My Sweecret laboratory. 5th Sweet Seeds competition grow diary 2018/19

jadenugs

Well, I've been wanting to read this diary for a good while @jadenugs and took me a few hours too. :yes:  

Fair play to you mate, now as you know I'm a dab hand at buggering them up early on and then turning them around and my usual modus operandi...looks like you've got this skill too mate ;)

Top job on them, was a bit of work though eh :sweaty: ...now with the mixing coco and compost, check out my Bangi Haze x Psychosister grow for the mix and when done, I found it did better for rooting and plants were better for it, (however the bloom was pretty much the same but did veg better) so be put off mate, just not too much of the coco ;) 

Simples is best bud and you and I both overthink our growing I reckon...I've gone back to my old nutes (Chempak 2 and 8) and I found that all these bottles for this, that and everything is just a case of Occams razor and now that I've stripped it back, well, things have vastly improved for doing so ;) 

Fantastic turnaround, lovely buds at the end a good haul too....stellar job bud :notworthy: 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 0:49 AM, botanics said:

Well, I've been wanting to read this diary for a good while @jadenugs and took me a few hours too. :yes:  

Fair play to you mate, now as you know I'm a dab hand at buggering them up early on and then turning them around and my usual modus operandi...looks like you've got this skill too mate ;)

Top job on them, was a bit of work though eh :sweaty: ...now with the mixing coco and compost, check out my Bangi Haze x Psychosister grow for the mix and when done, I found it did better for rooting and plants were better for it, (however the bloom was pretty much the same but did veg better) so be put off mate, just not too much of the coco ;) 

Simples is best bud and you and I both overthink our growing I reckon...I've gone back to my old nutes (Chempak 2 and 8) and I found that all these bottles for this, that and everything is just a case of Occams razor and now that I've stripped it back, well, things have vastly improved for doing so ;) 

Fantastic turnaround, lovely buds at the end a good haul too....stellar job bud :notworthy: 

Hi Bo mate and thanks very much for finding the time, it's a long read lol I will read your diary when I get the chance, I always enjoy your diaries and learn plenty from them :yep: Yeah the coco, I did a grow with coco mixed before this one and had good results, I think it was 30% coco if my memory serves. What would you recommend mate, 15%?

I started my outdoor plants for this season with 10% coco added for a bit of aeration and they got off to a good start.

I'm thinking it's my water that's causing me the most problems with an imbalance of the Ca and Mg ratio and think I may have confused a Ca toxicity with deficiency early in this grow (low root temps adding to the mix), adding CalMag when I shouldn't have :eek:

Time for a big reset (Keep it simple stoner), me thinks, just like you have done ;) TBH mate I did get the stupid idea into my head of giving CalMag early on as a preventative measure because I was using LED. Absolute bollocks lol give it only if needed is the key as with everything else. I should know better after growing for nearly 2 decades lol but like you I like to try different things. Sometimes it works, sometimes not but we learn from it, or should I say re-learn haha.

Sound advise dude and taken on board. Good to see you back on the boards :yep:

• Like 2

@jadenugs

With the coco mate, I remember doing a 4:1 mix with the trowel so around 20% coco and this was a good ratio I found as it moved the BH x PS in in a little quicker that the ones in straight compost (Jacks Magic).  The reason I did it was because I find Jacks a bit heavy and wanted a more 'free# mix.  I haven't done it since I went over to coco and found it a pain in the arse with my water here.  The cal/mg ratios are on the edge for me too and (PH'd my water at 7.9 sometimes) ok with compost but the coco on it's own, I had hell with it mate tbh :headpain: 

Stick with what you know and tweaks is the way really but you and I, well, we like to do a bit of experimenting see lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, botanics said:

but you and I, well, we like to do a bit of experimenting see lol 

Well we gotta try these things haven't we lol Cheers mucker :yep:

E2A I tried the Jack's magic once too and it was well heavy

Edited by jadenugs
  • Like 1