr light schedule for making temps more constant.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2018 at 0:20 PM, Rudi said:

one big cola (this is so I can grow 3 plants in my 70x70 tent

3 might be pushing it rudiralis Rudi............ you may need to bump up to a 600w for 3 plants, and you can defo know the heat will be nearer what you need.............

2m tall tent........ minus pot height 35cm, minus light hangers distance 40cm, minus the 60cm minimum clearance to the top of plant to prevent burn....... you have clear grow room from pot top to under light distance of 70-80cm max height at full bloom.........

So autoextreme is out.............. unless you scrogg the 3 together. And top them and feed all the bows into a nett matrix 40cm above the pots.......

The best i recommend, for this is............ a plant that you will be ok at 80cm grow space............ the smell and flavor, is top ten DP............ the legendary    "Think Different"................ highly recommended.............. likes the nutes also............... environ tolerant

is my recommendation Rudi..................good luck witht the grow............. if you need any guide or help............... find me in the DP lounge in the dutch passion breeders tag, or PM me mate,...................i am running the "Zkittle Comparative Grow", blog at the mo...............(AM) = Automaster

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 1

Been told auto ultimate from D.p is a massive yielder. Just done the lemon zkittles and got about 4 Oz from one plant.  Lovely smoke too. Highly recommended 

• Like 2

Cheers for feedback guys! 

@AutoMaster actually upped things to a 1x1x2 tent and going to run on 600w with 4 mid height plants like you suggest and based off a load of feedback from these forums! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rudi said:

Cheers for feedback guys! 

@AutoMaster actually upped things to a 1x1x2 tent and going to run on 600w with 4 mid height plants like you suggest and based off a load of feedback from these forums! 

the auto ultimate is a bit leggy for the 80cm clearance rudi rude boy has, even a lowish nitrogen source gives it long sativa legs !!............. however, the Think Different, also beats it with terpen value, and is up there on the chromo at around 22-25% resin mass.............. the heaviest yielding automatic, dry harvest world record,.......... was set by a single AutoExtreme, i think it was 3580g/Dry, in 30ltr airpot, using organic white peat & perlite........... one of those super bean extreme genetic cannabis monsters plants........!!!

heres a picture;

gallery_80973_7264_117777.jpg

only kidding............ AM

you can do some low strain bending technique to get the height down and yield up rudi's........  you train it 2 into 4, into 8no colas LST training............ 8 large colas is the 8 ball LST............. as below, one i did.........

gallery_80973_7327_155091.jpggallery_80973_7327_31013.jpggallery_80973_7327_110278.jpggallery_80973_7327_98878.jpggallery_80973_7327_45761.jpggallery_80973_7327_216475.jpggallery_80973_7327_9359.jpggallery_80973_7327_45399.jpg

• Like 2

I grew a think different this year.... Topped her early to keep the hight down, she took it in her stride!

She was harvested a little early due to the dreaded Borg, but still gave me 80gs of kickass bud.

I can definitely recommend her mate

Okay cheers! I will do some LST as got a bit more space around the pots now!

What kinda height tents are people using out if interest I thought 2m high be pretty typical, or is it because im running the 600 instead 400 munching up the space due to heat reasons?

4 hours ago, zibzabz said:

I grew a think different this year.... Topped her early to keep the hight down, she took it in her stride!

She was harvested a little early due to the dreaded Borg, but still gave me 80gs of kickass bud.

I can definitely recommend her mate

Whats borg mate? Sorry if really obvious question bit new about :)

How early did you top been considering but everywhere seems to be alot of people against it with autos :/

I think I topped at the 4th. I know the general consensus is not to, but I'd heard that the think diffs could take 100days to finish so I thought id try.

I reckon it's a risk, but I got away with it

• Like 1

Ohh damnn! How do they come about/ cause of them?

Ahh nice cheers good to know :) I think as new and all will just keep things simple on first good (hopefully) grow to prevent messing up and just stick with tieing down to keep height bit lower.

If autos start getting to tall for your grow enviroment what can you do to stunt grow without damaging yield?

Keep the lights as tight as possible without causing any damage, plenty of air flow underneath the canopy and try to avoid overcrowding.  You'll be amazed by how much these plants can spread out.  That should keep the stretch under control.